Better NFL Career..RT or Johnny Football? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Better NFL Career..RT or Johnny Football?

Better NFL Career RT or Johnny Football?

• RT

Votes: 94 71.2%
  • Johnny Football

Votes: 24 18.2%
  • Both will be great

Votes: 7 5.3%
  • Both will suck

Votes: 7 5.3%

• Total voters
If RT and Johnny were both at A & M at the same time One of them would have been on the bench....and it might not have been the guy with the heisman in his trophy case.

ditto Tom sitting, if he and Manzell were both at A&M at the same time, but college is not the pros. Just ask Tim Tebow :idk:

It depends on who drafts Johnny. If he ends up in Houston I would say Johnny will probably be better. If Johnny ends up in Jacksonville I would lean towards Tanny. Cleveland ? Then I would say toss up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

he's not even faster than tannehill...4.68

But he's quicker and that's what really matters. Not that I'm endorsing him in anyway. Tannehill may have more straight line speed but he's not quick or even remotely elusive.

But he's quicker and that's what really matters. Not that I'm endorsing him in anyway. Tannehill may have more straight line speed but he's not quick or even remotely elusive.

definitely quicker...but also built like a figure skater for contact

How is this even a question when Manziel has yet to even take an NFL snap?

that analysis was based on college performance.....they both have played college
right because college performance is a great predictor of future nfl performance? At this point there is no way to say Johnny is going to be a better or worse player than RT.

How is this even a question when Manziel has yet to even take an NFL snap?

My thoughts exactly. If anything it shows the bias people have. I get told to grow some balls when my point is it's impossible to compare RT and Manziel right now. Oh well.

right because college performance is a great predictor of future nfl performance? At this point there is no way to say Johnny is going to be a better or worse player than RT.
Yeah, but in fairness, that's a bit of a copout. I mean, isn't this exactly what all the NFL coaches, scouts and analysts are doing this week - trying to predict who is going to be a good player vs. who isn't? That's what most of this board is about too. (Or should be.)

I think both will be above average. manziel is a wild card though, higher risk/reward w him.
But, he did take a team RT couldn't win with and win 10 games. The offense got WAY WAY better without Tannehill and with manziell

I never said that...I just said Johnny seems to be more ballsy than RT, and that of course, I based on their respective college careers....and personalities.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also factor in what team Johnny lands on. Let's say the texans are ballsy and draft him(highly doubt it), with the talent they have on offense not to mention their stout D front, Johnny would come out looking like a stud. Now let's say he ends up on a team like the Jags, looking like they will lack rb, #1 wr, don't recall how good their d was to make up for offense mistakes but either way, there will be a learning curve probably on the Jags, much like RT in year one with Miami

Back
Top Bottom