Big Ben "pulled A Fiedler" | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Big Ben "pulled A Fiedler"

jesusfreak26 said:
This is a guy who came out in the draft as a Junior and helped lead his team to the AFC Championship game and "He's not that good?" If you say so this guy is going to be good for a long time. He had a couple of bad games. Give him a break. He did have an injury to his hand, and it hindered him today. I am not saying thats why he played so bad but it did contribute to it. Pittsburgh D gave up some points they are not known for giving up I guess they aren't that good either are they?
He is better than Fielder - excuse the hyperole. But ... his defense, his oline and his backfield got him here today. As a QB on the national stage today, I saw a weak(or at least apprehensive ) and inacuurate arm at times(or was it bad decsionmaking). Frankly I did not see any thing that imaginitive fron the Pats D other than overloading a particular scheme. (9 up front , etc.) STuff a good rookie shoudl handle. Most agreed AJ was pratically a rook and he handled it.

FireWrongstedt said:
Reminded me a little of a guy named Feeley as well...
I saw the game at a sportsbar and when Ben threw it I was having bad flashbacks and feelings of deja vous all over again....Fiedler and Feeley
BOTH!!

PhiNomina said:
Favre had a bad playoff game and so did Manning, but you don't say that about them, and Ben's team was FARTHER in the playoffs and he is a rookie. Say what you will about the surrounding team but GB and IND both have GREAT weapons on offense so its very similar.
I think Manning had more than one bad PO game. Sorry, now that I see BR on the big stage, I am just not that impressed. He is a let down tonight. He got owned. But he got owned mentally. That's hard to cure.

Roman529 said:
I saw the game at a sportsbar and when Ben threw it I was having bad flashbacks and feelings of deja vous all over again....Fiedler and Feeley
BOTH!!

...and Sage :D

Feeley...Fiedler...same thing. Enough with Miami's "Turning 3rd string Qbs into starters program".

Did anyone think that Pittsburgh's offense looked a lot like ours when Wanny was still around?Today, it seemed like it was always run,run,pass,punt.

cow&dog said:
But he got owned mentally. That's hard to cure.
Isn't that what all young quarterbacks have to adjust too, the mental part of the game. Coming out of college most have the arm, size, and physical tool. They spend their time learning how to read defense, make the right reads, things like that. It's all about the mental game in the pros. Manning didn't have it all down as a rookie, and his team didn't do nearly as well then. McNair wasn't the greatest passer, George led his team until he got the mental part of the game down. THEN they became great. The mental part of the game might be hard to get down, but its something all quarterbacks have to go through, not something that Ben can't figure out.

byroan said:
Did anyone think that Pittsburgh's offense looked a lot like ours when Wanny was still around?Today, it seemed like it was always run,run,pass,punt.
Thats what their offense is, they only throw 20 or so times a game. Except when they run it usually gets 10 yards in 3 tries, unlike when we did.

byroan said:
:fire: Yes.

byroan said:
What surprised me was at the end of the 3rd, and beginning of the 4th, the Steelers were driving the ball. They got down inside in the 5 yard line and had a first & goal with the score New England 31, Steelers 17....a TD and the Steelers would have been right back in it trailing by only 7 with the whole 4th quarter to go...so Cowher turned into Wanny and ran a vanilla handoff up the middle with Bettis for no gain, then a jump ball pass to Plaxico which he dropped....then they messed it up on 3rd and had to settle for a FG from around the 2 or 4 yard line. That made it 31-20....GAME OVER! That is something Wanny would do!!!!:lol:

saves said:
Manning didn't have it all down as a rookie, and his team didn't do nearly as well then. McNair wasn't the greatest passer, George led his team until he got the mental part of the game down.QUOTE] I don't see always see a correlation between QB experience/talent and the team (re Manning) sucess or lack thereof. Dilfer won a SB remember.

I don't know if Ben can figure it out. I didn't see a lot of hope this evening that he can. He lacked the intangibles. My opinion is that he is not a QB that can carry a team. He is carried along. It may change with time. The furture will tell. He could win with the Ravens in 2001 .. sure.

McNair = yes, I dont think he is that great a QB really. He needs to prove he can not make mistakes when they count. Beating the Pats goes a long way to doing that.

"George" - are you talkng about Jeff George or George Blanda.:rolleyes:

dogandcow said:
I don't know if Ben can figure it out. I didn't see a lot of hope this evening that he can. He lacked the intangibles. My opinion is that he is not a QB that can carry a team. He is carried along. It may change with time. The furture will tell. He could win with the Ravens in 2001 .. sure.

McNair = yes, I dont think he is that great a QB really. He needs to prove he can not make mistakes when they count. Beating the Pats goes a long way to doing that.

"George" - are you talkng about Jeff George or George Blanda.:rolleyes:
You don't see hope after watching one of his games this year? Lacks the intangibles? His teammates respect him, he has a passion for the game, he is accountable for his mistakes, what else do you want?

If being the leauge MVP dosn't make you a great QB, then im not sure what will. AJ beat the Pat's, does that make him a better quarterback than Ben.

And by George I mean Eddie George, who carried the Titans while McNair was a youngster learning how to be a real passer.

cow&dog said:
He is better than Fielder - excuse the hyperole. But ... his defense, his oline and his backfield got him here today. As a QB on the national stage today, I saw a weak(or at least apprehensive ) and inacuurate arm at times(or was it bad decsionmaking). Frankly I did not see any thing that imaginitive fron the Pats D other than overloading a particular scheme. (9 up front , etc.) STuff a good rookie shoudl handle. Most agreed AJ was pratically a rook and he handled it.

AJ is not practically a rook, he has still seen NFL action for 4 years and Ben came out as a junior so he is even younger, not to mention the fact that Ben's stats and rating are amazing compared to Feeley's. Feeley didn't show ANYTHING compared to Ben. I think AJ may be decent yet but to say he showed more than Roth is just uneducated.

Fielder and Feeley couldn't carry Ben's jock strap in this league. As underwhelming as he was today Roethlisberger is going to be a star in this league for many years to come. Just imagine what this kid will do next season after going into camp as the starter.

Good point finzmaniac. Ben had even LESS time learning the system because he was a BACKUP throughout training camp. Not to mention this is his first NFL system, he hasnt had a few years to learn the speed and difficulty of the pro playbook.

Back
Top Bottom