Best RB in the AFCE | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best RB in the AFCE

Well.taking te fact that willis/dillon are gone..
Id have to say ronnie n ricky (even thogh i was really impressed by maroney)

Jones has been the better back and it's really not close, you want to say Brown has more upside? I can buy that but Jones has been better and is considered the better RB heading into '07.
I beto you a thousand fin bucks that Ronnie will have more yards (over the two games) than jones..)) In the NY VS MIA i mean...:goof:

I beto you a thousand fin bucks that Ronnie will have more yards (over the two games) than jones..)) In the NY VS MIA i mean...:goof:

Who cares? If ronnie runs for more yards against us than Jones against Chi what does that mean? It's about winning and the presence of Jones helps our running game and passing game. We swept you last year w/o a running game, we should be better w/ a running game.

Really not close? Get over yourself.

Explain these facts:

Despite starting four more games, Jones had only 80 more yards.

Despite getting 55 more carries, Jones had fewer 20+ yard runs.

Despite playing behind a better OL, Jones had a lower YPC average.

Despite sharing the load with another RB, Jones wears down in games.

What Jones did in the playoffs last year blows away anything brown has done in his career.

Jones wears down? then how come he does better the MORE carries he gets whhile Ronnie does worse the mroe carries he gets? Ronnie shared the load in 2005 and barely got over 1000 in 2006. Jones also has 15 TDs the last 2 years and ronnie has 9. ronnie had 4 as a rookie, Jones had 4 in 3 playoff games this year. Roniie got over 100 yds playing in 2 meaningless games the last 2 weeks, jones was doing it in meaningful games. When Miami started winning in '05 Brown's production went down, he doesn't seem to like games that matter. In '06 he stunk early in the season then when you were basically done he got it going then got hurt and had good games in garbage time the l;ast couple of weeks.

I think brown will probably be the better player but Jones IS the better player and has been by far the last 2 years.

What Jones did in the playoffs last year blows away anything brown has done in his career.

Jones wears down? then how come he does better the MORE carries he gets whhile Ronnie does worse the mroe carries he gets? Ronnie shared the load in 2005 and barely got over 1000 in 2006. Jones also has 15 TDs the last 2 years and ronnie has 9. ronnie had 4 as a rookie, Jones had 4 in 3 playoff games this year. Roniie got over 100 yds playing in 2 meaningless games the last 2 weeks, jones was doing it in meaningful games. When Miami started winning in '05 Brown's production went down, he doesn't seem to like games that matter. In '06 he stunk early in the season then when you were basically done he got it going then got hurt and had good games in garbage time the l;ast couple of weeks.

I think brown will probably be the better player but Jones IS the better player and has been by far the last 2 years.

Way to not address the facts.....

I'll post these facts again:

As their carries go up in a game, Jones' production steadily drops, Brown's goes way up and then drops off a bit, but stays very high. Brown wears the other team down. Jones gets worn down.

Jones:
ATTEMPTS 1-THROUGH-10 0 159 661 4.2 26 1 31
ATTEMPTS 11-THROUGH-20 0 111 451 4.1 30 4 23
ATTEMPTS 21-THROUGH-30 0 26 98 3.8 17 1 7

Brown:
ATTEMPTS 1-THROUGH-10 0 130 471 3.6 18 3 27
ATTEMPTS 11-THROUGH-20 0 88 434 4.9 47 1 16
ATTEMPTS 21-THROUGH-30 0 23 103 4.5 27 1 6

If you need help understanding these numbers, let me know.

Your brilliant analysis boils down to:

1. Jones had more TDs in his 7th season (while playing on a better team) than Brown had in his rookie season.

2. You choose to ignore Jones' mediocre career numbers because of a couple of decent games against poor defenses (all three teams he faced were in the bottom third of the league in rushing defense).

3. Your analysis works great as long as you get to pick the games that matter.

The facts that I posted remain and refute your ridiculous claims.

We swept you last year w/o a running game, we should be better w/ a running game.

:sidelol: Swept us? That's wut it's called in New York? B eating a team by three points is sweeping them?
Lol..So what do you call waht jax did to you guys, if you consider 3 point win a sweep?

Who cares?
You pretend not to care because..well..becuase you know it will be true...

Way to not address the facts.....

I'll post these facts again:

As their carries go up in a game, Jones' production steadily drops, Brown's goes way up and then drops off a bit, but stays very high. Brown wears the other team down. Jones gets worn down.

