Bonner activated | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bonner activated

2 things, 1st is that Vic said that Needham is working at safety. So this could mean no Holland rather than Howard. Or hopefully insurance in case Holland doesn't make it thru the game. The 2nd thing is that we didn't elevate Skura so hopefully that means Eich is playing. Or damn, Eich is playing. Depends on your point of view
As sad as it is, we better pray Eich can play. It will look MUCH worse if we don't have him at C.

At least he has had reps their, we have won games with him there.

Plus he needs to play and settle in for the home stretch.

Cam Smith ain't a finished product, he's developing.

I am more annoyed Tindall can't find a way onto the field on D. He must legit have absolutely no brains.

Cam Smith is probably still developing
CB’s is one of the toughest positions to play coming out of college besides QB
Making mistakes as a rookie an destroy a CB’s confidence
Teams tend to handle these rookies with kid gloves if you haven’t noticed over the years
I would say if all goes well he’ll be taking over for X next year

As sad as it is, we better pray Eich can play. It will look MUCH worse if we don't have him at C.

At least he has had reps their, we have won games with him there.

Plus he needs to play and settle in for the home stretch.
I’m not sure that I believe this. Time will tell.

Cam Smith ain't a finished product, he's developing.

I am more annoyed Tindall can't find a way onto the field on D. He must legit have absolutely no brains.
How do we know Cam Smith is developing? We never see him on the field.

I’m not sure that I believe this. Time will tell.
So the more suitable option is either a guy who has zero reps there or a dude off street who hasn't played since 2019?

The vagueness definitely has an impact. McD is partially responsible for this, because he insists on saying things like “they guys are going to tell me that they want to play” repeatedly. Which obviously leads to the assumption that McD is making the calls to hold them out. It’s an unnecessary statement, but he does it every week.

Then, on top of that, we get no actual info. What is X’s injury? A bruised hip? He played the entire game. It could not have been a tear. So is it pain tolerance? What is Achane’s injury? I mean forget Armstead, they usually list five body parts. Holland is supposedly two knee injuries. Holland said they were “stretched.” What? And he’s been practicing on a limited basis for two weeks.

You can go on and on this way. I have.
Like Fangio saying he would not change anything from MNF's 3 minute collapse, McD's saying it's all on him holding players out, may just be press conference talk. I would hope so. Press conferences to us as fans are the window in (and Hard Knocks now), but they're not the end all, and things are "spun" for specific purposes. If players are saying to everyone, "I feel great and want to play", and medical staff is clearing them with no reservations, and the whole team knows it - and McD essentially saying "I don't care. I'm the head coach, I get final say, and you're not playing" (Yes would never use those words, but would be the upshot) - I think he would lose respect from players and even asst.coaches pretty fast. I don't see him losing respect from everything I see. Could be wrong about this, just as any of us on FH don't know anything for sure not being there.

Back
Top Bottom