Binns out for year with torn ACL & MCL | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Binns out for year with torn ACL & MCL

Every damn year we have an up and coming youngster who suffers a catastrophic injury. It sucks because Binns will probably never be the same again

---------- Post added at 09:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 PM ----------

I wanted us to draft McNutt so I was happy as hell when we signed him. I watched him at the U of Iowa and liked what I saw.

Another reason why you just need to keep working hard and not worry about your current situation. Things can change so quickly. On Friday Bumphis, Collins and Tyms were very long shots to make the roster and tonight there's a good opportunity for one of them to make the team.

Same here on Marvin McNutt, I'm a Buckeye fan and I know he was a tough wideout. Sucks big time for Binns but the move to get Mcnutt should work out. He just needs the reps. We will know soon enough

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 4 Beta

1. Feel horrible for Binns. It sounded like he was really working hard and starting to emerge as a guy who could surprise a lot of people in the league.

2. This is a tough blow to our depth. Matthews is going to need to be healthy. We need him to progress. I always liked Matthews as a guy who could develop into a nice player in this system. Honestly I see some Greg Jennings in him. I just hope he only plays like Jennings and dosent run his mouth the same way.

3. Door wide open for Bumphis and McNutt to step up and earn themselves some serious cash. The #4 job is wide open. This gives these players to earn not just a spot on the roster, but a spot that makes them counted on to contribute. If a guy steps in and does a nice job in such a role, he can make some plays out there this season and parlay it into a decent contract.

4. Lets not count out some of these other guys either. But, the reality is that if one of these guys dosent step in and not only take the job, but prove they can make good out of it, the phins may be scrambling for some veteran talent to add. The problem there is other teams are already losing key WRs and there will be a market for guys who can play but do not have jobs.

This is all just more reason WE SHOULD HAVE DRAFTED STEDMAN BAILEY like I told Ireland to instead of going cornfed in round 3. I can never get this guy to fully listen. He listened a little this year by at least waiting till round 3 for cornfed, but Bailey was an absolute steal in that round. We needed more young talent at the position.

Poor guy. Sounded like the lights were kinda coming on for him. Too bad Matthews is out now too and can't have a shot in camp

1. Feel horrible for Binns. It sounded like he was really working hard and starting to emerge as a guy who could surprise a lot of people in the league.

2. This is a tough blow to our depth. Matthews is going to need to be healthy. We need him to progress. I always liked Matthews as a guy who could develop into a nice player in this system. Honestly I see some Greg Jennings in him. I just hope he only plays like Jennings and dosent run his mouth the same way.

3. Door wide open for Bumphis and McNutt to step up and earn themselves some serious cash. The #4 job is wide open. This gives these players to earn not just a spot on the roster, but a spot that makes them counted on to contribute. If a guy steps in and does a nice job in such a role, he can make some plays out there this season and parlay it into a decent contract.

4. Lets not count out some of these other guys either. But, the reality is that if one of these guys dosent step in and not only take the job, but prove they can make good out of it, the phins may be scrambling for some veteran talent to add. The problem there is other teams are already losing key WRs and there will be a market for guys who can play but do not have jobs.

This is all just more reason WE SHOULD HAVE DRAFTED STEDMAN BAILEY like I told Ireland to instead of going cornfed in round 3. I can never get this guy to fully listen. He listened a little this year by at least waiting till round 3 for cornfed, but Bailey was an absolute steal in that round. We needed more young talent at the position.
I'd agree, mostly, but if dallas starts at guard, and our line actually improves, then that part of the 3rd round was a good choice.

Yup.

Can you imagine what happens if Mike Wallace gets hurt?

Yup.

Can you imagine what happens if Mike Wallace gets hurt?

i can tell ya...teams gameplan us a WHOLE hells of a lot different...wallace is one of the 3 most must have players for us this season...along with tannehill and cam wake...any of em go down for significant time we screwed

That's football guys. Sorry for Binns but it's next man up.

Mathews made the team last year partly because Hartline was out and he got his chance to shine in the exhibition games.
Hopefully Bumphis , McNutt or someone else steps it up now.

I'm rooting for Bump for obvious reasons :up:

Feel bad for Binns.

For the team, I hope it sparks something in one of the rookies and/or Matthews.

I think Binns would have been a spot contributor this season, but it still sucks.

Can we please burn that #19 jersey?

Some youngster MUST step up now. Kenny Stafford? Brian Tyms? Bumphis? This is a huge opportunity for one of them to step forward and make a push to make the team.

I hope that any one (or more) of the players mentioned steps it up. Let's see what happens in the preseason.

(Are you the type that believes that things happen for a reason?) :idk:

Regardless if you do/don't, it really sucks that Binns is out for the year. :smad:

Feel bad for Binns.

For the team, I hope it sparks something in one of the rookies and/or Matthews.

I think Binns would have been a spot contributor this season, but it still sucks.

maybe DEEEEEEZZZZZZ Nuttsssss steps up and contributes this year .

Back
Top Bottom