Bill Parcells | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Parcells

How the hell else are we supposed to evaluate the job Parcells did without acknowledging his mistakes, some rather huge? You just want to give him a total pass on some things, while showering praise on him for others. Acquiring a franchise QB was indeed one of the tasks which Parcells knew, or should have known, he'd have to accomplish. He passed on Ryan in favor of Henne. It didn't work. Had it worked, then great, he's a hero. But it didn't work, so he's rightly criticized for it.

The team had one good season. Good, not great. Had the team built on that success, gotten better every year, then Parcells would be praised. But that didn't happen. Instead, this team is as mediocre as it's ever been, with a good chance of three losing seasons in a row. So, now we have a supposedly great defense, coupled with an offense that wouldn't scare Coral Gables High. You're right, we're not Arizona East. We're Wanny's Dolphins redux. That era sure ended well, as will this one I'm sure.

The team is younger
The D-line is better
The Line Backers are revamped
The receiving corps is impoved
The secondary is coming along
The team has more draft picks
The team has more money
The team is finding talent in more locations
The team has had structure in place longer then it has in years

Those are the areas that are undeniably better and improving but I guess nothing constructive has been achieved at all.

I never gave Bill a free pass on the Ryan/Long debate, I said he did what he did to reduce overall risk to team health. I am also at a difference of opinion with some that this team is in a much better shape in 11 to take a risk in the first round on a QB then they were back in 08. Whether they will or not remains to be seen because there are too many factors but I guess tomorrow night will answer the question.

and finished 7-9, if sweeping the Jets makes your season congrats buit 2009 was not a successful season for Miami.
if we went 2-14 for the rest of my life, i'd die happy knowing those two wins came against the jets. **** the jets.

if we went 2-14 for the rest of my life, i'd die happy knowing those two wins came against the jets. **** the jets.

We view succes differently. in '99 and '00 the Jets swept Miami and missed the playoffs- those were 2 terrible seasons, in '09 we got swept and made the title game- it was a great season. I love beating Miami but I'll take losing twice to them every year if we wind up making the playoffs.

I'm so sick of all the whining about Bill Parcells. He took a franchise that had no leadership, no direction, and a huge void in talent and provided stability, and direction, and built a fairly talented roster. His failure to find a franchise quarterback is a major blemish, but overall, I am grateful for the work he did in Miami. He didn't hit on all of his draft picks, but no one does. I think he has built the team into a solid, tough, young team that is on the right track. If the Dolphins can somehow find their franchise quarterback, you would be surprised how much better the talent Parcells assembled on this team looks.

Do you watch the Dolphins play? Our gameday coaching and clock management? Guess what we have no leadership! This regime is no better except they have failed the worst with FA failures like Gerbil, Grove, Smiley, Wilford, Green, etc. Not to mention just as many draft failures and question marks.

The Parcells era is like a chicken with its head cut off. No one knew who was truly calling the shots, no on was held accountable.

You are sick of fans hating on Parcells. Well I am sick of HOMERS defending him! This is the 4th year we have no QB, 3 out of 5 spots on the oline are question marks, no play maker at te, no kr/pr returner, no quality at RB, and no speed at WR, our safety play is suspect and have up big plays and key first downs all season long. You know what he built us? A 1-7 team at home, that collapses down the stretch, and loses to 3 of the worst teams of the last decade!

Great be happy with kind of good or mediocre! Real fans aren't and it passes us off to watch this fat fraud cash is 10+ million dollars then cut in run when the fruit if his labor turns bad!

We view succes differently. in '99 and '00 the Jets swept Miami and missed the playoffs- those were 2 terrible seasons, in '09 we got swept and made the title game- it was a great season. I love beating Miami but I'll take losing twice to them every year if we wind up making the playoffs.
there is success, and there is satisfaction. while I want success, I love being satisfied.

there is success, and there is satisfaction. while I want success, I love being satisfied.

