Bonner activated | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bonner activated

this has been both a fun season but a frustrating season as well.....watching the offense making big plays all over the field has been great......the injuries have been frustrating ......tomorrow we'll be missing Phillips/Baker/Wynn/Elliott/Hunt.....those are out for sure but we're most likely missing Achane and either Howard or Holland or both.........that Tenn game will stick in our minds for a long time if our season goes down from here.......tomorrow we need McDaniel to give us his best game
Without a doubt, this is a must for me. I need to see McD come out and give the Jets something they haven’t seen before, something that confuses them. This isn’t the week or the situation where he should think he’s going to impose his will - “this is my offense and I‘m not changing, so try to stop me.”

He needs to prove that he can change his approach. He hasn’t done that yet in almost two seasons.

Am I the only one thinking this says something about Cam Smith? And it isn't something positive?
During preseason he seemed destined to get burned for huge plays if he saw the field this season. I think the coaches sense the same thing and know they can't take the risk.

If it's a wet sticky game tomorrow you can't allow the Jets to hang in or win based on a handful of big plays. Make them line up repeatedly.

During preseason he seemed destined to get burned for huge plays if he saw the field this season. I think the coaches sense the same thing and know they can't take the risk.

If it's a wet sticky game tomorrow you can't allow the Jets to hang in or win based on a handful of big plays. Make them line up repeatedly.
So you have 6 other defensive backs who were drafted in the second round this year, like Cam Smith. What does this say about Cam Smith?

So you have 6 other defensive backs who were drafted in the second round this year, like Cam Smith. What does this say about Cam Smith?
This whole judging draft picks based on year 1 has to stop. Just looked at your post history on AJ too and it is the same thing.

You're acting like Sherlock Holmes looking up the stats of Y1 draft picks. It's not, all players have different circumstances. Smiths being he has limited use this far with X, Ramsey and KK ahead of him.

This whole judging draft picks based on year 1 has to stop. Just looked at your post history on AJ too and it is the same thing.

You're acting like Sherlock Holmes looking up the stats of Y1 draft picks. It's not, all players have different circumstances. Smiths being he has limited use this far with X, Ramsey and KK ahead of him.
What was my post history on AJ?

X has been injured. Ramsey was injured. Let’s not pretend that Cam Smith isn’t playing simply because there are better players ahead of him.

One other point - I’m not calling him a bust. I actually like him and wish Fangio and McD would give him an opportunity. I said he’s the least productive 2nd round pick. Not that he’s the worst. He’s not getting an opportunity.

What was my post history on AJ?

X has been injured. Ramsey was injured. Let’s not pretend that Cam Smith isn’t playing simply because there are better players ahead of him.

One other point - I’m not calling him a bust. I actually like him and wish Fangio and McD would give him an opportunity. I said he’s the least productive 2nd round pick. Not that he’s the worst. He’s not getting an opportunity.
Id link em, but heading out to a party and it's not really necessary to enhance the point.

Point is you gotta give these guys time. Kader and Noah were dropped into impossible situations last year and only one came out on top.

With Smith we have had the luxury of bringing him up to snuff. Remember, he was always going to be a work in progress per his draft prospect.

So far he's done fine on special teams and will have his shot at CB sooner or later. IMO, McD and Fangio are probably coddling him a bit so we don't experience another Noah experiment.

Id link em, but heading out to a party and it's not really necessary to enhance the point.

Point is you gotta give these guys time. Kader and Noah were dropped into impossible situations last year and only one came out on top.

With Smith we have had the luxury of bringing him up to snuff. Remember, he was always going to be a work in progress per his draft prospect.

So far he's done fine on special teams and will have his shot at CB sooner or later. IMO, McD and Fangio are probably coddling him a bit so we don't experience another Noah experiment.
Well, I’d be interested in seeing what you‘re seeing. I was actually defending AJ during training camp. Felt that he was improving last year, but then had his injury issues. So, I don’t recall exactly was I was saying 4 seasons ago. I’ll have to search my posts like you did.

But again, I’ll reiterate. I am not passing judgment on Cam Smith as much as I‘m passing judgment on our coaches for refusing to use him. The season is nearly over. If we are in Week 14 and he isn’t ready to play snaps….

Well, I’d be interested in seeing what you‘re seeing. I was actually defending AJ during training camp. Felt that he was improving last year, but then had his injury issues. So, I don’t recall exactly was I was saying 4 seasons ago. I’ll have to search my posts like you did.

But again, I’ll reiterate. I am not passing judgment on Cam Smith as much as I‘m passing judgment on our coaches for refusing to use him. The season is nearly over. If we are in Week 14 and he isn’t ready to play snaps….
I can dig.it! Feel the same way.

I know nothing about him aside from him being the extremely rare white CB, but is he an NFL caliber player?
Well, this I do know. Tyreek was willing to race anyone on the team except for Ethan Bonner. Hill said Bonner has posted 22+ MPH in practice.

I can dig.it! Feel the same way.
I checked my old posts on Austin Jackson. I was definitely harsh on him during his rookie year.

I did pick him as my breakout player before this season started, too.

Back
Top Bottom