Bill Parcells | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Parcells

I think Parcells did what he thought was right to try and get our team corrected. It is hit or miss and i wonder if he could go back and get a do-over if he would still put Sparano in the head coaching position. Real fan eh? I am guessing YOU speak for all the real fans? Pretty funny post. We are all real fans, we just have different opinions. I don't harbor an ill will towards Parcells, and he wouldn't be invited to do a 1.5 hr long program if he wasn't considered one of the intelligent people in NFL circles. Show me someone who has had it go right every time and i'll kiss your ***. Whether or not you think he is any good is of no matter, it seems to me that folks in NFL circles hold him in high regard, and that holds a bit more water, i think, with the average football fan.

Parcells is a ****ing joke! Did you watch that program? Did you see how arrogant and pompous he was? My phone has been blowing up nonstop, with comments about no wonder you guys falter look at him. All it proves is people are sheep! Guy has been falling flat on his face drafting since Dallas and people still listen to him.

1. He wanted Spears over Ware.
2. Barbie Carpenter
3. Long over Ryan
4. Merling
5. Henne
6. Pat White
7. Pat Turner
8. Jared Paper Mache Ordick

These are all high picks he is missing on. His ego just never allows him to adapt which is why he has no real success calling the shots and ultimately quits before he is exposed.

Do you watch the Dolphins play? Our gameday coaching and clock management? Guess what we have no leadership! This regime is no better except they have failed the worst with FA failures like Gerbil, Grove, Smiley, Wilford, Green, etc. Not to mention just as many draft failures and question marks.

The Parcells era is like a chicken with its head cut off. No one knew who was truly calling the shots, no on was held accountable.

You are sick of fans hating on Parcells. Well I am sick of HOMERS defending him! This is the 4th year we have no QB, 3 out of 5 spots on the oline are question marks, no play maker at te, no kr/pr returner, no quality at RB, and no speed at WR, our safety play is suspect and have up big plays and key first downs all season long. You know what he built us? A 1-7 team at home, that collapses down the stretch, and loses to 3 of the worst teams of the last decade!

Great be happy with kind of good or mediocre! Real fans aren't and it passes us off to watch this fat fraud cash is 10+ million dollars then cut in run when the fruit if his labor turns bad!

Don't try to lecture me about what you think I am content with. To me, every season is a failure unless you win the Super Bowl. I'm just saying that this team is a lot closer, talent wise, to being a Super Bowl caliber team than it was before he took over. The team has one of the best and deepest defensive lines in all of football. They have one of the best left tackles in the league. They have two young cornerbacks who are on the cusp of being elite. Parcells went out and signed an unknown linebacker from the Canadian football league, (Cameron Wake) who has turned into one of the most feared pass rushers in the NFL. The front office signed one of the most versatile middle linebackers in the league (Karlos Dansby). You expect the front office to never make a mistake. Not a single front office in the whole NFL is perfect. You sight the free agent signings that were failures. So what? How did it hurt the franchise? They gambled on guys that they didn't have to give up draft picks to acquire, and signed them to contracts that wouldn't handicap the team with the salary cap if they had to cut ties with them. If the Dolphins find a franchise quarterback (the single hardest position to play in all of professional sports) they will be able to compete for a Super Bowl. Almost all of the other pieces are in place.

Don't try to lecture me about what you think I am content with. To me, every season is a failure unless you win the Super Bowl. I'm just saying that this team is a lot closer, talent wise, to being a Super Bowl caliber team than it was before he took over. The team has one of the best and deepest defensive lines in all of football. They have one of the best left tackles in the league. They have two young cornerbacks who are on the cusp of being elite. Parcells went out and signed an unknown linebacker from the Canadian football league, (Cameron Wake) who has turned into one of the most feared pass rushers in the NFL. The front office signed one of the most versatile middle linebackers in the league (Karlos Dansby). You expect the front office to never make a mistake. Not a single front office in the whole NFL is perfect. You sight the free agent signings that were failures. So what? How did it hurt the franchise? They gambled on guys that they didn't have to give up draft picks to acquire, and signed them to contracts that wouldn't handicap the team with the salary cap if they had to cut ties with them. If the Dolphins find a franchise quarterback (the single hardest position to play in all of professional sports) they will be able to compete for a Super Bowl. Almost all of the other pieces are in place.

any team should be closer to a superbowl than they were three years ago if thye were 1-15. we have improved from 1-15 to 7-9 in three years , not really that awesome

Parcells is a ****ing joke! Did you watch that program? Did you see how arrogant and pompous he was? My phone has been blowing up nonstop, with comments about no wonder you guys falter look at him. All it proves is people are sheep! Guy has been falling flat on his face drafting since Dallas and people still listen to him.

