Barry Jackson Notes: Future of the Cap, Pre Training Camp Notes, RT and Pennington | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Barry Jackson Notes: Future of the Cap, Pre Training Camp Notes, RT and Pennington

i still haven't seen any concrete proof that teams can subtract player salaries from the cap hits on cut players with guaranteed moneys still on the table...i'm hearing it on here but yet to come across proof...

i still haven't seen any concrete proof that teams can subtract player salaries from the cap hits on cut players with guaranteed moneys still on the table...i'm hearing it on here but yet to come across proof...

They are two DIFFERENT deals. The guaranteed money is paid, and the not guaranteed money is not. You cannot subtract from guaranteed money but, you can subtract the non guaranteed money from the cap.

They are two DIFFERENT deals. The guaranteed money is paid, and the not guaranteed money is not. You cannot subtract from guaranteed money but, you can subtract the non guaranteed money from the cap.

ok but where's the proof??? i have looked can't find anything...

SO BE IT. whatever. :) I spent too many years learning all this stuff to gogle it for ya.

i don't think it's too much to ask of someone to provide proof of their point but fair enough i'm still looking...and if/when i do find proof i will make sure to come back here and give you credit for it...cause it's all news to me

i think the hardest part for me in all of this is miami has guaranteed wallace $30 mil bottom line...he has a very low cap # in year 1 of this deal i will be dumbfounded if miami can get out after year 2 of this contract not paying his 2015 salary and only pay a less than $ 3 mil hit against the cap to do it...

it just doesn't add up for me...there's too much deferred money for that to make sense in that $30 mil to me...but i am looking for proof

i don't think it's too much to ask of someone to provide proof of their point but fair enough i'm still looking...and if/when i do find proof i will make sure to come back here and give you credit for it...cause it's all news to me

OK, give me your specific question, and it will be answered.

Back
Top Bottom