Barry Jackson Talks FA's other Notes | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Barry Jackson Talks FA's other Notes

i think miami has played it right pesonally...most these guys are having career years in their walk years...we have to be careful...that said i don't think miami can let smith walk can't rebuild the cb core in one offseason and he is showing developmental signs feet look better not as off balance when guys cross his face and again he's playing underneath quick hitters much better...

jake long i don't know...if it's gonna be joe thomas money i'd move on...

randy starks i think is in line for $6 mil per or more maybe $7 mil per i'd look into a 3 year $20 mil or so deal there...but if he balks i'd be comfortable moving odrick into his spot and finding a de in the draft to give us some pass rush...i believe in derrick shelbys potential as rotational end and maybe more...

anthony fasano only real in line blocking te we have...durable i keep him...somewhere in the $5 mil range...

reggie bush i either let him walk or franchise him...if he keeps getting hurt we might be able to work out something on a 2 year deal we can work with...

if we can lose carps $3 mil and not pay for it cap wise i do it...i'm tired of the excuses there...

chris clemons i could care less about...he should not be a priority...

hartline $5 mil or less i don't go higher...him and bess with a true #1 could be solid...and this is where i spend my free agency money this offseason...a true wr...a greg jennings...something like that...it's the one piece i'd look to find in free agency and spend considerable on...

use the draft to get a pass rushing de, a fs (unless you move richard marshall there cause i don't like what i see as a boundary cb and we are on the hook for good money...not getting bang for our buck) another wr with a top 3 round pick, a backup mike backer an instinctual guy like k states arthur brown would be nice in the 3rd round...only gonna last that long cause he's undersized but he's right for the 43...and maybe a damn te cause even his own teammate is saying egnew may never do anything...and of course we need to redo the cornerback position by adding a high round pick one there also as corners fly off the board in the draft...someone with size and great tools...

Before this season, I have read here where many thought Hartline to be no better than a #3, and Smith was not VG. Things change, and NOW many ask why we did not extend them earlier. :)

I'll hold up on the pass rush until I see how Vernon and Shelby develop.

I thought it was alarming that Egnew could not remember plays. Brutal.

With changes to the staff and philosophy on both sides of the ball it was smart NOT to resign the players mentioned until AFTER the coach and GM saw them actually play in the new system.
Long is the perfect example. He's a great LT in the ground and pound Parcells / Tony system. Just ok so far in the new WCO.

As posted, I agree. Even Soliai was a question on moving from NT to DT. I did not think he would be a VG fit but, has proved me wrong. IF he did not fit, you need Odrick or maybe McD to take his place, and Starks has more value.

I'm not an Ireland lover or hater. I believe he has been an average GM but, completely agree with what he has done on contract extensions.

I thought it was alarming that Egnew could not remember plays. Brutal.

I don't know where these things come from, and how reliable they are. Egnew is a rookie, who never had to block. I give him some time before kicking him to the curb. He has been overshadowed by other rookies contributing immediately. That does not make him a bad pick, so far. Just look at Jerry.

When I read that article with the combination we've only played 4 games
and talk says Sean Smith @ $10 million per season...Has Barry Jackson lost his f****** mind

Jones we need a free safety and Elam looks like the

elam is a beast watched him last night that would be nice we could probably get him in the 2nd-3rd round? either way we need an upgrade over clemons

I don't know where these things come from, and how reliable they are. Egnew is a rookie, who never had to block. I give him some time before kicking him to the curb. He has been overshadowed by other rookies contributing immediately. That does not make him a bad pick, so far. Just look at Jerry.

It shows a lack on football intellect. Should have shown up in pre-draft chalk sessions. Bad pick.

This is my biggest Concern, Personally I think Sherman may have an EGO problem in this regard:

Considering Tannehill Audible on two of the three this is just inaccurate. But most if not all Offensive Coordinators do have EGO problems, you right on that one.

When I read that article with the combination we've only played 4 games
and talk says Sean Smith @ $10 million per season...Has Barry Jackson lost his f****** mind

No doubt Smith will get this money. Does he warrant it? Maybe not, but the market might say otherwise. CB's are hard to find.

Smith’s size, speed and steady growth will make him a coveted commodity, considering the value placed on cornerbacks. He has allowed only 41.7 percent of passes thrown against him to be caught – best in the league among cornerbacks targeted at least 30 times.

Looks like another one of our players are #1 in a category. LMAO, patients is such a virtue. Now, I think we can put to bed who's better between Vontae and Smith. Leggo.

All-Pro receiver Larry Fitzgerald sought out Smith after Sunday’s two-interception game to tell him what a good job he’s doing.

Wow, even opposing players have a higher regard for our players than some of us do.

It shows a lack on football intellect. Should have shown up in pre-draft chalk sessions. Bad pick.

Egnew is a converted WR. Give him a break, and talk to me in a year. He is developing.

There have been reports of Miller having the same problem but, RB's can fit in much easier. Was he a bad pick as well?

There have been reports of Miller having the same problem but, RB's can fit in much easier. Was he a bad pick as well?

Miller is a great pick...an entire round after Egnew.

FYI, Miller has shown something in actual games. Egnew cannot even get active. Egnew sucked in the preseason and looked lost. He is and will be a bust. Missouri TE's fail all the time in the NFL.

Miller is a great pick...an entire round after Egnew.

FYI, Miller has shown something in actual games. Egnew cannot even get active. Egnew sucked in the preseason and looked lost. He is and will be a bust. Missouri TE's fail all the time in the NFL.

It would not surprise me to see Egnew making some plays in the the future of this season. How many other rookies have you had as busts after 4 games in the NFL? C'Mon Man.

It would not surprise me to see Egnew making some plays in the the future of this season. How many other rookies have you had as busts after 4 games in the NFL? C'Mon Man.

We should be patient. However, he has demonstrated nothing in preseason, practice or actual game settings to make me think he is worth anything.

Hark Knocks demonstrated how scared and lost Egnew looked. I could see him getting cut next summer.

Back
Top Bottom