1. He wanted Spears over Ware.
2. Barbie Carpenter
3. Long over Ryan
4. Merling
5. Henne
6. Pat White
7. Pat Turner
8. Jared Paper Mache Ordick

These are all high picks he is missing on. His ego just never allows him to adapt which is why he has no real success calling the shots and ultimately quits before he is exposed.

After seeing that comment about Odrick, tells me all I need to know about you. Just plain ignorant. You have the audacity to make a stupid comment like that and imply that Odrick is a bust because he had a broken bone in his leg during his rookie season? Yea, he is a bust already and he is injury prone based on one season. The Dolphins should just cut him now. Please.

any team should be closer to a superbowl than they were three years ago if thye were 1-15. we have improved from 1-15 to 7-9 in three years , not really that awesome

And why do you think that is? It is because the organization has failed to find a franchise quarterback. I am not letting Parcells off the hook for that. It is clearly his biggest downfall. He should be held accountable for that, but too many people on this board want to paint him as incompetent failure and that is just not true.

And why do you think that is? It is because the organization has failed to find a franchise quarterback. I am not letting Parcells off the hook for that. It is clearly his biggest downfall. He should be held accountable for that, but too many people on this board want to paint him as incompetent failure and that is just not true.

he is not incompetent but he is a failure here unless u consider 7-9 a success. He also failed to form an oline

After seeing that comment about Odrick, tells me all I need to know about you. Just plain ignorant. You have the audacity to make a stupid comment like that and imply that Odrick is a bust because he had a broken bone in his leg during his rookie season? Yea, he is a bust already and he is injury prone based on one season. The Dolphins should just cut him now. Please.

No he is injury prone because he has broke that leg twice, his wrist, and his foot which landed him on the IR, but go ahead and ignore that. Did I say he is a bust? Guess I should have simplified it for you Jared Ordick was the wrong pick, Starks and Langford were both solid and we had way bigger needs the another 3/4 de. Great pick moving the de to nt was stupid our current nt had a break out year.

I meant the WRs couldnt be much worse then when he got here.

Shocking blame Henning for Incognito. Ever think all that pulling is a product of our oline guru and his ultra conservative offense?

They killed just as much cap space as the cleared with their free agent blunders.

Saying Ireland/Sparano has us in our best coach GM position since Shula is laughable. These 2 are nothing more then fruit from a poisonous tree. Product of the Bill Parcells good old boy network. Wanny had back to back 11-5 seasons and a playoff win. Which is then the fist pumping moron will ever accomplish.

Let's just go ahead and fire up the excuse train for the 2011 failures!
1. We can't blame Ireland the lockout ruined predraft free agency.
2. How can Sparano get a fair shake with Henne as a QB.
3. Daboll doesn't have the talent on offense.

bla bla bla it just gets old we are the same mediocre crap Parcells built in Dallas

Wooooohhhhhh there Kimosabe!!!

I never said they were the best combo I just said they provided stability and were tied for the second longest tenure since Shula. The turnover that the Dolphins had going on in the front office and at the coaching carousel is just not conducive to building any longer term success.

and Henning's lack of offensive adaptability is what caused the Dolphins offense to sputter as much or more then Henne, if you have a guard who is a brusher moving in a straight line and has zero speed, lets pull him 60% of the time. If you have a big body receiver on the outside but only use him from the hash mark to sideline on 60% of the passing attempts it is just stupid.

I am not sold on Daboll but when a persons back is in the corner sometimes it does wonderful things, Daboll will never get another chance to move up in the NFL if he fails as the Dolphins OC, career over welcome to lifetime special teams coach if he is lucky.

Sparano has what he needs, there is no blaming Henne, you can win with Henne you just have to do it differently then with Manning or Brady. Bill Belichick has fielded defenses with less talent and made them look good, so Sparano doesn't have a free pass because of Henne.

The cap space they killed was short term, it didn't cost the team a lot in picks or long term cap space, like years past blunders have.

and Henne needs to play the ****ing game like it was his last chance, because it is. Quit worrying about the media and fans and take command of your squad and lead them on the field.

So I never said "free pass" or "Henning is the only reason why" or "the greatest since" in any comment but what I did say was there is at least structure in place that hasn't changed with everyone working on the same page. There is young talent on a young roster with room to move under the cap (assuming it returns at some point).

Last edited by a moderator:
Wooooohhhhhh there Kimosabe!!!

I never said they were the best combo I just said they provided stability and were tied for the second longest tenure since Shula. The turnover that the Dolphins had going on in the front office and at the coaching carousel is just not conducive to building any longer term success.

and Henning's lack of offensive adaptability is what caused the Dolphins offense to sputter as much or more then Henne, if you have a guard who is a brusher moving in a straight line and has zero speed, lets pull him 60% of the time. If you have a big body receiver on the outside but only use him from the hash mark to sideline on 60% of the passing attempts it is just stupid.

I am not sold on Daboll but when a persons back is in the corner sometimes it does wonderful things, Daboll will never get another chance to move up in the NFL if he fails as the Dolphins OC, career over welcome to lifetime special teams coach if he is lucky.

