Boldin - Is it Money or Draft Picks you don't want to give up or is it his age?? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boldin - Is it Money or Draft Picks you don't want to give up or is it his age??

Wow..you compared him to David Boston? That guy was a massive steroid user with a horrible mentality. Anquan is a far better person and player then David Boston. He is one of the top 10 WRs in the NFL. There is no way we get him for a 3rd or 4th pick, if so Parcells should be coated in gold and worshiped as an idol.

I wasent comparing him to Boston talent wise. I just have a bad feeling that we trade for him and then we only get to see him play 5 games in three years beacuse his injuries rise up and then we end up losing high picks. Talent wise he is one of the best WR and 100 times better then Boston.

Its I just have a bad feeling that, that is what would end up happening and im just going with my gut.

Simply put, his attitude.

LOL. Research Boldin again and get back to me. He has a great attitude and is a BIG TIME competitor. I don't think you know what you are talking about here. If you need a reference, call Kurt Warner. He is the one who considered retiring after Boldin got hurt, and he is the one who said he would not re sign with AZ if they could not keep Boldin there.

Nope your wrong. At least as how your comments relate to me your wrong. I support Ginn and think he is going to keep improving. I dont want Boldin here at the expense of trading players or draft picks away. If Boldin were an UFA this would be a much different conversation. Boldin is not worth sacraficing picks in the draft. I'ld rather see us fish in the draft for future all-pro type players. People are acting like Boldin is a once in a lifetime player and its crazy to pass up taking a shot at him and it is simply not true. Its not that I dont like him. He is too expensive.

So Ginn at #9 overall is worth it, and, just fine even though his stats have been lackluster, but, he's improving? But Boldin, who didn't need the myriad of excuses Ginn has needed, and, would suit Pennington's arm better than Ginn isn't worth the #25 and our 3rd? What sort of sense does that make?

That argument just shows how MUCH worth it Boldin is. If Ginn is worth a #9 overall, then certainly Boldin, who has dominated from day one is worth a 1st and a a 3rd.

I wasent comparing him to Boston talent wise. I just have a bad feeling that we trade for him and then we only get to see him play 5 games in three years beacuse his injuries rise up and then we end up losing high picks. Talent wise he is one of the best WR and 100 times better then Boston.

Its I just have a bad feeling that, that is what would end up happening and im just going with my gut.

Yeah, but I did not mean talent either. The steroid usages hurt Boston. Steroids can also cause injuries in joints and tendons. People forget this. Boston does not equal Boldin in the injury category.

It is really hard to predict injury in the NFL. Fragile Fred Taylor was always hurt..then suddenly he was not and he played a full season. A WR has a much better chance of staying healthy all season then a RB also. Chad Pennington gets hurt a lot, and he played a full season for us. It's unfair to the player and to yourself to worry about injury unless doctors see something that could be reoccurring.

But isn't Boldin already an All-Pro type player??....

IN TUNA WE TRUST...

Boldin of course is all-pro guy. He is in arizona anyways. Im not sure if his numbers would be as great here but would assume them to be impressive. I just dont want to invest in someone his age at the expense of multiple picks and a hefty salary. Ild rather hunt in the draft for other postions. I really dont see the WR postion as one of urgency to upgrade. I think the guys we have are adequate to carry us through this season.

LOL. Research Boldin again and get back to me. He has a great attitude and is a BIG TIME competitor. I don't think you know what you are talking about here. If you need a reference, call Kurt Warner. He is the one who considered retiring after Boldin got hurt, and he is the one who said he would not re sign with AZ if they could not keep Boldin there.

So I guess that Matt Leinart will be the opening day QB in AZ this year??

So Ginn at #9 overall is worth it, and, just fine even though his stats have been lackluster, but, he's improving? But Boldin, who didn't need the myriad of excuses Ginn has needed, and, would suit Pennington's arm better than Ginn isn't worth the #25 and our 3rd? What sort of sense does that make?

That argument just shows how MUCH worth it Boldin is. If Ginn is worth a #9 overall, then certainly Boldin, who has dominated from day one is worth a 1st and a a 3rd.

Hmmmm, was Ginn worth our #9 pick? Let me answer it this way, we could of put that pick to better use. I do like what I have seen from Ginn and believe he is going to get better. I would like to see him improve faster then he is but he is improving and proving himself to be at least a solid #2. I think he is going to mature into that #1 spot by either this year or next. He only cost us 1 pick as opposed to the 2 that we are talking about giving up for Boldin. I dont remember the money we paid Ginn so Im not sure how much cheaper he is. Ginn is 4 or 5yrs younger then Boldin, to me that is a plus for Ginn. Dont get me wrong I like Boldin. I just dont like the idea of spending multiple draft picks to bring him here.

So I guess that Matt Leinart will be the opening day QB in AZ this year??

If you don't believe me you can easily look it up. I guess it is easier to make smart remarks then acknowledge facts though.

Yeah, we do have to give him a new contract. That's how this business works. Trading a 1st and 3rd for a disgruntled player on an old contract he's unhappy with would be ridiculous. Age does also matter. Barring more injury, he'll be very effective for the next couple years, but he won't be a player to build and grow around. Not to mention he's good, but he ain't prime Jerry Rice. He's not even the best WR on his team. If it happens i'd be happy but there is plenty of downside.

Doesn't mean I wouldn't want to pursue him under the right circumstances but i'm not chomping at the bit to get him here.

Too much money, aging, injury history, possible hip problem, draft picks... do you need any other reason to say no.

If your gonna trade for a guy I'd rather see B.Edwards in a Fins uniform. He's 3 years younger and has shown us that on a good team he can light it up.

The Dolphins need to rebuild this franchise and not tie up so much money into one player although he is pretty good, they can get a wide receiver for less money and develope him properly. A 1st and a 3rd and the team will still have to sign him to a humongus contract? No Thanks.

The Big Time wants Big Money Look if everybody says this the year that the fins are su;pposed to take a step back then why go sign a receiver and pay all of that money with no progress towards a playoff or superbowl, .....Draft a receiver and let him develope in this supposed to be down year for the fins.

It's a combination of draft picks, injury history, money & age.
I always hate the idea of giving up multiple draft picks for an existing player, too many variables. People raise a good point "they are only draft picks, who cares," that is what people said after we traded picks for Ricky, how did that turn out? Funny thing, after the first year it looked like a steal for the Fins, in the end, you can make an argument it set the franchise back years.

If it were for only our 1st, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

But, unfortunately for us, the price tag is going to be alot higher.

Back
Top Bottom