Bonner activated | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bonner activated

How do we know Cam Smith is developing? We never see him on the field.
Again, he's on the field every game. He's been playing ST. I know it's not flashy, but considering the coaches you have to assume they have some more reasoning than we do.

So the more suitable option is either a guy who has zero reps there or a dude off street who hasn't played since 2019?
Did you watch any of the tape from Monday night? A center with any level of awareness and physicality could potentially play better than Eichenberg did. As I said, time will tell.

Again, he's on the field every game. He's been playing ST. I know it's not flashy, but considering the coaches you have to assume they have some more reasoning than we do.
I know he’s been playing special teams. He wasn’t drafted in the second round to play specials.

I can certainly appreciate anyone who feels “trust the coaches” is an acceptable default approach. We’re not in the building. But anyone who watches enough NFL knows that coaches make mistakes, coaches can be failures, coaches can be unqualified., and coaches can make terrible mistakes in evaluating players. We’ve seen enough of this in Miami over the past 20 years.

I was saying repeatedly earlier in the season that there were endless opportunities to get Cam Smith reps when the game was settled. We beat Denver by 50. The Bills wrecked us. There were numerous blowout wins. Many of these games were played when Ramsey was injured. If we had utilized this approach, would it be more likely or less likely that Cam Smith could be ready to contribute in Week 14? Or do you think it is impossible for a corner who played at a high level in the SEC to translate to the NFL as a rookie?

You didn’t answer the actual question. And Cam is a corner, not a QB.
You can be developed in practice by mastering the scheme and focusing on your technique. Complete ignorance if you think the only aspect of player development is game action.

And yeah no ****, but the point still holds true.

Did you watch any of the tape from Monday night? A center with any level of awareness and physicality could potentially play better than Eichenberg did. As I said, time will tell.
I did, I also watched his tape against Carolina which was much better when he had reps all week knowing going in he was starting.

Your saying a lot of things, mostly reverberating from your rear end.

Your voice is changing but your breaths the same...

You can be developed in practice by mastering the scheme and focusing on your technique. Complete ignorance if you think the only aspect of player development is game action.

And yeah no ****, but the point still holds true.
Yeah, because I said game action was the only aspect.

Complete ignorance if you think game action in low pressure situations wouldn’t be helpful.

I did, I also watched his tape against Carolina which was much better when he had reps all week knowing going in he was starting.

Your saying a lot of things, mostly reverberating from your rear end.

Your voice is changing but your breaths the same...
We barely had reps this week. One live practice, and Eich was limited.

But keeping going. You’re showing your intelligence.

We barely had reps this week. One live practice, and Eich was limited.

But keeping going. You’re showing your intelligence.
Yeah he sure was, still far different preparation / film study / etc than on the 2nd drive having to change roles that the given week of practice didn't prepare you for.

So far your golden nuggets:

- Cam Smith couldn't possibly be being developed cause he hasn't see meaningful in game reps on the boundary yet.

- Cotton or Harrison are better options than Eich because of all of your "film study". Who cares that he's the only guy on the roster who's snapped Tua the ball in a game for an offense tremendously dependant on motions / timing.

Also, you just said, one live practice this week. So let's trot out guys to play that crucial role who either haven't done it ever or in the last 3 years...who had the luxury of one legit practice.

Like I said talking out of both sides of your mouth, and your breath still smells like ****...

I know he’s been playing special teams. He wasn’t drafted in the second round to play specials.

I can certainly appreciate anyone who feels “trust the coaches” is an acceptable default approach. We’re not in the building. But anyone who watches enough NFL knows that coaches make mistakes, coaches can be failures, coaches can be unqualified., and coaches can make terrible mistakes in evaluating players. We’ve seen enough of this in Miami over the past 20 years.

I was saying repeatedly earlier in the season that there were endless opportunities to get Cam Smith reps when the game was settled. We beat Denver by 50. The Bills wrecked us. There were numerous blowout wins. Many of these games were played when Ramsey was injured. If we had utilized this approach, would it be more likely or less likely that Cam Smith could be ready to contribute in Week 14? Or do you think it is impossible for a corner who played at a high level in the SEC to translate to the NFL as a rookie?
When X and Ramsey are your starting CBs and you have an OG DC that leans on vets this is EXACTLY what you get.

Specials duties until thrust into a key role.

You realize his career won't be completely confined to 13 games right?

I'm beginning to think you have legitimately zero understanding of how roster building and player development works.

When X and Ramsey are your starting CBs and you have an OG DC that leans on vets this is EXACTLY what you get.

Specials duties until thrust into a key role.

You realize his career won't be completely confined to 13 games right?

I'm beginning to think you have legitimately zero understanding of how roster building and player development works.
Your hyperbole is idiotic. Ramsey and Howard missed how many games combined?

Yeah he sure was, still far different preparation / film study / etc than on the 2nd drive having to change roles that the given week of practice didn't prepare you for.

So far your golden nuggets:

- Cam Smith couldn't possibly be being developed cause he hasn't see meaningful in game reps on the boundary yet.

- Cotton or Harrison are better options than Eich because of all of your "film study". Who cares that he's the only guy on the roster who's snapped Tua the ball in a game for an offense tremendously dependant on motions / timing.

Also, you just said, one live practice this week. So let's trot out guys to play that crucial role who either haven't done it ever or in the last 3 years...who had the luxury of one legit practice.

Like I said talking out of both sides of your mouth, and your breath still smells like ****...
I guess McDaniel‘s breathe must smell like ****, too, since he’s the one who mentioned Cotton has been getting reps at center and he’s an option there.

Also, never said Cam Smith “couldn’t possibly be being developed.“ Didn’t even say he should see meaningful game reps. I actually said he should have seen meaningless game reps.

Carry on.

Back
Top Bottom