I wasn't satisfied w/ losing in the title game, I could never be satisfied w/ going 7-9 no matter who we beat.

I would give up loosing to the Jets for the next 10 years, if it meant winning just 1 Superbowl in my lifetime.
Chubbs

The team is younger means nothing when you lack talent at QB, OG, C, TE, RB, KR/PR
The D-line is better yes
The Line Backers are revamped liability in pass coverage, and still have a ghost as a ILB
The receiving corps is impoved couldn't get worse
The secondary is coming along improving yes
The team has more draft picks NO SECOND THIS YEAR NOT THAT WE HAVE GOOD LUCK IN THAT ROUND
The team has more moneyno thanks to failure free agent signs and Bill taking his GOLDEN PARACHUTE
The team is finding talent in more locations like the cowboys trash can?
The team has had structure in place longer then it has in years not a chance after Harbaughgate Ireland back stabbing and terrible hiring on the offensive staff

Those are the areas that are undeniably better and improving but I guess nothing constructive has been achieved at all.

I never gave Bill a free pass on the Ryan/Long debate, I said he did what he did to reduce overall risk to team health. I am also at a difference of opinion with some that this team is in a much better shape in 11 to take a risk in the first round on a QB then they were back in 08. Whether they will or not remains to be seen because there are too many factors but I guess tomorrow night will answer the question.

Bottomline line is if the Jets or Patriots had this much drama we would all be laughing!

so parcells year 4 blueprint has us on track for the super-bowel this year!?
even though he left his legacy lives on how they do next season..

Bottomline line is if the Jets or Patriots had this much drama we would all be laughing!

The team is younger means nothing when you lack talent at QB, OG, C, TE, RB, KR/PR
The D-line is better yes
The Line Backers are revamped liability in pass coverage, and still have a ghost as a ILB
The receiving corps is impoved couldn't get worse
The secondary is coming along improving yes
The team has more draft picks NO SECOND THIS YEAR NOT THAT WE HAVE GOOD LUCK IN THAT ROUND
The team has more moneyno thanks to failure free agent signs and Bill taking his GOLDEN PARACHUTE
The team is finding talent in more locations like the cowboys trash can?
The team has had structure in place longer then it has in years not a chance after Harbaughgate Ireland back stabbing and terrible hiring on the offensive staff

How can you possibly say the receiving cops couldn't get worse? Really? You have one of the best slot receivers in the league and one of the best on the outside over the past four seasons and they both managed to do that with Henne in the pocket. Yes it needs a speedster and that will also address the kick return problem.

Incognito will do just fine at Center and would have been more then adequate playing guard if Henning had stopped pulling him on every rushing play. This line was banged up last season no doubt about it but they seem to be healthy this season. I have not idea what everyones beef with Fasano is, he is a solid TE, he was 8th in the league in yards per catch out of all TE's with over 20 receptions and manged to post respectable numbers in almost every category despite lack of throws his direction. Kick returner - Yes it is a need. Running backs are a dime a dozen and Ricky and Ronnie needed to go, end of story.

Dansby more then filled a roll that was missing since Thomas, it's about time. Crowder is Crowder and they drafted a pass coverage LB but unfortunately he was injured what more could they do???

No second round pick huummm let me think about this in 2006 we didn't have a 1st or 2nd at least in the last four years Miami has had at least 8 picks or more in every draft some years Miami managed to pick 5 time if they were lucky.

The money for Bill has no implication on cap space so i could give a damn about a golden parachute, what I do care about is getting the books in order so there was space to go after agents like Dansby and Marshal and more room this season if they need to address RB and/or QB via agency, there have been seasons where Miami was handcuffed by the cap. All I know is that when the cap returns Miami is still in great shape.

Like Cam Wake, Davone Bess, Tony McDaniel, Randy Starks etc...

It over with and the way it was handled wasn't the best but like it or not Sparano and Ireland are there for a 4th year and that is as long as any coach since Shula which is exactly why Miami is in this mess in the first place, failure to replace Shula.

