Bokamper: Ross was LIVID in the press box | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bokamper: Ross was LIVID in the press box

download-1.jpg
download-1.jpg
Bobb Ross would be better!

No he won't.

It's not the way that guy does things.

It's admirable, really. You don't see much loyalty today. He's one of the old breed.

They all it a dying breed lol. He should be more loyal to the actual team ad fan base than to his bad choice of a coach

I actually like Hickey, i want Hickey to stay. Hickey isnt coaching and putting these players in position to fail. Hickey (or tannenbaum) signed Suh who was a force in Detroit and this coaching staff makes him ineffective. Hickey has added Devante Parker who is a legit receiver and Philbin and Lazor barely put him on the field. Jarvis Landry was drafted by Hickey and hes the only guy on the team who seems to give a damn. He has drafted some good players and brought some in but this coaching staff doesnt know how to use players to their strengths, they try to fit a square peg in a round hole. Good coaches ask their players to do what they do well and try to put their players in position to succeed and make plays. I like what Hickey has done in his limited time here and i would retain him unless we get a big name coach that wants his GM but if we are going to hire a no name guy with no real HC resume i would like to retain Hickey because i do like what he has done but i do not like the coaches. They dont develop the talent we have they actually do the opposite, they ruin players.

The problem with keeping anyone, be that Hickey or Tannenbaum, is that once again it handcuffs our decision on the next head coach. Some coaches just won't come into situations where there is an existing hierarchy.

They all it a dying breed lol. He should be more loyal to the actual team ad fan base than to his bad choice of a coach
He signed a contract with a person because he believed in him.

I'd think most people would enjoy that confidence and cheer it.

I know Ross's sort, and I've had more than one chance taken on me when
I screwed up. I think it's an admirable trait.

Were you coaching a billion dollar NFL franchise at the time?

I'm just glad Joe Robbie wasn't that sort or he would have stuck with George Wilson and shula would never have ended up here

Were you coaching a billion dollar NFL franchise at the time?

No. Just a multi million dollar service provider contract.

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

I'm just glad Joe Robbie wasn't that sort or he would have stuck with George Wilson and shula would never have ended up here

Well, you don't know that for sure. That's just supposition.

If you don't think loyalty is a good trait, I understand, but
I'm not interested in supposition.

No he won't.

It's not the way that guy does things.

It's admirable, really. You don't see much loyalty today. He's one of the old breed.

You created yourself an out and you came back in. You sir, are a glutton for punishment. I commend you.

No. Just a multi million dollar service provider contract.

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

Well, you don't know that for sure. That's just supposition.

If you don't think loyalty is a good trait, I understand, but
I'm not interested in supposition.

Its a fact if Wilson had been retained we would not have hired Shula, thats not supposition.
Loyalty is a good trait, but loyalty is something that is earned.
Loyalty can be a very bad trait if you are so loyal to a person that you sink the whole enterprise.
As a soldier Im not going to keep sending a guy out in charge that never gets the job done, Im doing a disservice to everyone else thats on the team by doing that.
Will people make mistakes and sometimes you stick with them yes, but every damn year the same mistakes.

You created yourself an out and you came back in. You sir, are a glutton for punishment. I commend you.

I don't understand what you are talking about.

---------- Post added at 05:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 PM ----------

Its a fact if Wilson had been retained we would not have hired Shula, thats not supposition.
Loyalty is a good trait, but loyalty is something that is earned.
Loyalty can be a very bad trait if you are so loyal to a person that you sink the whole enterprise.
As a soldier Im not going to keep sending a guy out in charge that never gets the job done, Im doing a disservice to everyone else thats on the team by doing that.
Will people make mistakes and sometimes you stick with them yes, but every damn year the same mistakes.
That's not true.

You don't know how things will break down when they haven't happened.

That's just making up stuff.

---------- Post added at 05:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 PM ----------

That's not true.

You don't know how things will break down when they haven't happened.

That's just making up stuff.

When what hasnt happened ? Philbin hasnt got the job done one friggin season, all he needed to do was win two very winnable games and we are in playoffs. Now we have been outplayed 4 weeks in a row but he should be loyal only to his head coach that is once again doing a bad job.
If you were referring to Wilson, explain to me how he could have been loyal and kept Wilson and yet hired Shula at the same time?

There have been way, way, too many of those in the last few years than I
can handle, and that one was the last.

I'd already begun pushing away from the table in the last few years emotionally,
separating myself from the team....Which sucks. It's such a part of my youth, and
life.

Now, it's kinda one of those things where the main character on "Hurt Locker"
talked to his kid about.

I can't invest in this team any more.

I'm sure you're cheering that on as well, despite Ross essentially screwing up again. Oh wait, no, you just Literally, publicly gave up all emotional investment in the team, lol.
Nice Guy =/= Smart, not in the NFL world. Ross is seeing the fruits of his extended trust in Joe, and it's not a pretty sight. Not for him, not for any of us.

Back
Top Bottom