Binns out for year with torn ACL & MCL | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Binns out for year with torn ACL & MCL

Sarcasm?? The hawks gave up 3 draft picks (one of them a 1st this year), 67 million over 6 years, 25.5 guaranteed, for a VERY injury prone WR with migrane headache issues. The dolphins gave up NO draft picks and 60 mil over 5 years, for the fastest WR in the NFL. And oh by the way, it looks like Harvin might miss the season, which is a surprise to absolutely NO ONE EVER!!!!

yes, I was being sarcastic.

WRONG!!! We got TWO FAs and both were at times last year their team's #1. This allows our #1 from a year ago become a #2 and get a lot less attention. Add to that the weapons we have at TE and suddenly our passing game becomes a lot more dangerous. I guess in a perfect world we could have went out and signed Wallace, Bowe, AND Jennings but sorry, this isn't Madden.

Gibson? No.

See this quote? "Binns was all set to be this year's version of the Dolphins' annual pretend-good wideout,"

WRONG!!! We got TWO FAs and both were at times last year their team's #1. This allows our #1 from a year ago become a #2 and get a lot less attention. Add to that the weapons we have at TE and suddenly our passing game becomes a lot more dangerous. I guess in a perfect world we could have went out and signed Wallace, Bowe, AND Jennings but sorry, this isn't Madden.

who is asking for madden. keep bess draft a damn receiver. Love how u spin it into something I never said. Gibson is not a number one anywhere.

Re-examining Dolphins' depth at receiver

By James Walker | ESPN.com
RECOMMEND0TWEET3COMMENTS0EMAILPRINT
The Miami Dolphins suffered their first season-ending injury of training camp over weekend. Backup receiver Armon Binns landed awkwardly on his leg Sunday and suffered a torn ACL in his left knee.

Binns had a solid spring and made several plays during the first week of training camp. He was the early favorite for the No. 4 receiver job behind starters Mike Wallace, Brian Hartline and slot receiver Brandon Gibson. Binns caught 24 passes for 277 yards and a touchdown during his split time last season with Miami and the Cincinnati Bengals.

With Binns out, the backup receiver positions are wide open. The Dolphins are expected to keep five or six receivers on their 53-man roster. Wallace, Hartline and Gibson are the only locks, leaving as many as three spots remaining.

Here are the early candidates:

No. 1: Marvin McNutt

Skinny: McNutt has made the most big plays of all the backup receivers in camp, including Binns. McNutt now has the inside track to become one of Miami's top reserves at receiver.

No. 2: Rishard Matthews

Skinny: Matthews surprised Miami last year as a seventh-round draft pick. But a recent camp injury will result in missed time and put him behind the rest of the group.

No. 3: Jeff Fuller

Skinny: Binns' injury opens up a golden opportunity for a player like Fuller. He has good size and is a former college teammate of Dolphins quarterback Ryan Tannehill. However, Fuller remains inconsistent in camp.

No. 4: Brian Tyms

Skinny: He's a raw talent who flashed in the spring but has disappeared so far in training camp. Unless he produces big in preseason games, Tyms could be a practice-squad option.

No. 5: Jasper Collins

Skinny: The Dolphins like his ability to return kicks. But Collins hasn't done much in training camp as a receiver. That's probably not enough to make the 53-man roster.

Other candidates: Kenny Stafford, Chad Bumphis, Andrell Smith.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/61653/re-examining-miami-dolphins-depth-at-receiver

Re-examining Dolphins' depth at receiver

By James Walker | ESPN.com
RECOMMEND0TWEET3COMMENTS0EMAILPRINT
The Miami Dolphins suffered their first season-ending injury of training camp over weekend. Backup receiver Armon Binns landed awkwardly on his leg Sunday and suffered a torn ACL in his left knee.

Binns had a solid spring and made several plays during the first week of training camp. He was the early favorite for the No. 4 receiver job behind starters Mike Wallace, Brian Hartline and slot receiver Brandon Gibson. Binns caught 24 passes for 277 yards and a touchdown during his split time last season with Miami and the Cincinnati Bengals.

With Binns out, the backup receiver positions are wide open. The Dolphins are expected to keep five or six receivers on their 53-man roster. Wallace, Hartline and Gibson are the only locks, leaving as many as three spots remaining.

Here are the early candidates:

No. 1: Marvin McNutt

Skinny: McNutt has made the most big plays of all the backup receivers in camp, including Binns. McNutt now has the inside track to become one of Miami's top reserves at receiver.

