Binns out for year with torn ACL & MCL | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Binns out for year with torn ACL & MCL

I was dubious Binns was going to live up to this early hype but it still sucks for him, though if it makes it more likely Rishard Matthews survives the cut downs then it might turn out to be a better thing for the team long term, as I think he has a much brighter future than Binns.

I agree with hoops that Jeff Fuller is terrible. He is just too goddamn stiff. Like a board. Marvin McNutt never impressed me at Iowa, though he has a leg up given his college offensive coordinator in Ken O'Keefe is our wide receivers coach. I expected Chad Bumphis to flash early on but he hasn't at all, apparently, though of course it's early. The guy I think has a chance here is Jasper Collins. He's a bit whispy for the kind of slot player this coaching staff seems to like but he's got some definite skills. Excellent hands, crisp routes, good enough speed. I'm more intrigued to see what he's got than a guy like Brian Tyms, tbh. Thigpen is a natural playmaker but he was a college running back iirc so he's a neophyte to playing wide receiver.

The key though is Rishard Matthews. If he had torn something I think we'd know by now. Given the time frame on his return it sounds like a high ankle sprain, though that's a complete guess on my part. If it was a groin pull or something like that I'd think he'd be on an exercise bike at practice. That's usually the drill for those guys.

Fuller was one of Tannehill's favorite targets at Texas A & M. He's nice and big. How has he been going at training camp?
Presumably, Sherman knows exactly what he has in Fuller. If they don't give him many reps, then he's likely to be cut.

The #4 receiver has to be okay at least. He is one injury away from playing.

Feel bad for the player. That's a tough injury that must feel demoralizing. As for the team Binns filled the niche of a receiver with some length. I suppose McNutt can step up and fill that role but he is a bit stiff. Who knows, maybe he's improved I suppose. If he can't be trusted for the 53 look for someone to be picked up in that 6'3 vein. We need at least one receiver with some good length who plays tall and big for red zone and tight quarters. Hartline might be 6'2 but he doesn't play that way.

Last edited by a moderator:
The dolphins should banned anyone from wearing number 19. I mean i really believe that number is cursed. Hope binns makes a full recovery and be back stronger next year.

Now Mando is kind of saying they will go young.

Armando Salguero ‏@ArmandoSalguero 5m
Dolphins will likely be looking at younger WR type once Binns goes on IR. Remember, WRs No. 4 and 5 have to play special teams. too.

I would go Wallace, Hartline, Gibson, Thigpen and McNutt.

Mix in some double TE sets could help some.

Crap :-(

---------- Post added at 09:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 PM ----------

The dolphins should banned anyone from wearing number 19. I mean i really believe that number is cursed. Hope binns makes a full recovery and be back stronger next year.

Yep......#19 (for da Phinz) is starting to look cursed :-(

The start of the season will still be Wallace, Hartline, Gibson and Matthews. We just need somebody like McNutt to step up and give us some depth now. We're fine.

It will be interesting what "several weeks" means for Matthews.

Back
Top Bottom