Binns out for year with torn ACL & MCL | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Binns out for year with torn ACL & MCL

I'll miss Binns, but I feel funny seeing people here freak out over losing a number 4 or 5 receiver when teams are losing starting centers, guards, tight ends and receivers.

Pretty much the same scenario from preseason last year. Their is 1, possibly 2, receiving spots open now and someone needs to go out there and take it. Last year nobody did that, and I hope this year will be different.

Thank god we actually have some depth this year but we are barely a week into training camp...hopefully this is the last major injury we see this preseason

god damnit. was pumped about Binns. he is still a baby, though. hope he can come back next year and compete.

Thank god we actually have some depth this year but we are barely a week into training camp...hopefully this is the last major injury we see this preseason

Well instead of being two deep at wr we are now three deep sort of but no real depth here unless Matthews steps up

I'll miss Binns, but I feel funny seeing people here freak out over losing a number 4 or 5 receiver when teams are losing starting centers, guards, tight ends and receivers.

It's not freaking out, it's called empathy. You hate to see a hard-working guy go down when he's trying to scratch and claw his way to success. It's a tragedy that someone like this is defeated by an injury when they deserve it more than lucky punks like A.Hernandez that would ruin their careers by their own volition.

What the Hell is happening to our receivers this season?

This really sucks but at the same time something just hit me. Think back to last year this time, and see how far we've come. Last year this time Hartline was still in the hospital and was fighting for his life, we had Bess who was a slot WR and he was looking at being one of our starters, and no one knew who the other was going to be. Legadu was the leading contender to be the other starter if Hartline didn't get back, and we had about 7 other WRs who were at best 5s and 6s.

This year we have the top 3 penciled in, and the 4th coming into TC was Mathews, with Binns outplaying him so far. We lose Binns but are still worlds better than we were last year at this time. Interesting to see our growth at the position. Hats off to Jeff, good job.

This really sucks but at the same time something just hit me. Think back to last year this time, and see how far we've come. Last year this time Hartline was still in the hospital and was fighting for his life, we had Bess who was a slot WR and he was looking at being one of our starters, and no one knew who the other was going to be. Legadu was the leading contender to be the other starter if Hartline didn't get back, and we had about 7 other WRs who were at best 5s and 6s.

This year we have the top 3 penciled in, and the 4th coming into TC was Mathews, with Binns outplaying him so far. We lose Binns but are still worlds better than we were last year at this time. Interesting to see our growth at the position. Hats off to Jeff, good job.

our growth is we went out and got the highest paid free agent to play receiver outside of that we have same as last year. We should have drafted a guy to develop

at least Miami didn't overspend for percy harvin...oh wait, seattle didn't overspend, only Miami. lol
Percy Harvin may need surgery on his hip...or didn't you hear? Dumb statement.

Anyway this presents an opportunity for another receiver to step up...that 5th WR spot just got interesting.

Percy Harvin may need surgery on his hip...or didn't you hear? Dumb statement.

Anyway this presents an opportunity for another receiver to step up...that 5th WR spot just got interesting.

yeah, I know. that was my point. at least we didn't get percy. if we had, we would have overspent (unlike the seahawks). and then ended up with an injured, highly paid player. so it wasn't a dumb statement.

our growth is we went out and got the highest paid free agent to play receiver outside of that we have same as last year. We should have drafted a guy to develop

WRONG!!! We got TWO FAs and both were at times last year their team's #1. This allows our #1 from a year ago become a #2 and get a lot less attention. Add to that the weapons we have at TE and suddenly our passing game becomes a lot more dangerous. I guess in a perfect world we could have went out and signed Wallace, Bowe, AND Jennings but sorry, this isn't Madden.

at least Miami didn't overspend for percy harvin...oh wait, seattle didn't overspend, only Miami. lol

Sarcasm?? The hawks gave up 3 draft picks (one of them a 1st this year), 67 million over 6 years, 25.5 guaranteed, for a VERY injury prone WR with migrane headache issues. The dolphins gave up NO draft picks and 60 mil over 5 years, for the fastest WR in the NFL. And oh by the way, it looks like Harvin might miss the season, which is a surprise to absolutely NO ONE EVER!!!!

Back
Top Bottom