No. 2: Rishard Matthews

Skinny: Matthews surprised Miami last year as a seventh-round draft pick. But a recent camp injury will result in missed time and put him behind the rest of the group.

No. 3: Jeff Fuller

Skinny: Binns' injury opens up a golden opportunity for a player like Fuller. He has good size and is a former college teammate of Dolphins quarterback Ryan Tannehill. However, Fuller remains inconsistent in camp.

No. 4: Brian Tyms

Skinny: He's a raw talent who flashed in the spring but has disappeared so far in training camp. Unless he produces big in preseason games, Tyms could be a practice-squad option.

No. 5: Jasper Collins

Skinny: The Dolphins like his ability to return kicks. But Collins hasn't done much in training camp as a receiver. That's probably not enough to make the 53-man roster.

Other candidates: Kenny Stafford, Chad Bumphis, Andrell Smith.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/61653/re-examining-miami-dolphins-depth-at-receiver

man is bumphis off the radar according to this...

As much as this stinks, I'd rather see this than look at finheaven and read "Wallace out for year...".

S happens, people. S happens.

Any regrets about should have drafted this guy or should have drafted that guy...first off I feel your pain because there were receivers I'd have loved to have in this draft, but secondly and most importantly, they have virtually nothing to do with Armon Binns.

Wishing we had a Stedman Bailey, Markus Wheaton or Quinton Patton (all three very good, all three available at very attractive places in the Draft) has a lot more to do with Brandon Gibson and in the longer term perhaps even Brian Hartline, than it does Armon Binns or Rishard Matthews. That's just my opinion.

I think there were other guys too. I took a shine to Marquise Goodwin but the Bills didn't really let him fall to an attractive spot in the draft. Bailey, Wheaton and Patton ended up more attractive. I dug Chris Harper but again the 4th round was about where he should have gone, and Denard Robinson at the top of the 5th round went about where he should have gone as well.

The values that really stood out to me were Stedman Bailey (St. Louis - late 3rd), Markus Wheaton (Pittsburgh - mid 3rd), Quinton Patton (San Fran - late 4th), Marquess Wilson (Chicago - late 7th), Mark Harrison (New England - UDFA), Da'Rick Rogers (Buffalo - UDFA) and Sam McGuffie (Oakland - UDFA).

I'm not saying all of those guys are going to be stars...but I will say that had we secured any of them, I would feel better at the position.

I did end up with Ryan Swope on my list but with a medical red flag which to me is an admission that I have no idea (because I don't have access to doctors who have access to his medical records) to what extent we need to be scared of his concussions, but if I'm taking that issue aside he's a player I would like to have. Also had attitude red flags for Da'Rick Rogers and Marquess Wilson, which again is an admission that I don't have the full 411 on the extent of their issues and if I were to receive that information I could easily see myself wiping them off the board but until I do, they stay.

And ... Here ... We ... Go ... First Jerry now Binns. Please God no more injuries like these. My biggest fear is our hopeful season ending before it starts because of injuries.

man is bumphis off the radar according to this...

Saw this today

“Bumphis has really come along a little bit,” Philbin said. “He’s kind of a craftier receiver, not as big as those other guys, but has found a way to get open versus various coverages and he’s caught the ball better.

“Collins is a young guy we think has some of those similar skills, more like Chad than those other guys. He’s quick, he understands coverages, he has good hands, he catches the ball with his hands.”

not a lot but at least he got a mention!

Saw this today

“Bumphis has really come along a little bit,” Philbin said. “He’s kind of a craftier receiver, not as big as those other guys, but has found a way to get open versus various coverages and he’s caught the ball better.

“Collins is a young guy we think has some of those similar skills, more like Chad than those other guys. He’s quick, he understands coverages, he has good hands, he catches the ball with his hands.”

not a lot but at least he got a mention!

crafty is a good way to describe bumphis...plays smart also...polished

And ... Here ... We ... Go ... First Jerry now Binns. Please God no more injuries like these. My biggest fear is our hopeful season ending before it starts because of injuries.

I agree about, "please no more injuries."

But John Jerry will be back in a few weeks according to Armando. I bet by that time though, it's as a backup.

McNutt will be our number 4. They guy has amazing size 6'4" and 4.5 speed. He had a 3.25 gpa and a 20 on his ACTs scores. He became Iowa's all-time leader in receiving touchdowns so he knows how to work in the redzone. I was stoked that the Eagles let him go and we swooped in and got him...Wath the kid catch a footbal also, it's all hands....

Still sucks to lose Binns but it shows we have depth at the position and youth...

Back
Top Bottom