Bokamper suggest Dolphin could trade Ricky | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bokamper suggest Dolphin could trade Ricky

This is what I think Miami final roster will look like.

QB: Pennington, Henne, White

RB: Brown, Ricky, Cobbs, Lex

FB: Polite

WR: Ginn, Bess, Camarillo, Turner, Hartline, London

TE: Fasano, Martin, Nalbone

OL: Long Gardner, Smiley Alleman, Grove Berger, Thomas Murphy, Carey

DE: Langford, Mcdaniel

DE: Starks, Merling, Dotson

DT: Ferguson Soliai

OLB: JT, Anderson, Roth ( Possible PUP)

MLB: Crowder,Akin, Torbor

OLB: Porter, Wake, Moses

CB: Allen, Smith, Davis, Jones, Allen

FS: Wilson, Clemons

SS: Bell, Culver

K: Carpenter

P: Fields

As you can see Ricky & Lex are both in
Might want to recount. You have 53 and didn't list Denney. Also, I don't think they will keep 4 RBs and 6 WRs and only 3 ILB's.

I would be very disappointed if we let go of Ricky. It would be the biggest mistake thus far by our current front office.

I think they like Ricky a whole lot and wouldn't part with him cheap. But, if someone ponies up, then he's gone.

I don't see them trading Cobbs or Hilliard. I think they roster both.

I think they like Ricky a whole lot and wouldn't part with him cheap. But, if someone ponies up, then he's gone.

I don't see them trading Cobbs or Hilliard. I think they roster both.

Honestly I couldn't see us doing it for less than a 4th, but like Greyboy pointed out . . . do we really want to risk trading Ricky when Ronnie really hasn't shown that he can carry the load for a full season (last year it was obvious they didn't pound him being that he was recovering from the ACL).

I think all 4 guys make the roster.

FinAtic, I'm with you on that final 53 prediction. However, if Roth doesnt end up on the PUP, it might be Dotson getting cut over London. London's ST prowess cannot be overlooked, and Dotson has been pretty invisible. Then again, this team values linemen and doesnt like to just give away serviceable ones, so maybe Dotson stays and Brandon goes. Either way, to me, those two are #52 and #53.

I think Wilford still has a good chance of making this team. I really believe they have something in mind for him as far as how they're going to use him.

I would honestly not be surprised to see Wilford kept over Brandon London.

CK, could the team keep 5 WRs, 3 TEs and Wilford? For instance, could they keep Ginn, Bess, Camarillo, Hartline, Turner, Fasano, Martin, Nalbone/Haynos and Ernest? Ernest would act as the "sixth WR" that some people have in their projected 53. I guess his lack of ST ability is working against him in this case, since the team may see Brandon London as a more valuable sixth wideout.

Yes they could, but to keep Wilford they would have to let a very good ST player go.

CK, could the team keep 5 WRs, 3 TEs and Wilford? For instance, could they keep Ginn, Bess, Camarillo, Hartline, Turner, Fasano, Martin, Nalbone/Haynos and Ernest? Ernest would act as the "sixth WR" that some people have in their projected 53. I guess his lack of ST ability is working against him in this case, since the team may see Brandon London as a more valuable sixth wideout.

Yes that is exactly what I see happening.

London just hasn't done it. He needed to have a great camp and a great preseason and he hasn't done that. He'll be a tough cut, but schematically Ernest Wilford is more interesting. It's not the best 53, it's the right 53.

London has STs value, for sure. But some other guys are showing up with some STs value. Hilliard has looked good there. Wake has looked good. Jason Allen continued to look good there before he got the flu. I think Chris Clemons might have some upside there. Charlie Anderson really showed something there causing that fumble. We know Pat Cobbs can play there. They like Brian Hartline to play on most of the STs units.

The combination of Hartline and Turner might have made London less valuable.

You have to pre-suppose that HILLIARD's the real deal. If so, he makes the team. I can see MIAMI trading COBBS if someone comes here and asks. When RB went down, COBBS had the chance to be MIAMI's everydown HB. Remember what happened? He bombed... and barely 3 yards/carry won't cut it. He may just not be big enough to fit PARCELLS' formula for an everydown HB. And, while it would cost MIAMI its "change of pace" HB, keeping a for-real HILLIARD would help MIAMI's power running attack more.

That being said, I feel that if MIAMI's new WRs also turn out to be for real, MIAMI will try to trade or cut CAMARILLO, rather than any LB. Nor will they "go light" in the OL: we saw what THAT could lead to last season. And they can't really afford to cut S/T standouts: they need MORE of those, not less.

So, as I see it, it's presently DOTSON, (unless he clears waivers and go to the P/S) CAMARILLO, ARMSTRONG, and WILFORD who are competitive players facing "The Turk"/being trade bait, w/ROTH looking at P-U-P. Only after that will COBBS/HILLIARD be addressed, and I think that it's COBBS who will go. But if HILLIARD turns out NOT to be for real, COBBS stays, and all the other contributors mentioned still go--any roster spot left over either will be filled after the final cuts, or used on a young promising OLman already on MIAMI's roster.

I doubt Ricky Williams would let us trade him. He can always retire

Back
Top Bottom