Barry Jackson Talks FA's other Notes | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Barry Jackson Talks FA's other Notes

This is a mess i cant believe none of these guys have been resigned yet. There is absolutely no way we can give Long a joe thomas like contract absolutely not! His play has slipped and hia body is wearing down we cant waste that type of money on the next tony boselli this team desperately needs playmakers. Kick Martin to LT and sign a solid RT or draft one in like the 3rd round. Let clemons walk too we need an upgrade at FS we can draft Mcdonald from USC or Reid from LSU and before resigning Fasano we need to see if we can find a seem threat TE and if we can then let fasano walk and we can still use mastrud for blocking and hope egnew develops. Lets not waste valuable cap space on servicable players we need to start adding playmakers totake that next step.

I was with you until you got to MASTRUD/FASANO. MASTRUD flat out sucks. A blocking TE who can't block: what's HE still doing here? FASANO blocks and catches passes. He's not a deep threat. But if you want a deep threat at TE, are you willing to concede that EGGNOG and CLAY are both busts?

As to LONG, if he can't stay healthy and perform at a high level, then he's way too expensive. It's on him to prove otherwise. If he does so, he stays: if not, then he doesn't get a contact even close to THOMAS's...if he gets a contract at all.

People realize that Ireland talks to all the players weekly, and dialog happens ALL THE TIME?!

Just because you don't hear something, doesn't mean thy aren't talking.

Rosenhaus said it himself on the Joe Rose show last week, and I chat with David Canter on twitter all the time.

Relax. We have all season (and off-season).

Priorities for me have to be Smith and Starks, followed by Hartline.

Starks is a Pro Bowl calibre football player and a key part of why our D is so strong right now.

Smith looks like the bulb has switched on. He has always had the potential to be an elite corner, he's beginning to show it. Shut down 2 #1 NFL WR in the past 2 weeks and is beginning to make plays. He's going to go from strength to strength. Hopefully a mainstay of a top 5 NFL D over the coming years.

Hartline is the strange one. This guy is a #2 WR in an offense. Yes, he's playing great and him and Tannehill have clearly clicked but for me if demands are too high, I'm not overly concerned if we don't go that extra mile. We should be able to acquire his equal IMO elsewhere. Sure I hope he resigns but not at the expense of losing either Starks or Smith as that simply can't happen.

Long for me doesn't look the same player he was. Shame but for what he's going to command, I'm not sure there's any value there when we have Martin drafted high as a LT to step in.

Clemons I really don't care what happens.

Let Fasano and Clemons walk. Re-sign Smith, Starks, Hartline, and either re-sign Bush or franchise him and either re-sign Long or franchise him. But only let Fasano and Clemons go.

Mastrud can replace Fasano as the blocking TE. If Egnew and Clay fail to develop (which I believe both will be integral parts of Offense by end of season), we just draft another one. Clemons should be replaced in the first few picks of the draft.

Let Fasano and Clemons walk. Re-sign Smith, Starks, Hartline, and either re-sign Bush or franchise him and either re-sign Long or franchise him. But only let Fasano and Clemons go.

Mastrud can replace Fasano as the blocking TE. If Egnew and Clay fail to develop (which I believe both will be integral parts of Offense by end of season), we just draft another one. Clemons should be replaced in the first few picks of the draft.

I think this is whats going to happen although we might lose Starks too. Clemmons could come back if he gets no decent offers and we sign him cheap for some depth.

We need a good TE and #1 receiver. Jake Long is showing signs of slowing down. Trading him for a first round pick may be a good idea. The idea of having two first round picks is very appealing..

Back
Top Bottom