Big Ben "pulled A Fiedler" | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Big Ben "pulled A Fiedler"

And for the record, Roethlisberger is going to be an excellent QB. He had a crummy playoff season; it happens. Would Pittsburgh have won with Tommy Maddox under center? Probably not. Terry Bradshaw in his prime? Yeah, probably, but then Roethlisberger's not to that level yet, and Maddox sure as hell won't be. In the long run, he'll be better for the experience. Lay off.

BTW, SuHoops, nice name. Let's go Orange!

That game went down pretty much the way I thought it would. The Patriots dared the Steelers to throw the ball just as they have done defensively with the Dolphins in the past couple of years.

Christ almighty!!!! The Steelers ran the ball 618 times during the regular season. Contrast that with a league low 358 pass attempts. It was a simple game plan.

1st and 2nd down = 8 and 9 in the box

3rd down (obvious passing down) = flood the zones

The rookie was doomed before the coin toss.

Roman529 said:
How many of you were thinking about Jay Fiedler when Big Ben threw that slant pattern that got intercepted and run back for 6??????:eek:
It reminded me of Feeley first!

actually he pulled a marino...a highly touted rookie all season that played like a rookie in the clutch

NJFINSFAN1 said:
It reminded me of Feeley first!

Ahhh but Fiedler is the originator of the pick 6 in Miami. He's the granddaddy of it all :D (technically it started with Marino's last season...but let's just forget about that lol)

Big Ben was a rookie this year and his last 7 games (incl Playoffs) show that 7 Tds 14 Ints!

Guys the whole season he did not have to make plays, the team was plenty good to make all the plays. Then teams started stacking the line and playing zones (just like NE did) and he made mistakes. Granted he will learn and probably be fine next year, but just another example on how hard it is to win as a QB in your first year starting.

For all you people that say he was hurt... if that was the case and he started playing bad (in any of the last few games) Cowher would have put in Maddox. When you have a good backup and your starter is hurt bad enough he does not do well... you put in the back up.

cow&dog said:
Excuse me, he played a large part in losing this game for Pitt. No excuses. The outtcome was obvious after lastweek's sub par performance. He's not that good.
You can't be serious. Somebody tell me he did not just say that.:shakeno:

Don't know about the Fiedler comparison...but did anyone else think that so much was made of Pitts offense vs Belichik that no one realized Pitties downfall in this game was their defense not being able to stop the NE offense, not the other way around ???

It sadly reminded me of the Fins plight several times this year....offense does enough, but in the second half...Pitties could not stop the NE offense...

Roman529 said:
How many of you were thinking about Jay Fiedler when Big Ben threw that slant pattern that got intercepted and run back for 6??????:eek:

When did Fiedler ever win 14 in a row ?? ;)

PhiNomina said:
Favre had a bad playoff game and so did Manning, but you don't say that about them, and Ben's team was FARTHER in the playoffs and he is a rookie. Say what you will about the surrounding team but GB and IND both have GREAT weapons on offense so its very similar.
Favre has had MORE than one bad playoff game. IMO he is one of the least clutch players in the NFL. 4 INT's and a boneheaded play this year in a loss. INT overthrown by 20 yards in a loss last year. 6 INT's at St. Louis in a loss a few years ago. He gets a lot of credit bc of what he once did, not bc of what he can still do.

This thread is laughable! Big Ben isn't that good...put down the crack pipe man! Name me one rookie in the history of the NFL that has won as many consecutive games? Oh, that's right, you can't...because there aren't any! Roeth has the physical skills, mental toughness, and a team attitude to be one of the best QB's in the league. He will become a great QB.

As to him having a good team around him...of course he does! Every team that has ever done anything in the playoffs has. People said the same thing about Tom Brady as they are saying about Ben now..."product of a system", "great D", "good coaching", etc... Anyone still believe Brady isn't a good QB?

We would be EXTREMELY lucky to have a QB with half his skills and potential.

Back
Top Bottom