Bokamper suggest Dolphin could trade Ricky | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bokamper suggest Dolphin could trade Ricky

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
Guys Im just the messenger, but tonight on channel 4 Bo was talking about the runningback position and how nice Lex has looked. He said Ricky is getting slower and it would not surprise him if they traded him. He also said for that to happen the organization would have to be extremely sold on Lex & make sure he is not a Chris Williams.

Guys Miami has a real nice headache at RB and if Lex keeps showing up they will have to hide him on the Roster similiar to how they did last year with Murphy.

Truth is Ricky wants to retire after this year and Lex could be something special.

If we can get decent value for Ricky then I say we trade him, I really don't wanna cut him, but I'd like to keep room on the roster for Hilliard too. It's gonna be tough for people to have their cake and eat it too in this situation.

I think it is a bit too early to say that Lex could be "something special". I remember there was a 3rd string RB who did some thing in the preseason back in 2003 or so that had people saying the same thing and now I don't even remember his name. As for trading Ricky, I just don't see how you could get value for him. Ricky is guaranteed to flake out on any team he doesn't feel comfortable in. He would just retire on them and we would probably lose the pick since there would likely be language in the deal to reflect that. I just don't see it happening. Ricky is worth more to us now than any pick we would likely get for him.

And I am not sure what game Bo was watching, but Ricky looked as quick as ever in the last two preseason games.

I dont really see how Ricky is slowing down. Seems like he has been running pretty hard from what I have seen. That being said I would like to keep Lex to replace Ricky for when he retires, but if Ricky does want to retire this year I doubt he will want to move in his last year and the FO really likes him and his work ethic. If they were to trade him I think Ricky would probably just retire yearly vs having to move to a new team for just a year. Plus it would be hard to see him in another jersey then a phin #34.

I don't believe Ricky would play for anyone else at this stage of his career....he ain't no horse....He proved that the last time someone ran him too hard (He walked away from the game)!!! Ricky grew up here...literally. He ain't going nowhere! JMO

This is what I think Miami final roster will look like.

QB: Pennington, Henne, White

RB: Brown, Ricky, Cobbs, Lex

FB: Polite

WR: Ginn, Bess, Camarillo, Turner, Hartline, London

TE: Fasano, Martin, Nalbone

OL: Long Gardner, Smiley Alleman, Grove Berger, Thomas Murphy, Carey

DE: Langford, Mcdaniel

DE: Starks, Merling, Dotson

DT: Ferguson Soliai

OLB: JT, Anderson, Roth ( Possible PUP)

MLB: Crowder,Akin, Torbor

OLB: Porter, Wake, Moses

CB: Allen, Smith, Davis, Jones, Allen

FS: Wilson, Clemons

SS: Bell, Culver

K: Carpenter

P: Fields

As you can see Ricky & Lex are both in

Ricky isn't going anywhere . . . we will keep 4 RB's or cut Lex . . . its very simple.

Ricky will not depart the team this year for any reason. I would like to keep Lex, like most of us, on the actual team. If he is on the practice squad he will be taken, like parmalee a year ago. I think we will keep him and place him under FB and release someone else in another position, probably OLB, or place on PS. Ricky knows the wildcat and is a major part of it, do not forget that.

They will run the ball a lot this year. So you need as many good backs as you can have.

God forbid Ronnie gets hurt, then what ? You are going to rely solely on Patrick Cobbs and a practice squad guy who had a couple of nice runs against Carolina's 3rd team defense ?

Are you joking ?

This is what I think Miami final roster will look like.

DT: Ferguson Soliai

OLB: JT, Anderson, Roth ( Possible PUP)

As you can see Ricky & Lex are both in

looks ok but who is are long snapper? may have to take off london to make room for the long snapper, whose name i cant think of right now.

there is no way ricky is slowin down...the man hits the outside so hard and fast. he has alot left in the tank, and if ronnie goes down he is the only one that could keep things rolling. lex looks good and all but if we lose him we can always find another one.

They will run the ball a lot this year. So you need as many good backs as you can have.

God forbid Ronnie gets hurt, then what ? You are going to rely solely on Patrick Cobbs and a practice squad guy who had a couple of nice runs against Carolina's 3rd team defense ?

Are you joking ?

Sounds like a repeat of 2004...

*shudders*

looks ok but who is are long snapper? may have to take off london to make room for the long snapper, whose name i cant think of right now.

there is no way ricky is slowin down...the man hits the outside so hard and fast. he has alot left in the tank, and if ronnie goes down he is the only one that could keep things rolling. lex looks good and all but if we lose him we can always find another one.

I totally forgot about Denney I'll edit it. Here it is:

DT: Ferguson, Soliai

OLB: JT, Anderson,

LS: John Denney

Roth goes PUP or IR or London gets Axed

Think he sticks, Check out my roster and tell me what you think?

I think it is going to come to special teams whether we keep 4) or we keep 6 WR. Sparano is smart he will keep the best guy.

Side bar: I am soooo happy this is our biggest discussing this offseason. It amazes me how far this team has come in one season.

Back
Top Bottom