Big Ben "pulled A Fiedler" | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Big Ben "pulled A Fiedler"

no big ben pulled "im a rookie at starting qb in a conference championshipagainst the newengland patriots defence :shakeno: "

That play is definitely called a "Fiedler." Give the guy at least that. He's trademarked the short pass interecepted for TD maneuver. No one does it like him. Ben's just a pretender.

Of course, even Marino in his last few seasons started to catch this disease. I think Fiedler took it from him and perfected it.

OF course the rookie got owned... I blame the coach.

He should have started Maddox. Put a rookie in against New Englands defense... moron.

Roman529 said:
What surprised me was at the end of the 3rd, and beginning of the 4th, the Steelers were driving the ball. They got down inside in the 5 yard line and had a first & goal with the score New England 31, Steelers 17....a TD and the Steelers would have been right back in it trailing by only 7 with the whole 4th quarter to go...so Cowher turned into Wanny and ran a vanilla handoff up the middle with Bettis for no gain, then a jump ball pass to Plaxico which he dropped....then they messed it up on 3rd and had to settle for a FG from around the 2 or 4 yard line. That made it 31-20....GAME OVER! That is something Wanny would do!!!!:lol:
I still can't believe they kicked a field goal then. Hines should have just tried his best to stay in bounds before he dove for the endzone.

I guess we're all pulling for the Eagles now.

cow&dog said:
I think Manning had more than one bad PO game. Sorry, now that I see BR on the big stage, I am just not that impressed. He is a let down tonight. He got owned. But he got owned mentally. That's hard to cure.
What on earth are you talking about???
Hard to cure? Tell you what.....make a list of your top ten current QBs in the league...now, out of those that could actually manage to start more than a game or two when they were rookies, how many had great seasons? I cant think of any. The mental part of the game, including adjusting the decision making to the speed of the NFL, is the one thing that usually CAN be cured.

cow&dog said:
Excuse me, he played a large part in losing this game for Pitt. No excuses. The outtcome was obvious after lastweek's sub par performance. He's not that good.

He could never amount to the hype that was thrown in his direction this season, but he WILL be an outstanding QB.

Roman529 said:
How many of you were thinking about Jay Fiedler when Big Ben threw that slant pattern that got intercepted and run back for 6??????:eek:
while the reference is humorous, its not the best example.

Feeley threw twice the INTs run back for 6 that Fiedler did.

So while it was chic to bash Fiedler last year, this year accuracy is the "in" thing.

So, i thought of Feeley when i saw Ben do that. Hey, it happens. the guy is a rookie and took his team to the AFC title game. I'd still take him in a heartbeat. If this is how he plays in his FIRST year, i can only imagine how good he's going to be.

Bottle Nose said:
OF course the rookie got owned... I blame the coach.

He should have started Maddox. Put a rookie in against New Englands defense... moron.
Roethlisberger led them to 15-1. Roethlisberger also beat New England earlier in the year. how is that moronic?

why on earth would you start Maddox?? (who played sub-par and Roethlisberger permanently subplanted)

texasPHINSfan said:
Feeley threw twice the INTs run back for 6 that Fiedler did.

So while it was chic to bash Fiedler last year, this year accuracy is the "in" thing.
Feeley may be a quick study, but Fiedler is still the master. He owns that play.

Desslar said:
Feeley may be a quick study, but Fiedler is still the master. He owns that play.
Feeley threw more INTs this year than Fiedler did any year in Fiedler's career (save one, 2001, when he threw for 3200 yards).

Lets remove homer glasses, and realize truths. While Fiedler's arm may not be as strong as Feeley's, and while Feeley has youth on his side, Fiedler (up till now), has been more accurate and reliable.

That said, i do expect Feeley to continue to develop and hopefully blossom next year, surpassing Fiedler's best season here.

texasPHINSfan said:
That said, i do expect Feeley to continue to develop and hopefully blossom next year, surpassing Fiedler's best season here.
Wait a minute, what about Sage? I thought he looked pretty good at the end of the season.

Roman529 said:
How many of you were thinking about Jay Fiedler when Big Ben threw that slant pattern that got intercepted and run back for 6??????:eek:
There's a difference B.B. is a ROOKIE and FIEDLER is a 9yr vet who plays like a ROOKIE!!!

cow&dog said:
Excuse me, he played a large part in losing this game for Pitt. No excuses. The outtcome was obvious after lastweek's sub par performance. He's not that good.
Your posting rights should be revoked.

For all of those pilling on Big Ben, just answer this....

Name one rookie QB ever to win a conference championship game?

Roman529 said:

My first thought was of AJ Feeley, actually.

"Pulling a Fiedler" would have meant soft-tossing an out route and giving the DB just enough time to cut in front of the ball. For the record, Nate Clements would be a Hall of Famer if he could have played every game against Fiedler; no DB is better at sniffing out Fiedler's weak out pass.

Rather, Big Ben locked eyes with his receiver like he was trying to win a staring contest, hesitated, gave the DB time to read his eyes and cut in front, and then threw it right to him. That's an AJ Feeley trademark.

Back
Top Bottom