Believe it or not we need a RB!!!! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Believe it or not we need a RB!!!!

buckeyenic007 said:
****, what we need is for Ricky to actually show up this year. Personally, I thnk that Ricky svcked last year. What'd he average.....like 3.2 ypc??? That blows in comparison to what standards everyone holds RW up to. If he has another dull year in '04, I say trade him, pick up a back like Priest Holmes.
Are you nuts??? What do you expect with no deep passing attack to stretch the field & no O-line to help? Jim Brown couldn't have done more with our Ofeense last year. Only Chambers, Rwilliams and sometimes R. Mcmichael showed up to play.

buckeyenic007 said:
My bad...in my last post I had said that RW had "basically" the same O-line between the '02 and '03 seasons. What I meant to say was that RW had the EXACT same line between the '02 and '03 seasons. You all need a new excuse.
So by your rationale they should have kept Wade, Nails, Perry, and Ruddy and got rid of Ricky. Anyone involved in football can tell you that the Dolphins had one of the worst OL last year. There were countless times when Ricky was hit before he got to the line of scrimmage...you can see that in any game. Plus every team playing 8 in the box didn't help.

And the line was not the same. First, Smith was a rookie so he couldn't have been there. Nails was an absolute beast and a Pro Bowler in '02. Obviously slowed last year as a result of the Achilles tear in '02. Ruddy and Perry were starting to show their age. If you watched you could see missed blocks and assignments. Believe it or not, your skills do deteriorate, so they won't perform at the same level forever. Smith did a good job for being thrown into the most important position on the OL and Wade did a pretty good job.

I truely believe that Minor could be starting THIS year in the NFL for some teams. I also believe that this is his last year in Miami and will be starting somewhere else next year. Minor is a great backup.

buckeyenic007 said:
You can all disagree with me all you want, but the fact of the matter is that Ricky was great two years ago and pretty sh!tty last year. Not to mention with basically the same O-line, so let's not try and sugar coat the situation and say it was because of the line, BULLSH!T. I'm a huge Fin fan, but it's not hard to admit to something when it's right in front of your face. There is one funny coincidence though....the so-called dumb@ss that "nominated" my post for dumbest of the day comes from Michigan....wow, I would have never guessed. Go Buckeyes, Go Fins.

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Please keep talking hairless nut fan :roflmao:

Michigan? Hmmm 41 big Ten Championships, Ohio St. 29, Sit down!

This one is a close second. :lol:

Oh yeah attack the post not the poster, I'd hate to see you get banned, you're pretty entertaining.

Once again, the O line is not an excuse. All I am saying is that RW is a good back, but if another crappy year happens, I'd say, "See Ya!"

buckeyenic007 said:
Once again, the O line is not an excuse. All I am saying is that RW is a good back, but if another crappy year happens, I'd say, "See Ya!"

This then is the central reason that you are not the GM. Ricky had a decent year(could have been better,could have been worse) but the OL was HORRID. Nails was a shell of his 2002 self and we had a rookie LT. So not only did they put 8 in the box they pretty much knew runs would be up the middle or to the right side. Ricky is the heart and soul of this team and to say "See Ya" beacuse of poor play by the supporting cast would be a very ridiculous move. I not only blame the OL but I blame the QB's, WR's, TE's, and the coaching staff for not forcing teams to take that eight man out of the box. Buckeye I want you to find a RB that would have done much better than Ricky given the situation since you are ready to give up on him.

can you believe this guy

:roflmao:
buckeyenic007 said:
****, what we need is for Ricky to actually show up this year. Personally, I thnk that Ricky svcked last year. What'd he average.....like 3.2 ypc??? That blows in comparison to what standards everyone holds RW up to. If he has another dull year in '04, I say trade him, pick up a back like Priest Holmes.

buckeyenic007 said:
Having nobody blocking is not an excuse? :roflmao: That's about as illogical a statement as I've ever heard. Well, right after the "See ya" statement. So Ricky should be able to get 1,500 yards no matter whose in front of him? Why do teams with good RB's worry about signing OL then? Why don't they put all their money toward defense, QB's, and WR's?

BTW, how do you figure rushing for 1,354 yards and being 10th in rushing is crappy? I'm fairly new here so tell me......has this guy ever had a clue?:shakeno: It's not up to par with what Ricky is capable of but having 275-325 pound guys hit you at the line of scrimmage will do that.

buckeyenic007 said:

Here is the biggest difference I seen between 02 and 03 with Ricky.

RW in 02 would be very decisive in hitting the hole, almost instinct like, and I beleive this was because the confidence he had in his OL.

RW in 03 was not decisive at all when running up the middle be cause of a lack of confidence in his OL.

With those two things being said, there were times when Ricky had a hole and would "dance" or "stutter" before hitting the hole, but for the most part it was due to the performance of the OL not blocking. Even when he had a hole he would hesitate.
Once he or any other RB loses confidence in his OL he is less effective as a RB and the offense is less effective as a unit.

*IMO* :)

we do not really need another RB. We have Minor as our #2 guy and either Henry or Russell as the #3 guy. Sammy Morris can come in and play HB if he has to. I do not see us carrying more than 3 HBs and 2 FBs other than on the PS.

I do not want to think about Ricky going down....

(30 minutes of denial later)

IF it does happen, I will take the speculative side to the Minor debate. Granted, his averages are GOOD. Even behind last year's line.

BUT, there is a difference between being fresh in the 3rd or 4th against a tired defense who hasn't game planned for your style...

versus

Playing against the same defense ALL game that HAS game planned for you.

I see more of a committee approach if Ricky...... (30 minutes of denial later)

goes down.

And, frankly, committee's scare me. They tax me for things I don't want and make decisions about things I don't care about. OOOPS.. wrong thread.

Serially, committee's are a scary realization. They RARELY work for prolonged periods. The main reason, neither the OLine or the RB (whichever) can get into a rhythm. Each change of RB changes the rhythm, style and strengths of the position. Accordingly, the OLine has to change based on the new players instincts and ability.

Instead of getting into a rhythm, the ground game usually gets placed in a no win situation with the wrong personnel and package in on the wrong down. Because each different RB dictates a different package. And the defenses know it and scheme accordingly. You're almost tipping your hand to the defense.

Minor has been a good change-up back. His presence USUALLY means PASS. Which is why he can burn them for 10 or 15 on a delayed handoff.

However, put him in for a whole game and I think we'll see the truth come out. We do need ASSURANCE that we have capable backups in Henry and Russell. We already know what we have with Minor.

And, the said fact about the entire situation is Wanny's game calling. If such a tragedy would occur, Wanny would NOT take as many risks in the passing game. Because he BELIEVES in the run. So, if no RICKY = no RUN, then he will have no way, in his mind, to get back in the game IF we get behind (turnovers in the passing game).

I think our BIGGER problem IF Ricky goes down (starting to get less panicked! - medication starting to work) is WANNY will NOT rely on the passing game. JMO.

Back
Top Bottom