Bold Prediction - Dion Jordan Traded by the end of the day. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bold Prediction - Dion Jordan Traded by the end of the day.

FSU Truth

Toss a coin to your Witcher
☠️ Banned ☠️
Club Member
Reaction score
Here's why

1. Already a significant number of rumors that have linked Miami to "shopping" him.

2. He doesn't fit the scheme the team currently runs and will continue to struggle to get snaps.

3. Eagles will come to terms when they realize that no edge rusher worth a damn is left.

4. Dolphins have a ton of holes that need to be filled and an extra 1st could go a long way

5. Hickey wants more picks

Here's why it won't happen

1. Accelerated bonus to count against this season's cap

2. Jordan is still a very talented player that could develop into a very good DE.

I hate to give up on a #3 overall pick, but we can get good compensation for him, and in this years draft, we can use those picks to get players that will contribute more than a backup DE

Wouldn't be surprised. He was bred to be a 34 OLB, and is a square peg in a round hole in this defense. Just get Philly's 22nd, and a third and call it a day.

It won't happen simply because of your reason number one for why it won't happen. We are in good shape with the cap this year, but have a lot less room in the next two years. We need to rol a good chunk of money from this year over to next year. If any player has a chance of getting traded through the course of the draft it's Matt Moore because he might net you a late pick, and trading him would free up a good chunk of cap space. IMHO though he won't get traded either as I feel nobody will cough up much of a pick for him.

I know that keeps getting rumored and shot down. I think he has huge potential and I'm worried about trading him, but IF Philly is desperate enough to give us a bounty of picks to get him, I'd at least listen to the offer. While he was injured and they struggled to find a fit for him last year, I think they (coaches) need to do a better job finding the fit for him and utilize his skills. But if they are going to give us a bunch of high picks this and/or next year, I'd have to seriously think about it.

What did we give up for Jordan? A first and a second?
If, we were to trade him, what would you consider fair?

I'd be pissed. Let the kid develop. We can't get enough compensation to justify.

Certainly possible, given that OV came on strong last year. Here is an out for Hickey to make this happen- It was Ireland's deal. If it happens expect Hickey to say Dion does not fit his vision of the team he wishes to create.

Agreed..
This team is not going to sniff the playoffs if Tannehill get hurt and Moore has to come in so trade him for the cap savings and extra draft pick this year.
And if the offer is good enough then trade Jordan too.

What did we give up for Jordan? A first and a second?
If, we were to trade him, what would you consider fair?

1st, 3rd and a 5th...

I'm not saying I want this to happen, just think it may.

Wouldn't be surprised. He was bred to be a 34 OLB, and is a square peg in a round hole in this defense. Just get Philly's 22nd, and a third and call it a day.

He's a bred for a 3-4 defenses?......... A 3-4 outside linebacker is basically a very athletic end. So you would give up an athletic end that was a rookie and did not have a follow offseason? Mario Williams had 4.5 sacks his rookie year with a full offseason and no prior injuries, the following year he 14 sack. I just don't understand why the hec fans expect every rookie to make an impact and it does not matter where they are picked. Some people take a couple of months and some take a year or two. I believe that IF, and this is a big IF he begins to get pressure and/or sack while O. Vernon is growing into a very good rusher, the person that will get traded before week 6 will be C. Wake. He is starting to get injured; he's 32 and he maybe on a decline. If OV and DJ begin to make some noise, in which I am 100% sure they will, Cam is gone.

Back
Top Bottom