Bokamper suggest Dolphin could trade Ricky | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bokamper suggest Dolphin could trade Ricky

Keep Hilliard!! A team can never have enough runningbacks anyway. Sparano said he likes the way Lex squares his shoulders and runs downhill. Come on Lex, we're rooting for ya!!! These last 2 games, Hilliard is running just like he did at Montana. He is physical and just punishes tacklers

Yes that is exactly what I see happening.

London just hasn't done it. He needed to have a great camp and a great preseason and he hasn't done that. He'll be a tough cut, but schematically Ernest Wilford is more interesting. It's not the best 53, it's the right 53.

London has STs value, for sure. But some other guys are showing up with some STs value. Hilliard has looked good there. Wake has looked good. Jason Allen continued to look good there before he got the flu. I think Chris Clemons might have some upside there. Charlie Anderson really showed something there causing that fumble. We know Pat Cobbs can play there. They like Brian Hartline to play on most of the STs units.

The combination of Hartline and Turner might have made London less valuable.

To facilitate roster room for Hilliard, how about trading David Martin and keeping Fasano, Nalbone or Haynos, with Wilford as the third TE and 6th WR . Not sure if either of Nalbone / Haynos has shown enough promise in camp but it would be nice to keep one of the young TE's (without having to keep 4 TE's)

If you subscribe to the theory that Wilford's issues have been more about his lack of playing time and improper use rather than his lack of skills or work ethic, it makes sense that the team would still have faith in him...

To facilitate roster room for Hilliard, how about trading David Martin and keeping Fasano, Nalbone or Haynos, with Wilford as the third TE and 6th WR . Not sure if either of Nalbone / Haynos has shown enough promise in camp but it would be nice to keep one of the young TE's (without having to keep 4 TE's)

If you subscribe to the theory that Wilford's issues have been more about his lack of playing time and improper use rather than his lack of skills or work ethic, it makes sense that the team would still have faith in him...

it's absolutely doable to keep Hilliard on the 53-man roster.

that's

3 QBs
9 OL
4 RBs
1 FB
3 TEs
5 WRs

25 for offense

5 DEs
2 NTs
9 LBs
9 DBs

that's 25 for defense
add 3 more STers and that's 53

Looks to me like the WildCat may have helped Ricky more than anyone.

Unfortunately, Lex will end up getting picked up by someone cus we aint tradin ricky. He is too much a part of what we do and is still fast in open field. Behind a line with Thomas he will be great.

Yeah, I almost fell out of my chair when he said that... I think Lex is a very good player I just don't think you let the still elite Ricky Williams go...We would regret doing that

This is what I think Miami final roster will look like.

QB: Pennington, Henne, White

RB: Brown, Ricky, Cobbs, Lex

FB: Polite

WR: Ginn, Bess, Camarillo, Turner, Hartline, London

TE: Fasano, Martin, Nalbone

OL: Long Gardner, Smiley Alleman, Grove Berger, Thomas Murphy, Carey

DE: Langford, Mcdaniel

DE: Starks, Merling, Dotson

DT: Ferguson Soliai

OLB: JT, Anderson, Roth ( Possible PUP)

MLB: Crowder,Akin, Torbor

OLB: Porter, Wake, Moses

CB: Allen, Smith, Davis, Jones, Allen

FS: Wilson, Clemons

SS: Bell, Culver

K: Carpenter

P: Fields

As you can see Ricky & Lex are both in

Here is my take

QB: Pennington, Henne, White

RB: Brown, Ricky, Cobbs, Lex

FB: Not Polite(maybe that backup Kid or another FA)

WR: Ginn, Bess, Camarillo, Turner, Hartline,

TE: Fasano, Martin, Haynos

OL: Long Gardner, Smiley Alleman, Grove Berger, Thomas Murphy, Carey,(FA)

DE: Langford, Mcdaniel

DE: Starks, Merling, Dotson

DT: Ferguson Soliai

OLB: JT, Anderson, Roth ( Possible PUP)

MLB: Crowder,Akin, Torbor

OLB: Porter, Wake, Moses

CB: Allen, Smith, Davis, Jones, Allen

FS: Wilson, Clemons

SS: Bell, Culver

K: Carpenter

P: Fields

Practice Squad: Nalbone, possibly Armstrong or C Williams. IF they dont pick up another FA OL then I would venture to say C Williams might make the roster if he rebounds over the next 2 weeks.

the team is high on Ricky, but you know they also have no problem getting rid of the older guys to keep the young players...

I would like to keep Ricky and lex ideally, just not sure the #'s work out that way....why is everyone assuming Haynos gets a roster spot?? From the little bit I've seen, Nalbone is a superior blocker compared to Haynos.

I would like to keep Ricky and lex ideally, just not sure the #'s work out that way....why is everyone assuming Haynos gets a roster spot?? From the little bit I've seen, Nalbone is a superior blocker compared to Haynos.
Beacuse Nalbone is still raw and can be hidden on our PS. I dont think Haynos is eligible for PS anymore. I could be wrong.
Chubbs

Im just saying Haynos blocking leaves a lot to be desired....we're talking about the 3rd TE, who when he does get into a game will be used primarily as a blocker. I'd rather take Nalbone.

Beacuse Nalbone is still raw and can be hidden on our PS. I dont think Haynos is eligible for PS anymore. I could be wrong.
Chubbs

why hide Nalbone when he's already the better player? we're not doing ourselves a favor in keeping an inferior player because we can't stash him on the PS anymore.

Back
Top Bottom