Best RB in the AFCE | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best RB in the AFCE

False. If you want to conclude that Thomas Jones, at this point in their careers, has put up better numbers than Ronnie Brown that is fact. This whole idea of whom the better RB for me is tough. If you're going on statistics its Jones like you say.

As far as the bolded statement, that just isn't true. That statement isn't true if Ricky Williams is on this roster. If you use the same data you used to come up with your conclusion that Jones is better than Ronnie based on stats, then you have to say that Ronnie and Ricky are the best tandem. Based on talent and statistics I believe those two are the best tandem. Ricky might even be the best RB in the AFCE period.

Outside of 2002- which is a LONG time ago- what has Ricky Williams done in this league? and letr's not forget he has barely playd the past few years. leon & Jone sare BY FAR the best tandem w/ or w/o Ricky.

How could you say that when the season hasn't even started?

Based on what they did last year and where they are at in their careers. obviously things could change, heck Anthony Thomas could turn out to be the best RB in the division- you never know but based on what we know right now I don't think there's any question they are the best tandem.

Laurence Maroney is not the best or 2nd best RB in the divison. What has he done that makes him so special? He had a 4.3 average as a backup, were normaly a back up has a high average. The Jets were actually able to stuff Maroney alot, it was Dillion that gave them a harder time. Leon Washington IMO had a better rookie season then Maroney, he actually was a #1 back alot of the times and had the same average at 4.3 with a less experienced offensive line. The most talented RB in the divison is Ronnie Brown, the guy was a 2nd overall pick! He could end up being the best RB in the divison, but for right now I would say Thomas Jones is the best RB in the divison, he had over 1,200 yards last year with spliting carries, Bears fans would tell you he could of ran for over 1,500 yards if he was giving the rock more.
So my list is this.
1-Thomas Jones
2-Ronnie Brown
3-Laurence Maroney
4-who ever the Bills have, bearing they could get a reallly good RB.
It could change but thats how it is right now. Also I just putted starters, because I believe Leon Washington showed way more talent as a playmaker then Maroney.

Based on what they did last year and where they are at in their careers. obviously things could change, heck Anthony Thomas could turn out to be the best RB in the division- you never know but based on what we know right now I don't think there's any question they are the best tandem.

OK I see, its just too early to judge them right now IMO.

Brown is not fully proven yet, his best year was 1,008 yds and 5 TDs. Last year Jones had 1210 yds and 6 Tds PLUS he had 301 yds on 5.5 YPC in 3 playoff games w/ 4 TDs. RIGHT NOW Jones is the best the division has to offer, Mauroney and Brown have potential to be better but for the moment Jones is the best.

Sorry to burst your bubble but Jones is a career 3.9 YPC runner. Brown had 80 fewer yards from scrimmage and 1 less TD in three fewer games. If Brown doesn't break his hand, he would have had more yards and TDs.

Enough of the not fully proven crap.

Sorry to burst your bubble but Jones is a career 3.9 YPC runner. Brown had 80 fewer yards from scrimmage and 1 less TD in three fewer games. If Brown doesn't break his hand, he would have had more yards and TDs.

Enough of the not fully proven crap.

What does what he did in Arizona have to do w/ anything? he has been a 4.2 YPC the last 2 years and he carried Chi's O on his back to a SB. In postseason last year he averaged 5.5 YPC and had 4 TDs.

DaBills4life said:
1)Marshawn Lynch
Everyone else

Another Marshawn fan!!!
:bighug:

Wow, when I heard the Bills were talking to Derrick Dockery, I was hopeful ... when they signed Dockery and Walker, I was ecstatic. If they actually drafted Marshawn ... oh, my, this old woman would be dancin' down the street like she was thirty years younger!!!

:bravo:

If you put them all in a draft pool and give nyjunc the 1st pick...I bet he takes Ronnie Brown.

But yeah...I guess for now..Thomas Jones is the best. That will last till the season starts.

As for tandem...Ricky and Ronnie is the clear cut best tandem.

I do like what the Jets have done though. They are much improved. Although Thomas Jones will make little to no impact against the fins. it will lend itself to less creativity on offense and that's good for us.