Jones:
ATTEMPTS 1-THROUGH-10 0 159 661 4.2 26 1 31
ATTEMPTS 11-THROUGH-20 0 111 451 4.1 30 4 23
ATTEMPTS 21-THROUGH-30 0 26 98 3.8 17 1 7

Brown:
ATTEMPTS 1-THROUGH-10 0 130 471 3.6 18 3 27
ATTEMPTS 11-THROUGH-20 0 88 434 4.9 47 1 16
ATTEMPTS 21-THROUGH-30 0 23 103 4.5 27 1 6

If you need help understanding these numbers, let me know.

Your brilliant analysis boils down to:

1. Jones had more TDs in his 7th season (while playing on a better team) than Brown had in his rookie season.

2. You choose to ignore Jones' mediocre career numbers because of a couple of decent games against poor defenses (all three teams he faced were in the bottom third of the league in rushing defense).

3. Your analysis works great as long as you get to pick the games that matter.

The facts that I posted remain and refute your ridiculous claims.

I was talking as a whole, Jones' YPC went dow in 2006 and he had lss carries, Bron's YPC went down in 2006 and he had more carries.

using late game situations isn't the way to go though considering Jones' team was usually winning fairly big and trying to run out the clock while brown's team wasn't. He didn't have thoe giveawa runs late in games b/c his team was rarely ahead but good job again to try to skew.

So now Jones only performed against bottom teams? OK but you ignore the fact that when your games meant something Ronnie was nowhere to be found then when the season was basically over he "turned it on".

The bottom line is Jones has been the better bac the lst 2 years, it's not close. Jones has carried an O to the SB, he has done it in big games while ronnie has never played in a big game though if he did better early in seasons maybe they would play big games late in seasons instead of waiting to produce until it's too late.

I was talking as a whole, Jones' YPC went dow in 2006 and he had lss carries, Bron's YPC went down in 2006 and he had more carries.

Well that shows your reading comprehension problem. The point I made was that he wears down "in games". The stats back me up.

using late game situations isn't the way to go though considering Jones' team was usually winning fairly big and trying to run out the clock while brown's team wasn't. He didn't have thoe giveawa runs late in games b/c his team was rarely ahead but good job again to try to skew.

This is just an excuse for Jones wearing down.

So now Jones only performed against bottom teams?

Is my statement accurate? Weren't Seattle, NO, and Indy poor run defenses?

OK but you ignore the fact that when your games meant something Ronnie was nowhere to be found then when the season was basically over he "turned it on".

That's your opinion. In my opinion, ALL THE GAMES mean something. Where's the credit to Ronnie for runnning hard in games that don't mean anything (in your opinion). Are you saying that Jones only tries hard some of the time? Ask Chicago how good a back Brown is. The Dolphins were not eliminated from the playoffs at that point. The Bears were the best defense. It was in Chicago. Chicago was undefeated. For the Fins, it was the most important game of the year. Brown was totally dominant. Jones was a non-factor. This completely blows your argument out of the water. You'll have to make up something else.

Let's look at a few of the early season games:

week 1 - 62 total yards. 2 TDs

week 2 vs Buffalo - Brown was totally dominant in the first half. Mularkey didn't give him the ball in the 2nd half. He still finished with 70 yards on just 15 carries and 52 yards receiving.

week 3 - 100 total yards

week 4 - 49 rushing on only 12 carries and 62 receiving. Once again, Mularkey decides to not give hime the ball more.

(At this point he was the team's leading receiver two out of four weeks. No where to be found? WTF?)

week 5 - 39 yard rushing, but he scores a TD

week 6 - 127 yards rushing. 1 TD

week 7 - 59 yards rushing and 63 receiving.

week 8 - 190 yards from scrimmage against the Bears.

First half of the season total - 873 yards from scrimmage and 4 TDs.

Jones' total for the first 8 games - 704 yards from scrimmage and 3 TDs.

BTW, Brown played 5 road games, Jones' played 5 home games.

Just so you understand, Brown's totals are better. Do you have any more brilliant points to make?

The bottom line is Jones has been the better bac the lst 2 years, it's not close. Jones has carried an O to the SB, he has done it in big games while ronnie has never played in a big game though if he did better early in seasons maybe they would play big games late in seasons instead of waiting to produce until it's too late.

The fact that you claim "it's not close" merely proves your bias and totally destroys your credibility. Nothing else you say has any merit because you have demonstrated that you will make things up to attempt to prove your point.

You want to try again?

Explain these facts:

I'm sure you'll either ignore the facts more make up some more BS to rationalize them away.

Jones and Benson made a perfect 2 headed monster. Willis Was probably the most naturally gifted one. Ronnie has potential, but the numbers dont back that up.

