Bokamper suggest Dolphin could trade Ricky | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bokamper suggest Dolphin could trade Ricky

you don't get rid of your talented players, you build around them. no way this happens.

you also build around youth... Lex is 7 years younger than Ricky...

how much longer can we have Ricky and him be effective? 1 maybe 2 more years? If the FO feels Lex can also be a solid RB in this league, and you can have him for 6 or 7 more years, you go with that younger guy...

we've seen our FO cut the older guys for the younger guys, even difficult decisions like Vonnie Holliday... why would this be any different?

how much longer can we have Ricky and him be effective? 1 maybe 2 more years? If the FO feels Lex can also be a solid RB in this league, and you can have him for 6 or 7 more years, you go with that younger guy...

we've seen our FO cut the older guys for the younger guys, even difficult decisions like Vonnie Holliday... why would this be any different?

Your talking about replacing your 2nd string running back with a 4th stringer....doesn't even make sense.

Your talking about replacing your 2nd string running back with a 4th stringer....doesn't even make sense.

Vonnie was a 2nd stringer, and we replaced him with who? Lionel Dotson will most likely take his roster spot, was he not a 4th stringer?

its about making the team younger, this FO has said that time and time again... you can look at Vonnie, Eric Green, Wilford now, etc... the FO has shown they are willing to keep the younger guys and get rid of some veterans to give them more reps and playing time...

im not saying it will happen because this FO loves Ricky, but would you really be surprised?

Vonnie was a 2nd stringer, and we replaced him with who? Lionel Dotson will most likely take his roster spot, was he not a 4th stringer?

its about making the team younger, this FO has said that time and time again... you can look at Vonnie, Eric Green, Wilford now, etc... the FO has shown they are willing to keep the younger guys and get rid of some veterans to give them more reps and playing time...

im not saying it will happen because this FO loves Ricky, but would you really be surprised?

Yes i would. If the FO really wants to keep Lex, they will and keep Ricky as well.

I can see Lex as a viable alternative to Ricky when Lex actually proves that he is a good runner in a REAL game in the REGULAR season with first stringers trying to tackle him, not 3rd and 4th string guys.

If trading proven players for younger guys who did well in preseason was the norm, we would be up the creek with Chris Williams wouldn't we? Cause he looked amazing against the Jags and everyone was saying he needed to be on the team etc....What happened this past week?

You DONT trade away proven players for experimental players.

I can see Lex as a viable alternative to Ricky when Lex actually proves that he is a good runner in a REAL game in the REGULAR season with first stringers trying to tackle him, not 3rd and 4th string guys.

If trading proven players for younger guys who did well in preseason was the norm, we would be up the creek with Chris Williams wouldn't we? Cause he looked amazing against the Jags and everyone was saying he needed to be on the team etc....What happened this past week?

You DONT trade away proven players for experimental players.

ok i'll say it again one time... Vonnie Holiday, proven, older, let go while behind him we have guys who are not proven, Lionel Dotson has proven nothing and we could have Vonnie rather than him, but instead we'll most likely keep Dotson... what have Sean Smith and Vontae Davis proven that we cut Eric Green? no one is saying trade away every proven player for any experimental player...

and its been 2 games Lex has looked good and you have an entire pre-season of practices that you nor I have seen... again im not saying its going to happen, but if the coaches like him, you guys are acting like it would be insane if they moved Ricky, but Cobbs as the number 2 RB, and let Lex stick around at the number 3 spot...

im just saying i dont think it would be that surprising...

ok i'll say it again one time... Vonnie Holiday, proven, older, let go while behind him we have guys who are not proven, Lionel Dotson has proven nothing and we could have Vonnie rather than him, but instead we'll most likely keep Dotson... what have Sean Smith and Vontae Davis proven that we cut Eric Green? no one is saying trade away every proven player for any experimental player...

and its been 2 games Lex has looked good and you have an entire pre-season of practices that you nor I have seen... again im not saying its going to happen, but if the coaches like him, you guys are acting like it would be insane if they moved Ricky, but Cobbs as the number 2 RB, and let Lex stick around at the number 3 spot...

im just saying i dont think it would be that surprising...

I would find it very surprising.

I guarantee that when defenses game plan for us, they have to plan for Ricky. This is part of the reason that the wildcat is so successful.

How many pro bowls did Vonnie go to? Conversely how many has Ricky been to? Vonnie was not even close to the caliber of player that Ricky is. I'm sorry but releasing Vonnie did not have the effect that releasing Ricky would.

Sure DE's need some skill, but the skill a RB needs is a bit more and Ricky has those skills and uses them well.

Ricky's been to 1 probowl, 7 years ago... and like it or not hes a backup... yes he got a lot more touches last year because Ronnie was coming off the ACL injury, but he still only had about 11 touches a game... im sure that number is coming down this year with Ronnie being 100%...

i dont know, im not as high on Ricky as some people are on this board though, some people want to think of him like its 2002 again...

we're not forced to do anything with Ricky. he's certainly one of the better back-up Rbs in the league. if someone offered a good deal though, we have the depth at RB to move him.

IMO it's not between Ricky and Hiliard for 3rd RB. to me, Brown, Williams and Cobbs are safe. the question is if we're keeping a 4th RB over other positions, such as 6th WR, 10th DB, 10th OL etc.

Ricky's been to 1 probowl, 7 years ago... and like it or not hes a backup... yes he got a lot more touches last year because Ronnie was coming off the ACL injury, but he still only had about 11 touches a game... im sure that number is coming down this year with Ronnie being 100%...

i dont know, im not as high on Ricky as some people are on this board though, some people want to think of him like its 2002 again...

He is one of the best back ups .
clear.gif

idk depends what we can get out of him, and i dont think its much the guy is always a failed test away from lifetime ban and he's older too

Back
Top Bottom