Boo Birds | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boo Birds

So Be

Club Member
Reaction score
Here's a topic for the boredom of waiting for something worthwhile to talk about. In any case, it may be some fun.

When, if at all, is it ok to boo our team?

I say never. I can see booing certain players or personnel, but not the team.

IMO it is ok to boo or jeer under limited circumstances.

1. The team is obviously mailing in a game, or tanking a game. If you pay full price for a ticket, the team should, in turn give full effort. If they are going to tank the game, then, tickets should be free. In that case, it's not really ok to boo.

2. Continued futility/inept play. If the team is playing poorly, and, does not turn it around, it's ok to boo. When I potty trained my sons, they may've gotten a clap and smile when they almost got the poopy in the toilet a few times. At some, point, the child needs to hear the error of not getting the poopy in the toilet.

I was very upset with the team after the Cards game. I was seeing regression all along the team. If I was at the Cards game? I would have boo'd. TWO 12 men on the field penalties? TWO? In one GAME? In all my years of HS ball, I don't think we ever got two 12 man penalties in a SEASON not to mention two in a GAME!

Add that in with getting blown out? Thats' boo worthy, IMO.

Booooo!!!! Booooo!!! This thread sucks!!! Booooo!!!! Just kidding. You'll get varying opinions on this. The season ticket holders who brave the elements, hurricane winds and rain, scorching heat et al., will say it's their God-given right to boo because they've spent their hard earned money and they deserve a return on their investment. Some fans will say it's never okay to boo, regardless of how poorly the team, or a particular player (Ray Lucas) plays. That we should be supportive of our team and never give the visiting teams fans the satisfaction of watching us turn on our beloved phins. I lean more towards the latter than the former. Although I've yelled out some expletives that I'm pretty sure don't exist during some of the tough times.

1. The team is obviously mailing in a game, or tanking a game. If you pay full price for a ticket, the team should, in turn give full effort. If they are going to tank the game, then, tickets should be free. In that case, it's not really ok to boo.

2. Continued futility/inept play. If the team is playing poorly, and, does not turn it around, it's ok to boo. When I potty trained my sons, they may've gotten a clap and smile when they almost got the poopy in the toilet a few times. At some, point, the child needs to hear the error of not getting the poopy in the toilet.

I was very upset with the team after the Cards game. I was seeing regression all along the team. If I was at the Cards game? I would have boo'd. TWO 12 men on the field penalties? TWO? In one GAME? In all my years of HS ball, I don't think we ever got two 12 man penalties in a SEASON not to mention two in a GAME!

I did not even get to see that game and when i turn on espn i heard they got 2 12 men penalties and before i even heard the score i knew we lost.

Booooo!!!! Booooo!!! This thread sucks!!! Booooo!!!! Just kidding. You'll get varying opinions on this. The season ticket holders who brave the elements, hurricane winds and rain, scorching heat et al., will say it's their God-given right to boo because they've spent their hard earned money and they deserve a return on their investment. Some fans will say it's never okay to boo, regardless of how poorly the team, or a particular player (Ray Lucas) plays. That we should be supportive of our team and never give the visiting teams fans the satisfaction of watching us turn on our beloved phins. I lean more towards the latter than the former. Although I've yelled out some expletives that I'm pretty sure don't exist during some of the tough times.

LOL. Remember the "SAMMY SUCKS?" That was pathetic.

LOL. Remember the "SAMMY SUCKS?" That was pathetic.

Jeez Louise. I do remember that. Sammy Smith had so much talent, but could not hold on to the freaking football. I remember the one really long run he had, where he fumbled the ball away and cost us the game. Pisses me off to this day.

"Poopy" is not allowed on this forum, gonna have to report you to the Mods. LOL

I did not even get to see that game and when i turn on espn i heard they got 2 12 men penalties and before i even heard the score i knew we lost.

Exactly. It was indicitave of an undisciplined team or coach. I thought our ST unit was HORRID in general last year. Yet.....There are some that are completely ok with it.

i'm too dignified to 'boo' but i've cussed them out many a time, most notably when our offense has 1st or 2nd & goal and the ball is intercepted for a touchdown.

Here's a topic for the boredom of waiting for something worthwhile to talk about. In any case, it may be some fun.

When, if at all, is it ok to boo our team?

as long as u pay your money or you dues its up to u.

Back
Top Bottom