Willis was pretty good but now that he's gone I think there's not much question that Brown is the best back in the East. I think under Cameron this season we're all going to see that. He knows how to get the most out of a back with talent. Thomas Jones is good but he's just not as good as Brown. Ronnie can't make the coaching staff call more running plays. The only strike against Ronnie is that he needs to make it through the season without getting hurt.

If any back in the East turns out better than Ronnie it will be Maroney IMO.

Brown and Ricky are hard to top. Maroney looks like he'll be very good also. The jets seem to be able to run it not too bad or too good but they dont even have a main guy so its hard to tell. As for the bills, willis is gone and who do they have?? The A-Train? Ill be honest, hes Ok, not much more.

Well that shows your reading comprehension problem. The point I made was that he wears down "in games". The stats back me up.

it shows YOUR reading comprehension problem b/c I brought up wearing down first.

This is just an excuse for Jones wearing down.

No it's not, they are facts.

Is my statement accurate? Weren't Seattle, NO, and Indy poor run defenses?

going by reg season #s but wouldn't you agree Indy was a little better in postseason?

Indy against larry Johnson and KC: 13 rushes, 32 yds(2.5 YPC)
Indy against Jamal lewis and Baltimore: 13 rushes, 53 yds(4.1 YPC)
Indy against mauroney/Dillon and NE: 15 rushes, 61 yds(4.1 YPC), 1 TD

in 3 postseason games: 41 rushes, 146 yds, 3.6 YPC, 1 TD

Thomas Jones against Indy: 15 rushes, 112 yds, 7.5 YPC

brown against Indy w/ bob sanders and when they were playing poorly had 21 for 115.

That's your opinion. In my opinion, ALL THE GAMES mean something. Where's the credit to Ronnie for runnning hard in games that don't mean anything (in your opinion). Are you saying that Jones only tries hard some of the time?

No, Brown has proven he can't handle pressure. When the games are meaningful he doesn't show up, when you are done he has good games.

week 1 - 62 total yards. 2 TDs

week 2 vs Buffalo - Brown was totally dominant in the first half. Mularkey didn't give him the ball in the 2nd half. He still finished with 70 yards on just 15 carries and 52 yards receiving.

week 3 - 100 total yards

week 4 - 49 rushing on only 12 carries and 62 receiving. Once again, Mularkey decides to not give hime the ball more.

week 1: had 30 yds rushing on 2.0 YPC.

week 2: had 70 rushig yds

week 3: 90 yds on 3.5 YPC

week 4: 49 yds

through 4 games averaged under 60 yds a game on 3.5 YPC, dolphins 1-3.

week 5 - 39 yard rushing, but he scores a TD

week 6 - 127 yards rushing. 1 TD

week 7 - 59 yards rushing and 63 receiving.

week 5: 39 yds on 2.3 YPC

Week 6: 127 yds(his only good game in the 1-6 start against our awful run D)

week 7: 59 yds on 3.9 YPC

After 7 weeks he had 464 yds on 3.8 YPC and Miami was 1-6 and finished. Then he got it going but it was too late.

BTW, Brown played 5 road games, Jones' played 5 home games.

Just so you understand, Brown's totals are better. Do you have any more brilliant points to make?

So using his 1st half totals somehow shows Brown was better? brown was awful the meaningful first 7 games, he got it going after you were done just like in 2005.

The fact that you claim "it's not close" merely proves your bias and totally destroys your credibility. Nothing else you say has any merit because you have demonstrated that you will make things up to attempt to prove your point.

You want to try again?

Explain these facts:

I'm sure you'll either ignore the facts more make up some more BS to rationalize them away.

Jones CARRIED a bad offense to a SB, brown has a .1 lead in YPC, Jones has a 6 TD lead. it's not close. brown did most of his damage n meaningless games, jones did it playing for postseason and in postseason. his game was raised in big games, Ronnie's shrunk. The last 2 years they are not close.

This sounds like the dolphin fans telling me how great daunte was heading into last year or how Saban was the best coach in football or how Chambers was a top WR or how McMichael was as good as gates.

Jones doesn't wear down in games, your YPC will always go down when you are protecting leads, defenses know you are running. You wouldn't know that since it's been so long since you've had a team good enough to run out the clock late.

Brown and Ricky are hard to top. Maroney looks like he'll be very good also. The jets seem to be able to run it not too bad or too good but they dont even have a main guy so its hard to tell. As for the bills, willis is gone and who do they have?? The A-Train? Ill be honest, hes Ok, not much more.

Ricky has played 1 season in the last 3 years and in his career has been great ONE season, Ronnie's carrer high is BARELY over 1,000 yds. How are Ricky and Ronnie automatically on top? Ricky may not even be reinstated.

Back
Top Bottom