Sparano has what he needs, there is no blaming Henne, you can win with Henne you just have to do it differently then with Manning or Brady. Bill Belichick has fielded defenses with less talent and made them look good, so Sparano doesn't have a free pass because of Henne.

The cap space they killed was short term, it didn't cost the team a lot in picks or long term cap space, like years past blunders have.

and Henne needs to play the ****ing game like it was his last chance, because it is. Quit worrying about the media and fans and take command of your squad and lead them on the field.

So I never said "free pass" or "Henning is the only reason why" or "the greatest since" in any comment but what I did say was there is at least structure in place that hasn't changed with everyone working on the same page. There is young talent on a young roster with room to move under the cap (assuming it returns at some point).

After Harbaughgate and the look of hate Sparano had at that round table, I can't even buy structure anymore. There is a huge rift between them to say the very least and I haven't seen anything suggesting thwy are ok besides a little lip service to the media. Frankly Sparano has no right to be anything, but greatful! Back to back late season collapses at home gets you fired, losing to the Lions, Bills, and Browns at home should get you fired, watching 3 years of a ultra conservative kick a FG mentality lose games should get you fired. Sparano has no right to be upset! Did they handle business wrong? Yes, but that egg is on the faces of the owner, organization, and fan. If Sparano had performed it wouldn't have happened. Sorry for the rant but can't believe structure.

I can't just slap all the blame on Henne and Henning, well I put most the blame on Henne he just isn't that good! The product we see on the field comes from Sparano and his ultra conservative micro managing, take no chances coaching style.

Sorry man just can't have any faith in this regime, and they earned it.

After Harbaughgate and the look of hate Sparano had at that round table, I can't even buy structure anymore. There is a huge rift between them to say the very least and I haven't seen anything suggesting thwy are ok besides a little lip service to the media. Frankly Sparano has no right to be anything, but greatful! Back to back late season collapses at home gets you fired, losing to the Lions, Bills, and Browns at home should get you fired, watching 3 years of a ultra conservative kick a FG mentality lose games should get you fired. Sparano has no right to be upset! Did they handle business wrong? Yes, but that egg is on the faces of the owner, organization, and fan. If Sparano had performed it wouldn't have happened. Sorry for the rant but can't believe structure.

I can't just slap all the blame on Henne and Henning, well I put most the blame on Henne he just isn't that good! The product we see on the field comes from Sparano and his ultra conservative micro managing, take no chances coaching style.

Sorry man just can't have any faith in this regime, and they earned it.

Well I know Tony is well documented as being a micro manager and he even stated that he got to cute with the O-line last season and it cost him one of his strengths in 09 which was his rushing game, II hope he learns from this. I also look at Nolan and what he achieved on D in one season under Tony and wonder if Henning was causing Tony more headaches behind the scenes then what the public was told?

At some point if Henne is the QB Tony needs to figure out how to give his QB confidence, Tony needs to support his QB, whoever that might be this season. Until the coach has undoubted support how can the rest of the team? I will even give Rex Ryann credit for doing that with Sanchez in NY, he figured out a way to work around Mark's short comings and it is called the rush.

Well I know Tony is well documented as being a micro manager and he even stated that he got to cute with the O-line last season and it cost him one of his strengths in 09 which was his rushing game, II hope he learns from this. I also look at Nolan and what he achieved on D in one season under Tony and wonder if Henning was causing Tony more headaches behind the scenes then what the public was told?

At some point if Henne is the QB Tony needs to figure out how to give his QB confidence, Tony needs to support his QB, whoever that might be this season. Until the coach has undoubted support how can the rest of the team? I will even give Rex Ryann credit for doing that with Sanchez in NY, he figured out a way to work around Mark's short comings and it is called the rush.

I think the defensive is good because Sparano stays away and let's Nolan do his thing, I don't see Sparano doing that with our offense.

And a blind monkey throwing darts to pick draft picks could have done the same job. Stop saying that he made the team better, ANYONE COULD HAVE it was one of the least talented teams in NFL history. It had no where to go but up.

I think the defensive is good because Sparano stays away and let's Nolan do his thing, I don't see Sparano doing that with our offense.

Exactly and I am hoping that this season is different with Daboll (maybe it's wishful thinking but a guy can hope).

Sparano's handprints are all over that offense, that's why it does best what it does, get fist-pumping field goals. That is the offense he feels most comfortable with.

The bottom line is Bill Parcells was good for the Dolphins- not great. He helped turned around a franchise that was becoming a luaghingstock. As usual he left before the job was done but Miami is better today b/c of BP's association w/ the team. I don't think Miami is far off at all, they have some holes to patch up(as every team does) but this team is in pretty good shape talent wise. He did a much better job as a GM type for you guys than he did for us.

Back
Top Bottom