Bold Prediction - Dion Jordan Traded by the end of the day. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bold Prediction - Dion Jordan Traded by the end of the day.

Certainly possible, given that OV came on strong last year. Here is an out for Hickey to make this happen- It was Ireland's deal. If it happens expect Hickey to say Dion does not fit his vision of the team he wishes to create.

See, the flip on Jordan is that right now he is worth more to other teams than to the Dolphins.

In addition, if memory serves me right. Trading Jordan would leave Fins with something like $12 in dead money.

I do not see Jordan getting move for anything less than 2 1st's. Maybe 1st, 2 2nd's and some scrub late round picks.

I'd much rather give up Cam Wake than Dion Jordan. Wake is 32 years old and as nature will have it he'll be slowing down soon. We are NOT a year or two away from competing for championships so if we trade Jordan, by the time we get there, we'll need another pass rusher opposite Oliver Vernon. In todays NFL the formula is keep young talent, discard older talent. ie' Patriots

I'd much rather give up Cam Wake than Dion Jordan. Wake is 32 years old and as nature will have it he'll be slowing down soon. We are NOT a year or two away from competing for championships so if we trade Jordan, by the time we get there, we'll need another pass rusher opposite Oliver Vernon. In todays NFL the formula is keep young talent, discard older talent. ie' Patriots

I can definitely see the sense in this. What is Wake worth? First round pick?

For what Ireland did, trading up and giving away everything he did, Dion Jordan is a BUST. For Hickey, and what ails this team in all the right places, I would pull this trigger in a heart beat if it meant I could get one of the top 3 T's and an extra pick early in the 3rd round to take a TE or RB.

Philbin needs to win now, so if this is Philbin's choice, it's entirely possible as long as we get suitable compensation as it gives him more chance to get more players that are gonna actually help him this year. However Hickey isn't under the same pressure to win now, he can afford to sit back and give the coaches time to develop Jordon, so outside a blockbuster type of trade I don't see that happening, and if Hickey wants more ammunition to start re-building this team he may be better served trading Wake while his stock is still relatively high, and giving Jordon more snaps to show what he can do.

One thing that could play into a possible trade of Jordon as well, is that he was not Hickey's pick, he's not tied to him at all and who knows what he thinks of the player.

Lets not forget Philbin/Hickey have 1-2 years to get us into the playoffs.

You think they will part with our greatest defensive weapon that they need NOW over a player down the road?

Job is on the line. This won't happen.

As long as we successfully bend over the Eagles for the AJ Feely trade I'm okay with it.

Lets not forget Philbin/Hickey have 1-2 years to get us into the playoffs.

You think they will part with our greatest defensive weapon that they need NOW over a player down the road?

Job is on the line. This won't happen.

I disagree, I think if Philbin fails to get us to the playoffs this year he's out of a job. Hickey on the other hand has a much longer leash, he'll not be blame for failure this year and probably has a good 3 years to prove he's up to the job or not.

It comes down to this, Is Dion Jordan going to be a three down player for us 100 percent?

If the answer is no, then why wouldn't you try to flip him in a trade? Vernon and Wake are getting the majority of snaps. If you can parlay the compensation that comes with dealing Jordan into a potential starting right tackle and or a corner, or linebacker...why wouldn't you?

Hickey isn't married to Jordan's potential. That was Ireland. Hickey is going to follow his own vision.

I don't like the idea of trading Jordan but a 1st rd pick (Shazier) and Evan Mathis for Jordan might be hard to turn down.

I think Shazier and Mathis do more to make THIS year's team successful than Jordan and, as many of you have stated, Philbin and Hickey have to win this year.

I disagree, I think if Philbin fails to get us to the playoffs this year he's out of a job. Hickey on the other hand has a much longer leash, he'll not be blame for failure this year and probably has a good 3 years to prove he's up to the job or not.

Hickey was given a two year deal that matches up with Philbin's end of contract.

2 years to make the playoffs or they are both gone.

This is the disadvantage of having both coach/GM on short deals. They will not make moves that will pay off down the road (Cam Wake trade).

Must win now, or hit the unemployment line.

I don't know what world you guys live in, but Jordan isn't worth a thing right now, he's not going anywhere.

Wouldn't be surprised. He was bred to be a 34 OLB, and is a square peg in a round hole in this defense. Just get Philly's 22nd, and a third and call it a day.

James Harrison who played for putzburgh is the prototypical 34 OLB.

All this nonsense about Jordan needs to stop!

For what Ireland did, trading up and giving away everything he did, Dion Jordan is a BUST. For Hickey, and what ails this team in all the right places, I would pull this trigger in a heart beat if it meant I could get one of the top 3 T's and an extra pick early in the 3rd round to take a TE or RB.

You can't label a guy a bust because he didn't put up 1st round numbers in his first year... if we do that the league would be filled with Busts. Circumstances lead to his lack of production, starting camp late, injury etc.... I'm eager to see how he plays this year. When given the opportunity last year.. he made a few plays. Didn't he win a game with strip that caused an INT ??

Back
Top Bottom