If you put them all in a draft pool and give nyjunc the 1st pick...I bet he takes Ronnie Brown.

But yeah...I guess for now..Thomas Jones is the best. That will last till the season starts.

I do like what the Jets have done though. They are much improved. Although Thomas Jones will make little to no impact against the fins. it will lend itself to less creativity on offense and that's good for us.
Yea right, Jones will mean more creativity on offense for us, because now we have a featured back and we can line up our playmaker in Washington around now. It gives us a actual running game, that threat alone will start bringing more guys to the box, then let the 1 on 1 coverages, and we know that no Dolphin CB can cover our 2 WRs 1 on 1.

Maybe I'd take brown, maybe mauroney but that is w/ an eye on a few years down the road. for the near future I take Jones and how can an unreliable Ricky Williams and Ronnie brown who hasn't proved he can be a big time feature back be #1 when Jones is a proven feature back and Washington was great as a part timer? leon as a rookie put up almost identical #s as Ricky in '05 and now leon will be in year 2 and Ricky is yet again coming off an inactive year in the NFL.

What does what he did in Arizona have to do w/ anything? he has been a 4.2 YPC the last 2 years and he carried Chi's O on his back to a SB. In postseason last year he averaged 5.5 YPC and had 4 TDs.

WTF? His years in Ariz are just as relevant as his years in Chicago. He has been an average RB his whole career. His YPC the last two years is LOWER than Brown.

Carried Chicago's O on his back to the SB? He split carries with Benson. Cedric Benson was taking the starting spot away when he got hurt. 21 carries for 66 yards, 2 receptions for 6 yards. That was his production against Sea. He had fewer carries than Benson against the Saints.

The only reason he was available to the Jets is because he is not that good. This is his 4th team in eight seasons.

WTF? His years in Ariz are just as relevant as his years in Chicago. He has been an average RB his whole career. His YPC the last two years is LOWER than Brown.

Carried Chicago's O on his back to the SB? He split carries with Benson. Cedric Benson was taking the starting spot away when he got hurt. 21 carries for 66 yards, 2 receptions for 6 yards. That was his production against Sea. He had fewer carries than Benson against the Saints.

The only reason he was available to the Jets is because he is not that good. This is his 4th team in eight seasons.

Arizona was 5 years ago and he had injury problems. brown has a .1 better YPC and hasn't proven he can carry the load for an entire season- did you notice his YPC went down .2 last year?

he split carries w/ benson? yep and he averaged 5.5 YPC in postseason w/ 4 Tds while benson 2.7 w/ 1 TD- still don't think he carried that O into the SB?

To say Jones is not good is just a homer phins comment, try to be objective. Jones was an excellent back the last couple of years and is coming into his own. Now he has a QB to take some pressure off him so he should be even better.

brown has a .1 better YPC

Better is better. That was with an OL that wasn't as good as the one blocking for Jones.

and hasn't proven he can carry the load for an entire season

BS. He proved it last season. You like to knock Brown because he "hasn't carried the load". Take a look at Jones' carries the last three years. Every year, there was another back or two sharing the load. In 2004 it was Anthony Thomas (122 carries). In 2005 it was Benson and and Peterson (143 carries combined), In 2006 it was Benson (157 carries). You were quick to knock Brown in 2005 when Williams had 168 carries. Where is the concern over Jones being able to "carry the load".

did you notice his YPC went down .2 last year?

Do you read the crap you write? DID YOU NOTICE THAT JONES' YPC DROPPED BY .2 YPC LAST YEAR? You're hillarious.

he split carries w/ benson? yep and he averaged 5.5 YPC in postseason w/ 4 Tds while benson 2.7 w/ 1 TD- still don't think he carried that O into the SB?

No. I prefer to look at his whole body of work. And that shows me a back that averages 3.9 YPC.

To say Jones is not good is just a homer phins comment, try to be objective. Jones was an excellent back the last couple of years and is coming into his own. Now he has a QB to take some pressure off him so he should be even better.

Jones is a decent back. He is not the same caliber as Brown.

Back
Top Bottom