You are sick of fans hating on Parcells. Well I am sick of HOMERS defending him! This is the 4th year we have no QB, 3 out of 5 spots on the oline are question marks, no play maker at te, no kr/pr returner, no quality at RB, and no speed at WR, our safety play is suspect and have up big plays and key first downs all season long. You know what he built us? A 1-7 team at home, that collapses down the stretch, and loses to 3 of the worst teams of the last decade!

Great be happy with kind of good or mediocre! Real fans aren't and it passes us off to watch this fat fraud cash is 10+ million dollars then cut in run when the fruit if his labor turns bad!

I think Parcells did what he thought was right to try and get our team corrected. It is hit or miss and i wonder if he could go back and get a do-over if he would still put Sparano in the head coaching position. Real fan eh? I am guessing YOU speak for all the real fans? Pretty funny post. We are all real fans, we just have different opinions. I don't harbor an ill will towards Parcells, and he wouldn't be invited to do a 1.5 hr long program if he wasn't considered one of the intelligent people in NFL circles. Show me someone who has had it go right every time and i'll kiss your ***. Whether or not you think he is any good is of no matter, it seems to me that folks in NFL circles hold him in high regard, and that holds a bit more water, i think, with the average football fan.

How can you possibly say the receiving cops couldn't get worse? Really? You have one of the best slot receivers in the league and one of the best on the outside over the past four seasons and they both managed to do that with Henne in the pocket. Yes it needs a speedster and that will also address the kick return problem.

Incognito will do just fine at Center and would have been more then adequate playing guard if Henning had stopped pulling him on every rushing play. This line was banged up last season no doubt about it but they seem to be healthy this season. I have not idea what everyones beef with Fasano is, he is a solid TE, he was 8th in the league in yards per catch out of all TE's with over 20 receptions and manged to post respectable numbers in almost every category despite lack of throws his direction. Kick returner - Yes it is a need. Running backs are a dime a dozen and Ricky and Ronnie needed to go, end of story.

Dansby more then filled a roll that was missing since Thomas, it's about time. Crowder is Crowder and they drafted a pass coverage LB but unfortunately he was injured what more could they do???

No second round pick huummm let me think about this in 2006 we didn't have a 1st or 2nd at least in the last four years Miami has had at least 8 picks or more in every draft some years Miami managed to pick 5 time if they were lucky.

The money for Bill has no implication on cap space so i could give a damn about a golden parachute, what I do care about is getting the books in order so there was space to go after agents like Dansby and Marshal and more room this season if they need to address RB and/or QB via agency, there have been seasons where Miami was handcuffed by the cap. All I know is that when the cap returns Miami is still in great shape.

Like Cam Wake, Davone Bess, Tony McDaniel, Randy Starks etc...

It over with and the way it was handled wasn't the best but like it or not Sparano and Ireland are there for a 4th year and that is as long as any coach since Shula which is exactly why Miami is in this mess in the first place, failure to replace Shula.

I meant the WRs couldnt be much worse then when he got here.

Shocking blame Henning for Incognito. Ever think all that pulling is a product of our oline guru and his ultra conservative offense?

They killed just as much cap space as the cleared with their free agent blunders.

Saying Ireland/Sparano has us in our best coach GM position since Shula is laughable. These 2 are nothing more then fruit from a poisonous tree. Product of the Bill Parcells good old boy network. Wanny had back to back 11-5 seasons and a playoff win. Which is then the fist pumping moron will ever accomplish.

Let's just go ahead and fire up the excuse train for the 2011 failures!
1. We can't blame Ireland the lockout ruined predraft free agency.
2. How can Sparano get a fair shake with Henne as a QB.
3. Daboll doesn't have the talent on offense.

bla bla bla it just gets old we are the same mediocre crap Parcells built in Dallas

Back
Top Bottom