Bills fans are so delusional. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bills fans are so delusional.

There is a wide range of opinion within that thread, but there are a couple of comments that are fair. It is fair to say that QBs should be evaluated after defensive coordinators have 3 or 4 NFL game tapes. It is fair to say he has one good game and one pedestrian game as his body of work. Let's see how he plays versus the Chargers.

I'm not clicking the link, just because I really don't care what Buffalo fans have to say about Tua. lol

But something I do want to mention is a trend I have been seeing a lot lately on social media from Bills fans. Any time a national writer or heck even a local writer like Armando says something positive about Miami or even Tua a Bills fan is quick to pop in and offer their negative input. A writer might say "Tua played great yesterday and Miami has a chance at the playoffs now", a Bills fan will quickly pop in with "Allen better" or "Buffalo better". For a team that has sucked for so long, longer than Miami actually, they are a very uptity bunch and the threat of Miami this season obviously has them nervous. The difference is, Buffalo is in year three of their rebuild with their quarterback, Miami is in just year one. They are nervous we are challenging them already, imagine when we pass them next year when Grier adds even more assets to the team

I'm not clicking the link, just because I really don't care what Buffalo fans have to say about Tua. lol

But something I do want to mention is a trend I have been seeing a lot lately on social media from Bills fans. Any time a national writer or heck even a local writer like Armando says something positive about Miami or even Tua a Bills fan is quick to pop in and offer their negative input. A writer might say "Tua played great yesterday and Miami has a chance at the playoffs now", a Bills fan will quickly pop in with "Allen better" or "Buffalo better". For a team that has sucked for so long, longer than Miami actually, they are a very uptity bunch and the threat of Miami this season obviously has them nervous. The difference is, Buffalo is in year three of their rebuild with their quarterback, Miami is in just year one. They are nervous we are challenging them already, imagine when we pass them next year when Grier adds even more assets to the team

Experiences affect everyone differently. Some here (I'm one) have suffered through so many years of watching an inept Dolphin organization, I have a hard time believing something good is actually here. I still have excessive worry about every game and still think 'the next game' will revert to the Fistpump years.
Some fans react differently and become defensive about the mention their team isn't good or another formerly bad team may be better. The few flesh and blood Bills fans I know will accept NO negative comments. Me: You guys had a good game yesterday and overcame that fumble. Them: FUMBLE?? every team fumbles and I saw Gaskin fumble a few weeks ago

By Next year, the Bills will be looking up at us in the standings for the foreseeable future as long as Tua remains healthy

I don't really care that much about what media people say about our team, keep underrating us and we will kick the hell out of you. I watch the game and I hoped they'd open things up a little and give Tua a chance to make plays. He excelled in every phase. He was making fast and correct reads, getting the ball out fast and his accuracy is elite. He has great feet and eyes and he is a true first round QB. He would have gone #1 if he hadn't been injured. He's the best since Marino so I believe we found our QB of the future. Now we have to keep him healthy and get him some weapons.

There is a wide range of opinion within that thread, but there are a couple of comments that are fair. It is fair to say that QBs should be evaluated after defensive coordinators have 3 or 4 NFL game tapes. It is fair to say he has one good game and one pedestrian game as his body of work. Let's see how he plays versus the Chargers.

is it fair to say that what tuas showing is absolutely sustainable? Like what exactly are people thinking could change here?

always amazes me when folks say we got to wait like all the sudden the kids gonna be a tiger of different stripes or something. Not towards you just in general.

if anything he’s gonna get better. There aren’t ugly qb tapes in bunches on the horizon.

i will tell ya this that dude is way way ahead of drew Brees at the same point in their careers. like on another planet.

I feel pretty good about Miami's chances with Buffalo. The first time the Dolphins played the Bills was a very winnable game. Looking back to that game, Fitzpatrick didn't play that well. Also, the Dolphins defense was in the adjustment stages, not looking like one of the better units in the NFL. I expect a much better pass rush against Allen, who had a ton of time, by NFL standards, in the first matchup.

Make no mistake, the Bills have a lot of talent. More than Miami on paper. But, I think Tua will end up being a far superior quarterback to Allen. Allen has had an up and down season. He has improved, but he's still somewhere in the middle of the pack of NFL quarterbacks, that 12-18 range. Tua has a chance to be top 10 in the NFL, maybe top 5. Some of those top qb's are closing in on retirement like Drew Brees, Tom Brady (no longer top 10 IMO), Big Ben etc.

A few years down the line it could be Mahomes, Wilson, Murray, Jackson and Tua in the mix for the NFL's top qb.

is it fair to say that what tuas showing is absolutely sustainable? Like what exactly are people thinking could change here?

always amazes me when folks say we got to wait like all the sudden the kids gonna be a tiger of different stripes or something. Not towards you just in general.

if anything he’s gonna get better. There aren’t ugly qb tapes in bunches on the horizon.

i will tell ya this that dude is way way ahead of drew Brees at the same point in their careers. like on another planet.
Good point, Hoops. I agree. Looking at the Cardinals game, Tua had far less to work with than Murray at that wide receiver position and still made it happen. What was very impressive to me was how well he used his eyes. He fooled me a few times with where he was going with the ball. If he stays healthy, and that's the main concern, I really think we'll be talking about Tua among the top quarterbacks in the NFL.

There are things to like about Allen, but I doubt he's ever considered top 10.

Good point, Hoops. I agree. Looking at the Cardinals game, Tua had far less to work with than Murray at that wide receiver position and still made it happen. What was very impressive to me was how well he used his eyes. He fooled me a few times with where he was going with the ball. If he stays healthy, and that's the main concern, I really think we'll be talking about Tua among the top quarterbacks in the NFL.

There are things to like about Allen, but I doubt he's ever considered top 10.

get ready to see some numbers these next 4 games. Games we should win frankly. Only thing derailing this is tackle play. Starts with the toughest edge matchup we’ve faced yet.

tua stays healthy I think he’s gonna be one of the faces of the league. Like I said earlier get yo popcorn ready the good times are coming!

they already starting

get ready to see some numbers these next 4 games. Games we should win frankly. Only thing derailing this is tackle play. Starts with the toughest edge matchup we’ve faced yet.

tua stays healthy I think he’s gonna be one of the faces of the league. Like I said earlier get yo popcorn ready the good times are coming!

they already starting
Second start of his career and he already gave me confidence that Miami would pull out the win if the Dolphins got the ball last.

I do hope he doesn't "Fitzpatrick" the running plays, though. I love that Fitz challenged the defense and fought for yardage. I want Tua to get down and avoid those hits. But, based on those runs his hip looks fine!

I think fans of every team are for the most part Delusional, especially when, their team starts to win and challenge for the division and playoffs.

We often think our players are better than theirs and often overlook league wide perception.

Often the difference between the teams are the coaches. Buffalo is a good football team, with a solid coaching staff and excellent players throughout their defense and offense. And as usual Buffalo fans will refuse to see the talent on other teams. It goes for almost every teams fan base. Just ask a Kansas City Chiefs fan about other teams and players.

Buffalo will eventually come down to earth, once losing starts to settle in once again. That may be a while, but it'll happen non the less.

Aren't lots of people here saying Tua doesn't have arm strength?

If I'm being honest he played flawless on Sunday but didn't display a great arm. Still being honest, arm strength also doesn't mean crap to begin with unless you're Chad Pennington bad.

Back
Top Bottom