Boldin - Is it Money or Draft Picks you don't want to give up or is it his age?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boldin - Is it Money or Draft Picks you don't want to give up or is it his age??

foozool13

#12 #13 #23 #29 #54 #99
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Just a quick question I had about this situation. For those of you, who are against getting Boldin, is it more about money or draft picks or is it his age?

I would think most people would lean towards draft picks, but how is a 1st and 3rd soooo bad. Your going to spend your first on a player anyway so basically you gave AZ a 3rd rounder for him. And that is his MAX trade value. I think he could be had for less.

But then there is $$$ - He wants around 10 million a year. BUT who says you MUST give him a new contract? I don’t understand why people ASSUME you MUST give him a new contract just b/c you traded for him. If he gets traded he really doesn’t have a choice. He must play and Boldin is a player who has shown he will still be just as productive (See last year). In the end it’s a business.

Then there is his age. He will be 29 in October. Ya I understand that people believe that he is getting over the hill, but WR who don’t rely on being a deep threat like Boldin are productive up to about 33

(examples – Hines Ward 33, Marvin Harrison 36, TO – 35, Holt – 32, Steve Smith – 30, T.J. Housh– 31, Coles –31). That’s b/c they are underneath players who know how to SEPARATE. So losing some speed as they get older does not ruin their careers.

I keep looking for a downside to this idea b/c I believe in Parcells philosophy and want to side with fellow fans, but this one time I want Boldin!

I wouldn't give a one and a two. I would give a player and a two.

It is a combination of money, draft picks, and age.

But in order, it would be draft picks, age, then money.

Really, did we need another thread on Boldin?

The answer is all of the above.

This team has TOO many needs to be throwing around first day picks.
MIA isn't NE and only a few pieces short of a SB run. MIA is still building for tomorrow. Shoot, even last year NE kept their 1 and got Mayo. But I guess the cheap thrill of Boldin is enough to seduce some of you.

See the red under my name? It is a result of making a Boldin thread 6 months ago. People here don't like to talk about him yet. But I think he may be coming to play in Miami this season.

Just a quick question I had about this situation. For those of you, who are against getting Boldin, is it more about money or draft picks or is it his age?

I would think most people would lean towards draft picks, but how is a 1st and 3rd soooo bad. Your going to spend your first on a player anyway so basically you gave AZ a 3rd rounder for him. And that is his MAX trade value. I think he could be had for less.

But then there is $$$ - He wants around 10 million a year. BUT who says you MUST give him a new contract? I don’t understand why people ASSUME you MUST give him a new contract just b/c you traded for him. If he gets traded he really doesn’t have a choice. He must play and Boldin is a player who has shown he will still be just as productive (See last year). In the end it’s a business.

Then there is his age. He will be 29 in October. Ya I understand that people believe that he is getting over the hill, but WR who don’t rely on being a deep threat like Boldin are productive up to about 33

(examples – Hines Ward 33, Marvin Harrison 36, TO – 35, Holt – 32, Steve Smith – 30, T.J. Housh– 31, Coles –31). That’s b/c they are underneath players who know how to SEPARATE. So losing some speed as they get older does not ruin their careers.

I keep looking for a downside to this idea b/c I believe in Parcells philosophy and want to side with fellow fans, but this one time I want Boldin!

After throwing in the more pressing need to address a pass rushing LB and shut down CB, the consideration of who'll be throwing to him til he's at least over 30, plus the possibility of his having a chronic hip condition, for me, it's:

F. All Of The Above

oanhid-1.jpg

I was under the impression that he was unhappy because he wants a new contract, a very expensive long term deal. Why on earth would u trade for him with only 2 years left on his contract . . . give up a first and a third . . . and still not resolve the reason why he is unhappy in the first place. That makes no sense.

He is 28, has had his share of injury issues, is going to cost us 2 potential starters in there early 20's . . . both wouldn't even be half of what he would cost. I mean there is alot of reasons why you don't make the trade.

Say we do the trade for a first and a third. We can still get our pass rusher in round 2 and probably our CB . . . so it wouldn't be horrible. . . but you are going to spend 10 million damn near a year for a WR.

It is up to the Trifecta . . . I wouldn't be mad if we did the deal, but if it was me, I probably wouldn't give it all up.

its the picks money combo... so you'd have to give up a lot in draft picks then pay him a huuuuge salary...

if it was one or the other, id be for it... but since its both its just not worth it value wise

It's slightly his age combined with his injury history and a chronic hip injury. Plus the contract. Plus what it would take to acquire him.

So basically there are a lot of negatives.

You guys rock! Thanks..but to keep it on topic, I feel like giving up a first and a third is a lot for Parcells to do. Parcells always seems to get the best deals possible in a trade. I am wondering who he could offer Arizona to get it down to one pick, or if that is even possible.

To see Boldin come back to his hometown and dominate would be an amazing thing.

i think the very little interest our FO has shown in Boldin points directly to the fact that we will NOT be taking a WR in the 1st... Boldin would OBVIOUSLY be the best choice of all the first round talent available at the position and the fact that we have little to no interest (on the surface) is a clear indication to me we are preparing to go in another direction in the first round. JMO.

Im Tiring Of Boldin. Give Them Washingtons 2nd And/ Or Nothing Else.

There are rumors of him having chronic hip problems, and his age scares me away. He also is a bit injury prone and I would much rather draft a kid like Britt or Robiskie.

Back
Top Bottom