Believe it or not we need a RB!!!! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Believe it or not we need a RB!!!!

The way teams play us now (before we know what impact Boston has) is that they put 8 in the box (overtly or covertly) and they make us beat them with the pass/playaction. I think you'll agree that we seldom make teams pay for this because of Fiedler's inconsistency and ineffective long ball. We'll see if Feeley improves us in this area. Ricky demands 8, Minor won't. And I'm not Minor bashing, I like him, but Defenses will not be concerned with him and they will drop back in coverage. Minimizing the effects of our other weapons. While Minor has proved an effective releiver, I can't recall in recent years where he played an entire game (if you do please give us the stat line)....so it is difficult to imagine him starting 2 or 3 in a row if Ricky goes down...and us winning those games (depending on the opponent).

I agree ricky williams is the worst running back in the league, and in college. I dont know why he was even drafted, he only broke every college record in the book. Thats pathetic. :goof:

btw Travis Minor rules man, he is a great backup running back. and If ricky went down for a game I would feel more than comfortable with him starting.

If a player of Ricky's caliber goes down then for sure there might be some drop off. But that may be a time for guys like Minor and Henry to step up. I think the original posters panic is about the fact if we lose Ricky and the back-ups don't do the job then we are stuck with the passing game to bail us out. (Eeek) But the Dolphins have taken major steps to improve the passing game. Also with a better O-line ( we hope ) Randy McMicheal should be availiable for more passing plays in the middle which takes LB's out of run defence because they have to cover him. We'll be fine if Ricky gets hurt ( GOD FORBID ), I think this offense might just surprise some people this year.

Finally, someone who understands.

Ricky's a beast, my favorite player in fact. He does alot to stay in great shape and avoid injury. Let's just hope it never happens to our boy.

We could rap this thread up...

later

I believe Minor could handle it. He's not a up the middle runner but I think he could do ok and I do believe he is a better pass catcher then Ricky.

I've always been a supporter of Minor getting more reps. He's a backup that has always shown up well when called compared to our other backups.

I think they were just messing with ya dude!

jroure said:
Yall are some hostile as$ critics! I'm just expressing a concern. You cats think you're geniuses! Half of you don't know crap. You think I don't know that Ricky is like Jesus Christ for our team! That was my point, if he goes down we're finished. I like Minor, but he doesn't do it with all the other question marks we're going into the season with. Imagine a 5 game stretch with him at RB and the offense having to depend on the passing game. Until proven, the pass is not our strong point. We can't even complete critical third and longs when Rick runs for 150! Our prayer is that Boston and Feeley with a new oline change that, but at this point (punks) none of know if they will soooooo this is all just chat and I'm expressing a concern so get off my bizalls. Again, Henry is an Xfactor and you guys know more about Russell than me. I'll be sure to nominate the next most stupid post of the day, as soon as one of yall say something!

Without any camps and such, it is kind of slow. Folks are getting restless, I guess. I understand your concern, but these guys have some good points and I wouldn't worry.

Steve

You can all disagree with me all you want, but the fact of the matter is that Ricky was great two years ago and pretty sh!tty last year. Not to mention with basically the same O-line, so let's not try and sugar coat the situation and say it was because of the line, BULLSH!T. I'm a huge Fin fan, but it's not hard to admit to something when it's right in front of your face. There is one funny coincidence though....the so-called dumb@ss that "nominated" my post for dumbest of the day comes from Michigan....wow, I would have never guessed. Go Buckeyes, Go Fins.

My bad...in my last post I had said that RW had "basically" the same O-line between the '02 and '03 seasons. What I meant to say was that RW had the EXACT same line between the '02 and '03 seasons. You all need a new excuse.

buckeyenic007 said:
My bad...in my last post I had said that RW had "basically" the same O-line between the '02 and '03 seasons. What I meant to say was that RW had the EXACT same line between the '02 and '03 seasons. You all need a new excuse.

Sorry but you are wrong......

No Jamie Nails, who was our best OL in 02 and no Mark Dixon who was our next best.

Try again Sally :cool:

Easy there, Buckey...

buckeyenic007 said:
You can all disagree with me all you want, but the fact of the matter is that Ricky was great two years ago and pretty sh!tty last year. Not to mention with basically the same O-line, so let's not try and sugar coat the situation and say it was because of the line, BULLSH!T. I'm a huge Fin fan, but it's not hard to admit to something when it's right in front of your face. There is one funny coincidence though....the so-called dumb@ss that "nominated" my post for dumbest of the day comes from Michigan....wow, I would have never guessed. Go Buckeyes, Go Fins.

I won't say that Ricky is 100% completely not at fault, but I will say that he was probably the person who was the least at fault. The biggest problems with our offense, IMO, were 1. The O-line. 2. The play calling 3. The QB., and 4. The Wr's, mainly Thompson.

This year, I hope to see a much better offensive unit. The O-line will take some time to gel, but as the season goes on, we should be able to move the ball much better this year. I guess I should add, as long as Dave doesn't stiffle it, that is. :)

Steve

buckeyenic007 said:
****, what we need is for Ricky to actually show up this year. Personally, I thnk that Ricky svcked last year. What'd he average.....like 3.2 ypc??? That blows in comparison to what standards everyone holds RW up to. If he has another dull year in '04, I say trade him, pick up a back like Priest Holmes.
well i have to disagree with you on this one our o-line sucked last year not ricky thats why we only have one starter coming back they all got fired!!!!!

i guess buckeye would rather have maurice clarrett at rb please you have no idea what you are talking about i don't give a **** who you have at rb if you have no o-line you not doing jack ****!!!!!!

Ricky lights one more roach and this thread will be more realistic. Until then you're fine.

Back
Top Bottom