Bill Polian and ESPN suck! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Polian and ESPN suck!

Not so fast! We were and are discussing Bill Polian and his franchise building skills. Don't invoke Peyton Manning's name in the discussion. By horrible I mainly was referring to (in proper context if you read my reply over) the Buffalo Bills debacle in the early 90's.

Nice try though!

I'd give my left nut to be the Bills of early 90s. We have been a laughing stock organization for over a decade.

I'd give my left nut to be the Bills of early 90s. We have been a laughing stock organization for over a decade.
Why don't you also give your right nut to be the Patriots of the 00's while you're at it....

....then you'll just have to somehow grow a pair and stop crying about being the laughing sack of the league.

Good luck with that!

Why don't you also give your right nut to be the Patriots of the 00's while you're at it....

....then you'll just have to somehow grow a pair and stop crying about being the laughing sack of the league.

Good luck with that!

As soon as you stop crying about the media picking on the poor little Dolphins. They deserve it. When they stop trotting out bums, like Matt Moore who you for some reason think actually has a chance at turning this thing around, and bring in a real QB to start winning games, they'll stop getting laughed at.

Fans crying about the media is just sad

Not sure What You're crying about. I didn't see anything with What polian said. He certainty didn't say anything derogatory about the fins
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/40525/bill-polian-advocates-vikings-dolphins-trade

I never liked the Bills of the 90's, and I don't care if the guy was a great GM! And frankly, I don't watch the Disney network! So to **** they can both go!

But what I wanna know is when did this organization begin to allow this type of BS media scrutiny? You literally have an ex.GM fresh out the luxury suites now on board with the mouse trap channel calling out another franchise and for all intents and purposes trying to tell them how to conduct their draft and business. The audacity! This is simply classless and just doesn't sit well with me.

Man, it's time to put our foot down and say screw you! Each individual that is apart, whether it be a financial stake or interest position higher up, professional athlete on payroll, a vendor in the concession stands, or a die-hard fan of this illustrious team, we all as a collective group have to finally stop the **** bleeding. WE ARE BETTER THAN THIS! Be proud and stand up! Shake the haters and remind them who we are... the only team to go undefeated in a single season in NFL history.

Giving up our 2nd and 3rd round picks to move up to the 3rd overall pick with Minnesota to select Ryan Tannehill is just not worth it. Especially when you consider that it would be a reach to select him 8th overall in the draft in the first place. Listen, I like the kid. He has tremendous potential and upside, but given that it'll at least be 2 years to get him "NFL ready"... the cost outweighs the reward...IMO.

Heck, if we're as terrible as everyone seems to think we'll be this season, we'll fall flat on our faces, go 1-15 (if things go according to "their" plan... you know we're not good in those situations), and we'll end up having the #1 overall pick in the NFL draft in which we would assumably select Matt Barkley from USC.

But I happen to think Matt Moore is better than that. We all are! So here here to a turn around season and a return to greatness for our beloved Miami Dolphins. :brewskis:

Polian has always done well when drafting near the top, that is what all those teams had in common to begin with. If you look further into the body of work you'll see that there were glaring holes in the later versions (see Colts). There is a reason the Colts only one 1 Super Bowl, and he was fired... Couldn't build a Defense.

Well, you've certainly proven you can add, but the trends do not lie. Polian has taken over bad teams and improved them considerably, while Ireland's career rests on a single initial winning season, and an otherwise declining franchise.

I can count. And that is the most honest way to compare. It is difficult to measure a trend. But if you compare success by wins in the NFL, rather then believed trends, then there is 1 game difference. Ironically, after Polian's Colts team only won 32 games in his first 4 years as GM, the Colts fired their coach as well, just like the Fins did this past season. The similarities are amazing.

You're seeing what you want to see. One is the story of a team that improved every year except one, the other is a story of a team that has gotten worse over the last four years.

As are you. You are mixing facts with opinions. The four years prior to Ireland arriving the Dolphins records were 4-12, 9-7, 6-10, 1-15. They were 20-44. Since then they are 31-33. So how did they get worse? 31 is more than 20, right?

I can count. And that is the most honest way to compare. It is difficult to measure a trend. But if you compare success by wins in the NFL, rather then believed trends, then there is 1 game difference. Ironically, after Polian's Colts team only won 32 games in his first 4 years as GM, the Colts fired their coach as well, just like the Fins did this past season. The similarities are amazing.

There are a lot of similarities, but there is of course that one big difference which i personally think is the biggest factor of them all.

Back
Top Bottom