Barry Jackson Notes: Future of the Cap, Pre Training Camp Notes, RT and Pennington | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Barry Jackson Notes: Future of the Cap, Pre Training Camp Notes, RT and Pennington

Good stuff, can't wait for the season to start.

I would prefer Pennington be the QB coach opposed to that young kid they have.

re of the Cap, Pre Training Camp Notes, RT and Pennington

I would prefer Pennington be the QB coach opposed to that young kid they have.

If you dont know his name how can you even pretend to know how good or bad of a coach he is?

Great Article. LOVE to see how Ireland & Aponte worked the cap in order to avoid cutting good players to get under the cap next year.

The interesting thing next year will be Grimes.

Soliai and Odrick will be kept at DT, Misi will get a deal, Jones will get a team friendly deal or get tagged and Clemmons will either be signed or we will draft someone. Keller, well we shall see how he performs and see how healthy he is, his contract shouldn't be an issue if we want an extension. Patterson, Marshall and Carpenter could all be cut to add even more room to pass over to next year so im not concerned about any of these deals.

If Grimes comes back the player he was before he was injured... he will need a big contract and we would be mad to let him go. That deal could be very interesting

$5.5 mil against the cap in 2014 for a backup qb like moore is too much...they either need to restructure that or let him walk provided tannehill shows the development i expect...way too much

penciling in dion jordan as a starting every down de in 2014 is awfully rich...i hope he weighs at least 260 by then at that height...i would still think olivier vernon will have the early down edge...2015 i can see it...

odrick moving back to permanent dt is a no brainer...i bet they let starks, keller, incog, and maybe clemons go after this season...if grimes stays healthy i think he's a guy retained on a year to year basis...30 plus year old corners who have had acchilles recently don't break the bank

miami has to seriously consider losing that dmitri patterson cap #...either approach him with a cut or let him go but i bet it depends on how the rookie cbs show in training camp...no use doing anything now...see how it plays out

carpenters got one foot out the door already...if it's close to even it's over...they'll move on and roll with the cap savings with sturgis...

tannehill dirt cheap on this rookie contract...dirt cheap...2 years from now he'll be getting a $80 plus million dollar one from us so plan ahead cap wise

Really solid write up. I agree that Pennington should be a QB coach. Would love for him to be ours but I would like to see how Tanny progresses before jumping to that conclusion.

$5.5 mil against the cap in 2014 for a backup qb like moore is too much...they either need to restructure that or let him walk provided tannehill shows the development i expect...way too much

penciling in dion jordan as a starting every down de in 2014 is awfully rich...i hope he weighs at least 260 by then at that height...i would still think olivier vernon will have the early down edge...2015 i can see it...

odrick moving back to permanent dt is a no brainer...i bet they let starks, keller, incog, and maybe clemons go after this season...if grimes stays healthy i think he's a guy retained on a year to year basis...30 plus year old corners who have had acchilles recently don't break the bank

miami has to seriously consider losing that dmitri patterson cap #...either approach him with a cut or let him go but i bet it depends on how the rookie cbs show in training camp...no use doing anything now...see how it plays out

carpenters got one foot out the door already...if it's close to even it's over...they'll move on and roll with the cap savings with sturgis...

tannehill dirt cheap on this rookie contract...dirt cheap...2 years from now he'll be getting a $80 plus million dollar one from us so plan ahead cap wise
Hey Hoops. Based on this offseason I think Miami keeps Starks over Solai. Starks and Odrick can both rush the passer and it looks like Miami wants everyone in the front seven to pressure the qb. Obviously, depends on the season Starks has and his age now needs to be factored in. DT could also be a first round pick.

Two parts to the equation as far as Chad P being QB coach, does he want to invest that level of time ? I believe he has kids and may want to be available for them.

More positive news on Binns. Don't be shocked when he makes the 53. He is having a very nice sounding off season.

I would definitely shop Matt Moore next offseason for a draft pick. If they can get a 4th or 5th round pick for him you have to pull the trigger and can elevate Devlin to the #2 in 2014. Then they can use a mid round pick on a developmental quarterback that will have a cheap contract for four years.

Hey Hoops. Based on this offseason I think Miami keeps Starks over Solai. Starks and Odrick can both rush the passer and it looks like Miami wants everyone in the front seven to pressure the qb. Obviously, depends on the season Starks has and his age now needs to be factored in. DT could also be a first round pick.

maybe you're right...but with these undersized lbs and not stout at the poa players there who need to be clean to the ball i think a space clogger like solia has more value...especially when imo those guys are harder to find and take longer to develop...and you won't be getting the opportunity to rush the passer with your front 7 if you don't stop the run...

so to me solia has more value especially when you consider that the idea down the road is jordan supplements your pass rush significantly off the edge...anyways that's just how i see it...i think i can absorb/replace starks pass rush easier than i can solias stoutness vs the run and ability to take on multiple blockers...and odricks not a slouch interior pass rusher either at dt....

when teams started double teaming starks after his fast start in 2012 to make him the focal point of the interior defense his production and play fell off...

Back
Top Bottom