Believe it or not we need a RB!!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Believe it or not we need a RB!!!!

jroure

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Fellas, all this talk of QBs and 3rd WRs....what we really need is a 2nd RB! Depth is critical. While Minor is okay, he's not an everydown back. While Leonard Henry shows flashes in NFLE, he's coming off injury. So we need a quality back that can spell Ricky and or slide in for a few games if god forbid my boy Ricky gets nick'ed up. Holla...

We don't need a backup RB.

Minor doesn't need to be an everydown back at all. He could EASILY take more carries.

We also have Fred Russell, who I thought was brilliant in college.

Henry has great talent as well. Anothe rplayer i rated highly coming out of school, I'm dissapointed he didn't get on the field.

What we have at running back is adequate....ps...if Ricky goes down for ANY extended period of time...we can kiss the season good-bye...Minor is more than fine as a backup.

Minor is very capable and Henry may be more so. And this Russell kid makes us almost have too many good RB back ups!

I disagree completely. If Ricky goes down, Minor is definately good enough to get yards. The offensive line will have to change their style of blocking to suit him.
We will probably short pass more...but I don't think if we lose Ricky that our chances go totally out the window. Minor isn't a rookie.

Who are you going to get? Maybe we can see about trading for Jamal Lewis or Clinton Portis? What do you want from a second/third string RB?

While I hope the load is taken of Ricky a little more this year, a backup RB in Miami is not going to get many carries. Fred Russell could be a steal as a FA signing. Besides Minor has averaged over 4 ypc in each of his three seasons.

were all set when it comes to running back russell minor and henrey are more than most teams could hope for as far as back ups go

I think we are fine when it comes to back up RBs. If Ricky goes down (god forbid) then that is probably the only time we will see exactly what our passing tandem can do. I think we would be passing a LOT more then.

I have no worries about Rb position. Miami has great talents in that position. Ricky, Minor, Russell. Nuff said.

We don't need a RB. We have a very good starter and some solid backups as well. RB is one of our strengths and no changes need to be made at the position.

jroure said:
Fellas, all this talk of QBs and 3rd WRs....what we really need is a 2nd RB! Depth is critical. While Minor is okay, he's not an everydown back.

huh? we dont need an every down back, we already have one. minor is a perfect 3rd down back for this offense, and i believe he could start and carry 15-20 times effectively if ricky ever goes down(*gulp*)...and minor is better than "okay", since his rookie year, he has played VERY well, spelling lamar and ricky.

****, what we need is for Ricky to actually show up this year. Personally, I thnk that Ricky svcked last year. What'd he average.....like 3.2 ypc??? That blows in comparison to what standards everyone holds RW up to. If he has another dull year in '04, I say trade him, pick up a back like Priest Holmes.

buckeyenic007 said:
****, what we need is for Ricky to actually show up this year. Personally, I thnk that Ricky svcked last year. What'd he average.....like 3.2 ypc??? That blows in comparison to what standards everyone holds RW up to. If he has another dull year in '04, I say trade him, pick up a back like Priest Holmes.

Do you know anything about football at all?

Don't you think the patch work offensive line had something to do with it? maybe?
I don't care who you put in at RB they ain't doing **** with the way the fins line was last year.

I nominate this as dumda$s post of the day. do I have a second?

buckeyenic007 said:
Dude... Go home, get some sleep. You are OUTA your mind!!! Ricky is KING. Wait till you see him behind Jeno.

Back
Top Bottom