Bonehead celebration by Wilkins while live play in background | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bonehead celebration by Wilkins while live play in background

He’s likely leaving in free agency.

If he wasn’t willing to sign whatever offer they had in he offseason.

I can only imagine and the season is still going what he’s going to command now?

Easily Top 5 and I can see him asking for Top 3 money at his position too.

Doubt Dolphins will be able to afford him with all the other needs across the OL.

Tua, Waddle, Phillips, Holland etc are all due soon.
Which ones are due for better contracts and which ones are due for FA - or even just getting traded?

He’s likely leaving in free agency.

If he wasn’t willing to sign whatever offer they had in he offseason.

I can only imagine and the season is still going what he’s going to command now?

Easily Top 5 and I can see him asking for Top 3 money at his position too.

Doubt Dolphins will be able to afford him with all the other needs across the OL.

Tua, Waddle, Phillips, Holland etc are all due soon.
Unfortunately you are probably right but as a former first round pick who has gotten better every year, He is the type of player the Dolphins need to build around and not lose in free agency. Yet as you point out, with their present cap issues and the players they will need to sign within the next couple of years, they probably just don’t have the money to sign Wilkins to a new contract.

One of the best players on the team and the heart and soul of the D......so who cares. I thought it was funny. I agree though, once he saw what he did I guarantee he won't let it happen again.

I'm sure he didn't see the ball came out as he was looking the other way.....

However, you do play until the whistle. Lesson learned and I'm sure he will take some grief for it from his teammates.....

Back
Top Bottom