Boldin - Is it Money or Draft Picks you don't want to give up or is it his age?? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boldin - Is it Money or Draft Picks you don't want to give up or is it his age??

it's all about the compensation for me. his age or money aren't the problem. i would have no problem giving up a 1st rounder and a 4th rounder straight up. since we have 2 2nd rounders, i would probably trade a 1st and 3rd as well.

If you don't believe me you can easily look it up. I guess it is easier to make smart remarks then acknowledge facts though.

It's not a smart remark it's fact. If the only reason Warner came back is if Boldin was on the team then why would AZ be shopping him? I don't think they want a pouting, unhappy Warner on the roster either.

LOL. Research Boldin again and get back to me. He has a great attitude and is a BIG TIME competitor. I don't think you know what you are talking about here. If you need a reference, call Kurt Warner. He is the one who considered retiring after Boldin got hurt, and he is the one who said he would not re sign with AZ if they could not keep Boldin there.
I agree, he's good. But his attitude at the championship game turned me off.

Why on earth do some of these posters continue to think were going to get Boldin....we want more DraftPicks not lose 2 potential starters??? Y do some people think Wanny's still running the team??? get over Boldin he is not coming

It's not a smart remark it's fact. If the only reason Warner came back is if Boldin was on the team then why would AZ be shopping him? I don't think they want a pouting, unhappy Warner on the roster either.

That's not what I said. I said Warner wanted Boldin back and he wanted AZ to promise they would do their best to resign him. He even offered to sign for less if it helped. This is all common knowledge that you are arguing, but go ahead and keep fighting the good fight. Here is a link to silence you for a bit.

http://ballhype.com/article/kurt_warner_willing_to_take_pay_cut_for_anquan_boldin/

Why on earth do some of these posters continue to think were going to get Boldin....we want more DraftPicks not lose 2 potential starters??? Y do some people think Wanny's still running the team??? get over Boldin he is not coming

I don't think we're going to get him, but, I'd love too. I'd lose 2 potential starters in a second for a Pro Bowl WR that's dominated since day 1 in the NFL.

Bolding aquisition

Just a quick question I had about this situation. For those of you, who are against getting Boldin, is it more about money or draft picks or is it his age?

I would think most people would lean towards draft picks, but how is a 1st and 3rd soooo bad. Your going to spend your first on a player anyway so basically you gave AZ a 3rd rounder for him. And that is his MAX trade value. I think he could be had for less.

But then there is $$$ - He wants around 10 million a year. BUT who says you MUST give him a new contract? I don’t understand why people ASSUME you MUST give him a new contract just b/c you traded for him. If he gets traded he really doesn’t have a choice. He must play and Boldin is a player who has shown he will still be just as productive (See last year). In the end it’s a business.

Then there is his age. He will be 29 in October. Ya I understand that people believe that he is getting over the hill, but WR who don’t rely on being a deep threat like Boldin are productive up to about 33

(examples – Hines Ward 33, Marvin Harrison 36, TO – 35, Holt – 32, Steve Smith – 30, T.J. Housh– 31, Coles –31). That’s b/c they are underneath players who know how to SEPARATE. So losing some speed as they get older does not ruin their careers.

I keep looking for a downside to this idea b/c I believe in Parcells philosophy and want to side with fellow fans, but this one time I want Boldin!

I am all about getting Boldin. The thing that bothers me is we are not going to get him that is a fact and all these people who are now getting upset at the few people who do want to aquire Boldin are the same people who will complain about Ted Ginn all season long. Either way you are correct Boldin is a first round guy right now so if we give a 1st and 3rd we are only truely loosing a 3rd round pick and getting a proven WR. Of course people who are brainwashed by Mel Kiper will insist gambling in the draft is the way to go. I just dont see the down side by aquiring Boldin now.

So Ginn at #9 overall is worth it, and, just fine even though his stats have been lackluster, but, he's improving? But Boldin, who didn't need the myriad of excuses Ginn has needed, and, would suit Pennington's arm better than Ginn isn't worth the #25 and our 3rd? What sort of sense does that make?

