Binns out for year with torn ACL & MCL | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Binns out for year with torn ACL & MCL

The start of the season will still be Wallace, Hartline, Gibson and Matthews. We just need somebody like McNutt to step up and give us some depth now. We're fine.

Binns and MAtthews were potential role players rather than just pure depth, they really a loss especially if both are out

Last edited by a moderator:
Watch if Jasper Collins gets more reps and shows well. Good player.

ill take stokely.

why??? you've got multiple slot options right now in camp with gibson and thigpen in a pinch...and other guys who will likely get more reps there in collins and bumphis...if anything i would be looking for a size guy to play the boundary and help in the red zone...but the problem is the streets are loaded with big bodies that can't separate at the pro level...loaded

marvin mcnutt at iowa was a lot like jeff fuller at a & m...couldn't separate and get off coverage and lack the speed and burst to threaten dbs deep...there's no real respect factor there...of the two mcnutts probably a better option in the red but his kryptonite will be top 3 nfl corners in man coverage and press...i think they'll be in his hip all day long...more off coverage and zone looks he sees the better he looks...you do him a favor in em...i don't think he's long for this league unless some things have really changed in an offseason...

Binns is a tougn loss. I think the team felt he would be a solid contributor. I hope he heals up and returns next year.
The only silver lining is that it is still early and it will open the door for another WR.
The team might be looking for a solid veteran at cut down if one of the guys we have cannot step up.

Now Mando is kind of saying they will go young.

Armando Salguero ‏@ArmandoSalguero 5m
Dolphins will likely be looking at younger WR type once Binns goes on IR. Remember, WRs No. 4 and 5 have to play special teams. too.

it's odd he says that cause i don't recall binns and mathews playing much specials last year...or being impact players in that regard...

Wow, horrible news for the guy. For a fringe guy like that, could be career ending.

Damn these season enders are getting ridiculous.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nah, I don't think Binns was going to be a role player at all. I think he would have gotten some mop up time when other guys were tired. We'd have Thigpen and a few TE's out there in the slot before Binns would've got played. He was depth.

if i'm a fringe te like a michael egnew or a kyle miller i'm feeling better about my chances right about now...i know that much...different positon but at some point you say to yourself is my 4th and 5th te options better if i have to go them than my 5th and 6th wrs...

that remains to be seen but the opportunity to make the 53 for those two just got better...i'd say

one other thing...i think miami could cut mcnutt and him still be on the streets if and when we needed to add another wr this season...i'm not sure if someone wouldn't claim egnew to kick the tires with him and maybe develop him as a flex option and potential red zone player who doesn't care if he can block or not...

if miami believes that kid can be a red zone option given they don't have many at wr especially i would be thinking long and hard about cutting weight...and i say that as a guy who's not a fan of the kid but just calling it like i see it...you cut mcnutt you got a hell of a shot he's there if you need him you cut egnew and someone else kicks the tires

I believe it's time to bust a McNutt! This guy was good at Iowa. I believe he set records. Saw him play a couple of times and was impressed. Here's hoping one of them can produce...

I believe it's time to bust a McNutt! This guy was good at Iowa. I believe he set records. Saw him play a couple of times and was impressed. Here's hoping one of them can produce...

Are you nutty for McNutt??

Losing Binns was much like when we cut Nanee not a big loss. Shame for him though because he had a good chance to make roster.
Would be nice if Collins or Bumphis steps up

Back
Top Bottom