Billy Donovan wants out of Magic contract | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Billy Donovan wants out of Magic contract

I don't think Donovan is a bad as Saban at all and I don't care about either team.

I completely understand why Magic fans are pissed but if the guy didn't wanna be there....wuld you really want him there? I doubt you would be getting his best anyway

Trust me I don't want him or his best.
He's proven he's not up for the task.

Haha some of this talk around Billy is completely silly!

I completely understand the fan loyalty, but you do have to admit that his actions have cost the Magic. Sure, the Magic are also guilty because they pursued him and bought into him wanting to coach for them, but Billy is no saint in all of this.

I don't understand the people here unwilling to admit Donovan did any wrong. I am sure he had no malicious intentions and it is refreshing to see a coach so committed to a program, but when people act like no one got hurt in this situation it is just refusing to read the newspaper. Even he admits that his waffling hurt the Florida fans initially, wrecked the Magic's PR, and more. Now it seems as if they will miss out on Stan Van Gundy partly because of his contract legalities.

Say you love Billy, say you are happy that he is back with Florida, but please don't make him into an infallible person. It's an argument that requires blinders around the media these days.

I completely understand the fan loyalty, but you do have to admit that his actions have cost the Magic. Sure, the Magic are also guilty because they pursued him and bought into him wanting to coach for them, but Billy is no saint in all of this.

I don't understand the people here unwilling to admit Donovan did any wrong. I am sure he had no malicious intentions and it is refreshing to see a coach so committed to a program, but when people act like no one got hurt in this situation it is just refusing to read the newspaper. Even he admits that his waffling hurt the Florida fans initially, wrecked the Magic's PR, and more. Now it seems as if they will miss out on Stan Van Gundy partly because of his contract legalities.

Say you love Billy, say you are happy that he is back with Florida, but please don't make him into an infallible person. It's an argument that requires blinders around the media these days.

I never said the guy did not do anything wrong cause he did, But he is no where close to Nick Saban. He was wrong with what he did, But I don't think he is a liar, Bad person, or was in any mean doing this for any bad intent.

Report out from ESPN is that Stan Van Gundy will be the next coach for the Orlando Magic. Good choice for Stan and glad he went to a good team with solid pieces.

You patronizing me about reading? Are you serious? Surely you can't be, go read your earlier post, post #8 in this thread and read for yourself where you said "solid organizations".

You accuse me of a biased look at Orlando? That's laughable, as your analysis of the Heat is beyond rose colored.

Wow, first of all, great reply on a post where I typed up so much thought. :rolleyes2

Second of all, my bad. But even then, those organizations that I mentioned.. maybe two of them are struggling right now, but does that take away from the fact that they are solid NBA organizations to begin with?

Boston Celtics - 16 Championships
New York Knicks - 2 Championships
Detroit Pistons - 5 Championships
Miami Heat - 1 Championship

How can a few years of misery take away from Boston and New York as organizations? They are solid, prized organizations any way you want to look at it.

And, I'm biased when talking about the Heat? You've got me confused with a few others. I am the one who clashes with fellow Heat fans because I am objective as hell. You are being extremely biased if you can laugh @ those organizations being "solid" only to refer to the Orlando Magic who have never accomplished a thing in this league.

the magic will have cap space this summer. could land vince, rashard, or gerald wallace

Honestly, regardless of what has been said, I'd kill to see the Magic succeed in the present and future. I'm a Heat fan, but they are a Florida team so likewise, I will root for them as long as my team is no longer in contention. I like SVG as a person although I don't see him as a "winner" in that sense. I'm also a huge Dwight Howard fan.

1. Vince Carter - don't waste your money. He'll fill the seats and team up for some great regular seasons with Howard, but he is a prone loser. That guy is a loser, plain and simple. He will never touch an NBA Finals trophy. 30-years old now and looking to cash in one more time.. that's my view. Would I take him on my Heat? Hell yes, because he wouldn't be asked to win Playoff games in the clutch. But for the Magic who need a guy who can take games over, I don't like him much at all.

2. Rashard Lewis - he'd be a nice signing for Orlando. He's a perfect #2 option, but my thing is, how much do you spend on a guy like Rashard Lewis? Seattle looks like they will either re-sign him, or try and sign-and-trade, and I don't think Orlando has the pieces.

3. Gerald Wallace - great defender, developing offensive game. However, I don't think he fits exactly what Orlando needs to team up with Dwight Howard. They wouldn't compliment each other's game as well as a scorer would.

Personally, I think Orlando should target Chauncey Billups and try dealing Jameer Nelson for a young swingman. I'm not a big fan of Nelson's point guard skills being used correctly with a guy like Dwight Howard. He's not a passer.

Report out from ESPN is that Stan Van Gundy will be the next coach for the Orlando Magic. Good choice for Stan and glad he went to a good team with solid pieces.

Yep saw it too, was going to post it.

They also said, what will the Heat ask for in return, since he is still under contract.

Agree on all points.
I'm done with BD for now and in the spirit of support for our new coach SVG, will now move on.:D

Finally! :clap:

Watching him man up now on ESPN.
Sounds contrite like he's very sorry.
Sounds very convincing. Much like he did last Friday when he addressed the Orlando fans and media.

Whatever.

I will now remove my Billy Bail Sig and wish him the best through clenched teeth.:D

Watching him man up now on ESPN.
Sounds contrite like he's very sorry.
Sounds very convincing. Much like he did last Friday when he addressed the Orlando fans and media.

Whatever.

I will now remove my Billy Bail Sig and wish him the best through clenched teeth.:D
:hi5:

Back
Top Bottom