Boo Birds | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boo Birds

Here's a topic for the boredom of waiting for something worthwhile to talk about. In any case, it may be some fun.

When, if at all, is it ok to boo our team?

well its not ok to boo in my expert opinion but it is ok to boo the media and the officials

in dealing with the boobirds its best to get a can of mace and spray them or get a flyswatter and wack them upside theird head.:hi5:

I never boo our team. I usually just say " WHAT THE **** " or say " Alright.. cmon guys. Just get it together. "

back in '90 i was about 5 rows back of the Twins dugout in Kansas City, one of the rare years the Twins were horrible and the shortstop looked at 3 straight strikes from tom gordon for like his 2nd or 3rd strikeout. i lost my temper and yelled at him he was going back to triple a or something & whatnot. the royals sucked too so the stadium was very quiet, i think everyone there heard me. he never looked up but Hrbek tipped his cap at me later after he came back from flying out to deep right and i told him it was ok or whatever (my favorite player).
anyway, even so, i couldn't 'boo' my team at the stadium. i think it's pointlessly degrading to them.

Personally if you are paying 25 dollars to park and like a 100 dollars for tickets to see millionaires play boo all the hell you like if u dont like what u see.

It's definitly interesting how many people on this board would not let thier displeasure with unacceptable performance be known. I would like to think that most people are not accepting of unacceptable performance from co workers, employees, or service providers. Football has another set of rules apparently.

The way I see it, booing your own team only aids the opposition. It's not like you're pointing out anything the team, coaches, or ownership don't already know.

It would take alot for me to "BOO" the 'phins,but if we don't beat Houston this year at home!!!! I'm booin'.

I use to havet ickets on the left field pole in old yankees staduim and use to boo at Manny Ramirez and would ask him why he always wore pajamas to the games. One game i even had a group of teenagers chanting pajama boy, it was great. He was a great sport about it even turned and laughed with the kids.

As for boing you own team. hmmmm. thats tricky. i didn't think i could boo the dolphins. but I was at a few games during the 1 and 15 season and was so pissed at the teams conditioning and lack of play and spirit that i was cursing for camerons head, but still never bood them.

It's definitly interesting how many people on this board would not let thier displeasure with unacceptable performance be known. I would like to think that most people are not accepting of unacceptable performance from co workers, employees, or service providers. Football has another set of rules apparently.

As far as employee's and/or service providers, I let my displeasure with unacceptable performance be known in a "different" way. I can assure you they would much prefer my booing. LOL

When they don't hustle or just go through the motions. As long as I see an effort and some passion, then I will not boo.

Point is; You are probably not positive towards them, right?

Yes, that is absoltely correct. However, that is something that has a direct affect on myself, financially and reputation wise for a job I am doing or, for a comfort level for me and my family.

Not the same with football, other than when I lose a bet for a bunch and tell my wife she can't go shopping that week. That is "A Fate Worse Than Death" but, I still don't boo unless I see a lack of effort. :)

Yes, that is absoltely correct. However, that is something that has a direct affect on myself, financially and reputation wise for a job I am doing or, for a comfort level for me and my family.

Not the same with football, other than when I lose a bet for a bunch and tell my wife she can't go shopping that week. That is "A Fate Worse Than Death" but, I still don't boo unless I see a lack of effort. :)

That's the key. When is it acceptable. I think "booing" which I think encompasses lots of things actually..I mean seriously...Who yells "boooo" anymore? At any rate, I think when a team, organization, or person don't deserve negative renforcment until they show they are negligent, lazy, or simply act like they don't care.

Even my kids. I am always positive towards my kids an thier efforts, until they are lazy, or act like they don't care, or just flat don't do what they are told. Then, they get negative feedback.

I think that goes for a football team as well as anyone else.

Even my kids. I am always positive towards my kids an thier efforts, until they are lazy, or act like they don't care, or just flat don't do what they are told. Then, they get negative feedback.quote]

Exactly.............In my case the negative feedback would be in other words a NICE KICK ON THEIR BEHINDS.

Back
Top Bottom