Bart Scott, "The AFC east has never seen a violent defense" | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bart Scott, "The AFC east has never seen a violent defense"

I think rex is starting to make his team feel a little insecure. Seriously, that team turned into the ****iest team in the NFL overnight, and for what. Karma is a ***** and when this team goes 3-13, the rest of the NFL will be laughing at them

he should be worrying about his team turning on him if they lose their first couple games.

Noone ever said he was a terrible player. we wanted calvin pace, yes, but not for what you guys signed him for. He isnt worth getting into a bidding war for and although you guys overpaid for him, we werent going to over-overpay for him

We overpaid at $22 mil guaranteed but you weren't going to overpay at $20 mil guaranteed?

Overrated and overpaid b/c he's a Jet but if Miami signed him he'd be a HOFer.

i/we know there's some biased **** going around in forums... but what's up with continuously trying to point it out ? don't you have something better to do ? like, a wife ? college ? job ? heck, do you even have a life ?

you're one of the most respectful and thought up jets fan i've seen, but sometimes i wonder what's your purpose here on FH... did your wife cheated on you with a dolphins fan ?

We overpaid at $22 mil guaranteed but you weren't going to overpay at $20 mil guaranteed?

we knew where to draw the line, you guys did not.. If we offered him 22, you would have offered him 24

he should be worrying about his team turning on him if they lose their first couple games.

That being said, the Jets and the Bills will be the 3rd and 4th best tema in the division respectively...

i/we know there's some biased **** going around in forums... but what's up with continuously trying to point it out ? don't you have something better to do ? like, a wife ? college ? job ? heck, do you even have a life ?

you're one of the most respectful and thought up jets fan i've seen, but sometimes i wonder what's your purpose here on FH... did your wife cheated on you with a dolphins fan ?

My Wife has taste so she would never do anything like that.

I do have a beautiful Wife, a young son, a nice home, a good job. Thanks for asking! Fortunately as part of my job I need to stay connected in the sports world so I am encouraged to visit many sites so I post alot. If you have noticed I have been posting here more than usual lately you are correct. I got into a little spat w/ my former home board and stopped posting there for the time being so basically I have taken my psots from there and transferred them here.

I hope this clears up this mystery for you and I appreciate the concern!

Didn't Jackie Manuel go to Cardinal Newman?

You guys offered him a contract in the neighborhood of what we offered so don't act like you weren't paying for him. I think you offered around $20 mil guaranteed and we signed him for $22 mil guaranteed.

Where in the world did you come up with those numbers. If I remember correctly it wasnt anywhere near that.
Chubbs

we knew where to draw the line, you guys did not.. If we offered him 22, you would have offered him 24

Parcells desperately wanted him(which is probably good enough reason not to sign him). When 2 teams want the same player it drives the price up.

Where in the world did you come up with those numbers. If I remember correctly it wasnt anywhere near that.
Chubbs

According to a league source, the Dolphins have agreed to terms with free agent defensive end Calvin Pace.
The fifth-year pro is coming off his best season after recording 98 tackles, including 6 1/2 sacks. The financial terms haven't been disclosed but is believed to include over $20 million in guaranteed money.
Pace's signing leaves Joey Porter's status with the team in limbo after being the team's marquee signing a season ago.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/football/nfl/02/29/dolphins.pace/index.html

http://www.thephinsider.com/story/2008/2/29/19532/2563

Miami is also trying to sign Arizona Cardinals' free agent Calvin Pace, who visited earlier in the day, and would be the centerpiece of the club's reconfigured linebacker corps. But ESPN.com confirmed that Pace, one of the most highly sought free agents and likely to generate a $6 million-a-year contract with more than $15 million in guarantees, will visit with New York Jets officials on Saturday.

I see this one stating $20MM but who the hell pays attention to Si
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/football/nfl/02/29/dolphins.pace/

My Wife has tatse so she would never do anything like that.

I do have a beautiful Wife, a young son, a nice home, a good job. Thanks for asking! Fortunately as part of my job I need to stay connected in the sports world so I am encouraged to visit many sites so I post alot. If you have noticed I have been posting here more than usual lately you are correct. I got into a little spat w/ my former home board and stopped posting there for the time being so basically I have taken my psots from there and transferred them here.

C'mon Junc, you're in the basement of your grandma's wearing fuzzy slippers with Baywatch on in the background. Admit it

The $15 mil was the speculation before the 2 teams were bidding for his services.

My Wife has tatse so she would never do anything like that.

if that turns out to be true, then yeah i'm less concerned about your mental health...

if you're really bored, i downloaded the jets/dolphins game of wk17, might help you get through your day at work :D

then, you could start reporting un-biased **** about that game on your own team's discussion board ! hell ! you could even share your thoughts with us ! sounds like a wonderful idea !

Last edited by a moderator:
C'mon Junc, you're in the basement of your grandma's wearing fuzzy slippers with Baywatch on in the background. Admit it

OK, everything except baywatch. I'm really into Land of the Lost right now:D

sleestak2-1.jpg

if that turns out to be true, then yeah i'm less concerned about your mental health...

if you're really bored, i downloaded the jets/dolphins game of wk17, might help you get through your day at work :D

You should be concerned about my mental health(I thank you for your concern) but not b/c of my posting on the board.:D

I just ate lunch, I couldn't take hearing that inspiring pre-game speech Favre gave before that game.:boohoo:

Back
Top Bottom