That argument just shows how MUCH worth it Boldin is. If Ginn is worth a #9 overall, then certainly Boldin, who has dominated from day one is worth a 1st and a a 3rd.
You make the false assumption that Ginn was worth the #9 pick. He wasn't. And Boldin isn't worth a 1st and a 3rd. Not with guys like Ramses Barden and Juaquin Iglesias available in later rounds. When you mortgage your future(draft pics) for another team's star you tend to get burnt. if we were close to making a Superbowl run and Boldin was the one piece needed to get you to the big game that would be one thing. But to a rebuilding team draft picks are precious. Look at what happened to new Orleans when they traded their entire draft for Ricky Williams or Minnesota when they traded for Herschel Walker. Both teams traded multiple picks for a "super star" and both teams suffered for it.

We need the picks more than we need Boldin.

You make the false assumption that Ginn was worth the #9 pick. He wasn't. And Boldin isn't worth a 1st and a 3rd. Not with guys like Ramses Barden and Juaquin Iglesias available in later rounds. When you mortgage your future(draft pics) for another team's star you tend to get burnt. if we were close to making a Superbowl run and Boldin was the one piece needed to get you to the big game that would be one thing. But to a rebuilding team draft picks are precious. Look at what happened to new Orleans when they traded their entire draft for Ricky Williams or Minnesota when they traded for Herschel Walker. Both teams traded multiple picks for a "super star" and both teams suffered for it.

Give me a break, you're talking about two completely unproven commodities over an all-pro receiver.

I'm not saying we should pay the high price for Boldin either, but the reason isn't because there are better players available in the draft. They may or may not be better players, that has yet to be established.

Plus you use the Herschel Walker trade as an example of why not to do it, when that example is such a strange one. Not every draft pick turns out to be Emmitt Smith, Russell Maryland and Darren Woodson. The Dolphins wouldn't exactly be mortgaging their future by trading for a 29 year old pro-bowl player.

I don't think he was worth the #9 pick. I said that MOST people think he was worth the #9 pick...Mainly because he's a Dolphin. Boldin was worth a 1st when he was drafted, and, he's worth it now. He's dominated since his cleats hit the turf and he hasn't stopped dominating since. He's the excuse-free WR. He would absolutely be the greatest addition to this team at WR since Clayton and Duper.

New Orleans got thier first rounders back for Williams.....By the way, they traded to DRAFT him, an unknown, whereas Boldin has proven he can dominate at the NFL level. New Orleans is better today for the Williams incident. I can't say the same for us. We gave up two 1st rounders and got 2 years of great production.

Minnisota flubbed badly on the Walker trade. Do you understand the difference between giving up a 1st and a 3rd round pick for a proven dominator at a skill position that will immiediately make this team remarkably better and tradeing three 1st rounders and 3 2nd rounders + assorted trash for a Running Back who had been in professional football for 6 years, which is on the downhill road for RBs? I can't even see a comparison.

IMO, until we consistently have winning seasons and playoff appearances, Aquiring Boldin won't get us over the top. (Superbowl Win)

I love Boldin. He's a beast. never shy's from conact, huge frame, not afraid to run middle routes, great hands. I think he'd be a receiver Parcell's & company would go after. Especially in FA

At this current juncture, to aquire Boldin would seriously slow the franchise's rebuilding effort, which just began a year ago.

My comparison would be San diego. A team like San Diego aquiring Boldin could seriously make them the favorites in the AFC, even w/ healthy Brady & Manning

IMO, until we consistently have winning seasons and playoff appearances, Aquiring Boldin won't get us over the top. (Superbowl Win)

I love Boldin. He's a beast. never shy's from conact, huge frame, not afraid to run middle routes, great hands. I think he'd be a receiver Parcell's & company would go after. Especially in FA

At this current juncture, to aquire Boldin would seriously slow the franchise's rebuilding effort, which just began a year ago.

My comparison would be San diego. A team like San Diego aquiring Boldin could seriously make them the favorites in the AFC, even w/ healthy Brady & Manning

So we should avoid getting good players until we're a consistant winner?

We should avoid using mutiple draft picks on postions that are already in servicable condition when we have bigger needs at other postions.

Back
Top Bottom