Boldin - Is it Money or Draft Picks you don't want to give up or is it his age?? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boldin - Is it Money or Draft Picks you don't want to give up or is it his age??

the most I would give up is a second rounder. I just have a feeling that if we got him he would become like Boston all of his injury problems would arise at once and we would yet again get screwed over. I say just draft a WR in the last 2nd or 3rd round.

Wow..you compared him to David Boston? That guy was a massive steroid user with a horrible mentality. Anquan is a far better person and player then David Boston. He is one of the top 10 WRs in the NFL. There is no way we get him for a 3rd or 4th pick, if so Parcells should be coated in gold and worshiped as an idol.

It's the picks, or it should be. His age is a non-issue, the guy isn't even 30 years old. He's got several solid years of football left in him. I wish all the Maddenites out there would stop being so ridiculous. 35 is old, 29 isn't.

My bad....but isn't there something about his hip? I thought I heard that somewhere...may have just been misread here. So many Boldin posts.:crazy:
Bolding missed a few few games during the 2007 season because of a hip injury. Coach Whisenhunt said the injury involved the muscle near the hip and not the joint itself.

I think anytime a player injures his hip some people will automatically assume it is similar to Bo Jackson's.

As to your question, Pro Football Talk posted this last week.
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/18/questions-swirl-regarding-boldins-hip/
As teams look into the possibility of trading for Cardinals receiver Anquan Boldin, questions are swirling in league circles regarding whether and to what extent he might have a chronic hip condition that could result in a shorter-than-expected career.

I think there are a few factors when you are looking into trading for Boldin. The reports of him having a degenerative hip condition, giving up draft picks, especially when you are heading into a draft that is fairly deep in WR's. You also have on top of that the big money Boldin is going to want, and while I think he is a quality WR I do not think he is a top 5 WR. I think the dolphins would be a better team with Boldin but I would not want to give up more than a 2nd round pick.

its the picks. arizona wants a 1st, a 3rd, and probally a 6th or 7th, what detroiit got for roy williams. No way i would give up that many picks for a player. if it was just a first, id do it in a heartbeat, but not 3 picks.

Just a quick question I had about this situation. For those of you, who are against getting Boldin, is it more about money or draft picks or is it his age?

I would think most people would lean towards draft picks, but how is a 1st and 3rd soooo bad. Your going to spend your first on a player anyway so basically you gave AZ a 3rd rounder for him. And that is his MAX trade value. I think he could be had for less.

But then there is $$$ - He wants around 10 million a year. BUT who says you MUST give him a new contract? I don’t understand why people ASSUME you MUST give him a new contract just b/c you traded for him. If he gets traded he really doesn’t have a choice. He must play and Boldin is a player who has shown he will still be just as productive (See last year). In the end it’s a business.

Then there is his age. He will be 29 in October. Ya I understand that people believe that he is getting over the hill, but WR who don’t rely on being a deep threat like Boldin are productive up to about 33

(examples – Hines Ward 33, Marvin Harrison 36, TO – 35, Holt – 32, Steve Smith – 30, T.J. Housh– 31, Coles –31). That’s b/c they are underneath players who know how to SEPARATE. So losing some speed as they get older does not ruin their careers.

I keep looking for a downside to this idea b/c I believe in Parcells philosophy and want to side with fellow fans, but this one time I want Boldin!

all of the above

Ozzy rules!!

Just a quick question I had about this situation. For those of you, who are against getting Boldin, is it more about money or draft picks or is it his age?

I would think most people would lean towards draft picks, but how is a 1st and 3rd soooo bad. Your going to spend your first on a player anyway so basically you gave AZ a 3rd rounder for him. And that is his MAX trade value. I think he could be had for less.
How is a 1st and 3rd so bad? In case you haven't realized but we are still trying to rebuild this team. Don't let the 11-5 record from last year fool you, we still have many holes that needs to be filled. Not to mention we are going to have about 12 players scheduled to become either restricted or unrestriscted free agents next year.

You think he can be had for less? Based on what? The Cardinals are not the ones who have initiated talks to other teams so whomever comes calling are gonna have to give up either multiple picks or a high draft choice and a player or two.
But then there is $$$ - He wants around 10 million a year. BUT who says you MUST give him a new contract? I don’t understand why people ASSUME you MUST give him a new contract just b/c you traded for him. If he gets traded he really doesn’t have a choice. He must play and Boldin is a player who has shown he will still be just as productive (See last year). In the end it’s a business.
If you are going to give up atleast a 1st round draft pick for Boldin you damn well better be sure that you are going to be able to sign him to either an extension or a new contract. Otherwise he is in Miami for only two years and we would have nothing long term to show for it.
Then there is his age. He will be 29 in October. Ya I understand that people believe that he is getting over the hill, but WR who don’t rely on being a deep threat like Boldin are productive up to about 33

(examples – Hines Ward 33, Marvin Harrison 36, TO – 35, Holt – 32, Steve Smith – 30, T.J. Housh– 31, Coles –31). That’s b/c they are underneath players who know how to SEPARATE. So losing some speed as they get older does not ruin their careers.

I keep looking for a downside to this idea b/c I believe in Parcells philosophy and want to side with fellow fans, but this one time I want Boldin!
Look a little harder, it's staring you right in the face.

I want Boldin to but not if it's going to cost us multiple draft picks and if we can sign him to a resonable long term contract.

It astounds me when people say they don't want Boldin, or he's not worth a 1st rounder and a 3rd rounder. Many of these same people will defend Ginn to the last breath. If Boldin had on Dolphin colors, he would be a shining, golden god on Finheaven......Instead, it's like...."Nah, he's overrated.." lol

I think we should pull the trigger. You bring Boldin to Miami, and you change the face of our entire offense. Not only that, but you give Henne a great WR to work with heading into the future. DO IT!!....

IN TUNA WE TRUST.

It astounds me when people say they don't want Boldin, or he's not worth a 1st rounder and a 3rd rounder. Many of these same people will defend Ginn to the last breath. If Boldin had on Dolphin colors, he would be a shining, golden god on Finheaven......Instead, it's like...."Nah, he's overrated.." lol

Nope your wrong. At least as how your comments relate to me your wrong. I support Ginn and think he is going to keep improving. I dont want Boldin here at the expense of trading players or draft picks away. If Boldin were an UFA this would be a much different conversation. Boldin is not worth sacraficing picks in the draft. I'ld rather see us fish in the draft for future all-pro type players. People are acting like Boldin is a once in a lifetime player and its crazy to pass up taking a shot at him and it is simply not true. Its not that I dont like him. He is too expensive.

Back
Top Bottom