Believe it or not we need a RB!!!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Believe it or not we need a RB!!!!

In all fairness, Ricky contributed to his own problems at times, trying to do too much etc.

But ya, the post wasn't too smart.

Wait till you see him behind Jeno.

Something bugs me about that comment...YOU haven't seen him behind Jeno either don't forget...

A list of positions we need either improvement or depth before we look at RB. In no particular order:
T
G
C
WR
FB
PR
KR
LB
DT
QB
Maybe
DE
TE
S

But after that I agree with the post :shakeno:

we need more rbs?

I have to agree with the rest of the guys, God forbid Ricky go down, but I believe Minor who only had 41 carries for 193 yds last year and averaged 4.7 yds a carry could carry it more. I believe Minor needs to get some more carries. I don't know the extent of Henry's injury but this kid can play as well I was real excited about him after last pre Season and his short stay in the NFL Europe made me even more exited. I have heard that this Russell kid is impressing the coaches. Also we did get Sammy Morris from Buffalo who I think could have been better had he got more carries. I think we are fine at RB.

buckeyenic007 said:
****, what we need is for Ricky to actually show up this year. Personally, I thnk that Ricky svcked last year. What'd he average.....like 3.2 ypc??? That blows in comparison to what standards everyone holds RW up to. If he has another dull year in '04, I say trade him, pick up a back like Priest Holmes.

Uhh, did you actually watch a Dolphins game last year? The offensive line SUCKED! Ricky might have done better if anyone made a block for him or something.

Also, have you heard of the salary cap? First of all, Holmes is old. Secondly, I doubt the Chiefs would trade him for Ricky anyway. In the NFL, you can't just trade players for other players. The salary cap makes it almost impossible. This year's Portis for Bailey trade is the exception to that, and that was only able to happen because Portis was on a cheap rookie contract and Bailey's contract was over or almost over.

The wildcard RB on our team to me is Henry, I think this guy has the talent and ability to be a top RB in the league, unfortunate for him, he has Ricky in front of him. But RB is not a need on this team..RG is and a good if not better than what we have LT. Wade is okay, but JT is just winning too many battles, when pads come on, I hope that stops.

:rofl: Does the person who started this thread know it is 2004? Where there is a cap and that limits your depth at some positions. Not every position is going to have a solid backup. That being said, Minor is a good back and I believe he can carry the load IF RW ever goes down

MDFINFAN said:
The wildcard RB on our team to me is Henry, I think this guy has the talent and ability to be a top RB in the league, unfortunate for him, he has Ricky in front of him. But RB is not a need on this team..RG is and a good if not better than what we have LT. Wade is okay, but JT is just winning too many battles, when pads come on, I hope that stops.

In all fairness to Wade he is facing JT.

Yall are some hostile as$ critics! I'm just expressing a concern. You cats think you're geniuses! Half of you don't know crap. You think I don't know that Ricky is like Jesus Christ for our team! That was my point, if he goes down we're finished. I like Minor, but he doesn't do it with all the other question marks we're going into the season with. Imagine a 5 game stretch with him at RB and the offense having to depend on the passing game. Until proven, the pass is not our strong point. We can't even complete critical third and longs when Rick runs for 150! Our prayer is that Boston and Feeley with a new oline change that, but at this point (punks) none of know if they will soooooo this is all just chat and I'm expressing a concern so get off my bizalls. Again, Henry is an Xfactor and you guys know more about Russell than me. I'll be sure to nominate the next most stupid post of the day, as soon as one of yall say something!

but what makes you so sure Minor couldn't carry the load? He's better than most NFL backups...

Minor has been good in spurts, but I'd be scared if Ricky went down. Minor has never had to be a full-time back, not even in college. He averaged 16 carries a game at Florida St. I don't think he take the pounding of 20-25 carries.
Having said that, if Ricky does get hurt, we'll probably split the carries between Minor, Henry and Russell.

"IF" Ricky gets hurt Minor will not carry the load alone it will be spilt up so if Travis gets 12 carries and either Henry or Russel get 8-10 they will be able to carry the load. I'm not saying they will be as productive as Ricky but they will be fine. Minor is a completely different type of back than Ricky, so if Ricky goes down its the OL that will worry me not the RB position. We will have to shift from a Power Run Offense to a finesse running game.

Back
Top Bottom