Bold Prediction - Dion Jordan Traded by the end of the day. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bold Prediction - Dion Jordan Traded by the end of the day.

Hickey was given a two year deal that matches up with Philbin's end of contract.

2 years to make the playoffs or they are both gone.

This is the disadvantage of having both coach/GM on short deals. They will not make moves that will pay off down the road (Cam Wake trade).

Must win now, or hit the unemployment line.

It is why Ireland was so crazy last offseason

Trying to save his job

Lets not forget Philbin/Hickey have 1-2 years to get us into the playoffs.

You think they will part with our greatest defensive weapon that they need NOW over a player down the road?

Job is on the line. This won't happen.

That's a valid point and has to be considered, however O. Vernon had as many sacks as Wake had last year, and if Philbin thinks after watching all the game tapes and practices that Jordan could be productive this year... i can see it happening.

It comes down to this, Is Dion Jordan going to be a three down player for us 100 percent?

If the answer is no, then why wouldn't you try to flip him in a trade? Vernon and Wake are getting the majority of snaps. If you can parlay the compensation that comes with dealing Jordan into a potential starting right tackle and or a corner, or linebacker...why wouldn't you?

Hickey isn't married to Jordan's potential. That was Ireland. Hickey is going to follow his own vision.

The problem with that theory is... you're assuming whomever they trade for will come in and start right away, that's the same thing Ireland thought by picking Jordan. He didn't anticipate O. Vernon progressing to the level he did. The same could be said for us signing a RT, CB or LB, players we have at those positions could progress and the player we pick may not start. Then we're back at square one. Part of drafting is projecting how the players currently on the team will progress. The problem is... our staff wasn't too good at it. They didn't see Vernon progressing like he did and they thought . Martin would progress and and we see how that turned out. I hope hickey is better at it.

$16 in cap hit?

Yeah..... Jordan will be in a Fins uniform next year no worries.

I would hate this. And I'm sick of hearing that Jordan doesn't fit in our scheme. Jordan and Jason Taylor are nearly identical in size.

Being deep at pass rusher is not a bad thing! Give the guy at least another year. When he was on the field, he made an impact. We can't just expect a rookie to come in and dominate immediately, especially when Wake and Vernon are ahead of him in the lineup.

What's the market for Jordan (besides Philly)? What's the market for Wake?

Wake is getting long in the tooth and you have to plan for life without him. If you trade Jordan and Wake gets injured again, the pass rush disappears. This would be a dumb move

For goodness sake, let him play outside linebacker. If they coach him, he can do it. I guarantee you if the Dolphins trade him, a team with coaches with common sense will put him at outside linebacker and he will be a pro bowler on Wheaties boxes for the next decade. I was pissed when the Dolphins gave up on Wes Welker years ago. Develop the player, and let him play the position he was meant to play. He is too small for defensive end, but would be an amazing outside linebacker.

For goodness sake, let him play outside linebacker. If they coach him, he can do it. I guarantee you if the Dolphins trade him, a team with coaches with common sense will put him at outside linebacker and he will be a pro bowler on Wheaties boxes for the next decade. I was pissed when the Dolphins gave up on Wes Welker years ago. Develop the player, and let him play the position he was meant to play. He is too small for defensive end, but would be an amazing outside linebacker.

He will never be a full time OLB for the fins....they want to make him a DE and will do everything they can to make that happen...

Sure trade him.

I can't get enough of watching big athletic TE's rip our defense apart and watch our chances to win go running down the middle of the field game after game.

By all means, trade away one of the most potentially dynamic defenders that could change defenses for the next decade. We need to admit we can't develop anyone with elite potential and trade them away for average guys that fit better within our limited abilities as an organization. And while you're at it, forfeit all future games because we lack the ability, skill and assets to develop elite players. Let's continue down the road to Suckville.

Let's not actually try to win. Let's give up because we excel at mediocrity.

The challenge is on the coaches. Period. If they can't develop this kind of game changing player because they can't understand how to maximize his talent then we should, by all means, ship him to a team that can. We can read about how good he becomes and fill up FinHeaven with complaints in the future about how players go to other teams and succeed. Can't get enough of that.

If you only coach within your abilities and never challenge yourself, you've already lost.

Back
Top Bottom