Booker best offensive hope to make Sparano's unforcasted system work | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Booker best offensive hope to make Sparano's unforcasted system work

My colleague J.D. put together an interesting perspective on Lorenzo Booker:
http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/21401.html

I tend to agree that Booker could be a key deciding factor in terms of the effectiveness of this offense.

What do you all think?

I really like him.. Cam made a huge mistake in not playing him much earlier in the season. He's the quickest guy on our team and can make anyone miss.

Great read too!

Ronnie Brown is the key along with Beck or whomever the QB is. Booker is just an accessory that maybe used in a roll like Dave Megget us to be used (3rd down back and a change of pace back), if that much.

Ronnie Brown is the key along with Beck or whomever the QB is. Booker is just an accessory that maybe used in a roll like Dave Megget us to be used (3rd down back and a change of pace back), if that much.

You do realize that Dave Megget was more than just an "accessory" on those Giant teams?

I'm still trying to figure out why the guy didn't get more playing time.

Because Cam was clueless. Thats the only reason I can find. Can couldnt evaluate talent if it dropped on his nose and started to dance. The only reason he didnt play him was because he dropped a few punts, that doesnt make him a bad runner.

Now theres an extremely informative article that could also be used as another script for a Sinfield show.
An article based on nothing, That tells the reader something.

"During his most recent gathering with the local media, Miami head coach Tony Sparano made two statements that, when tied together, should be an encouraging sign for at least one Dolphin.

1.) " The system would have to fit the players they have. "
And since they haven't even started bringing in many of these players that informative information should stop the presses.

And this is the nail on the head that says it all,

2.) "Right now we really don't have an idea one way or the other."

Well that clears things up for me...surprising they'd come out and be so clear as to the direction they are going.......

They also are changing their clip boards for weegie boards which tells of another scoop, they are not going after Dan Marino. lol

I've very interested and excited to see how they use Booker. He can definitely be a gamechanger.

Now theres an extremely informative article that could also be used as another script for a Sinfield show.
An article based on nothing, That tells the reader something.

"During his most recent gathering with the local media, Miami head coach Tony Sparano made two statements that, when tied together, should be an encouraging sign for at least one Dolphin.

1.) " The system would have to fit the players they have. "
And since they haven't even started bringing in many of these players that informative information should stop the presses.

And this is the nail on the head that says it all,

2.) "Right now we really don't have an idea one way or the other."

Well that clears things up for me...surprising they'd come out and be so clear as to the direction they are going.......

They also are changing their clip boards for weegie boards which tells of another scoop, they are not going after Dan Marino. lol

so let me get this straight? Booker's on-field performance last year qualifies as "nothing"?

The job of a columnist is to form opinions based on both the known and the unknown.

I guess that according to your logic, we shouldn't discuss the draft since we know nothing about what the personnel folks are really thinking about the prospects and because they have not completed their evaluations in full.

I like Booker. HE will be usefull in kickoffs and gadget plays. If Ricky is back to 80-90% football form I beleive it will limit Bookers uses. However we may see him in the slot and on 4 wide formations but remember R@R is just as good if not better at catching as anyone in the league. If those 2 are healthy then the fresh one needs to be in on 3rd downs.

booker is explosive. he has the break away speed along with Ted Ginn Jr. we need explosive young players to help spark this offense.

yes booker will be a great change of pace back, but i think its a little far fetched to project bookers numbers for the 11 games he didnt play during and compare him to the likes of dave megget and warrick dunn in their rookie season. There is a reason booker didnt get to play those first 11 games (could just be because cam isnt so bright) but it also has something to do with the depth in front of him. Who are we to say that booker would have played so well in those first 11 games with the other backs we had even if he did play.

Dunn and megget earned their licks through their whole rookie seasons, and i feel that the comparison is mildly irrelevant. I know... here come all the booker supporters to tell me im crazy, and I'm with you... i really like the guy, i just think it is poor writing.

well,i definitely agree that Booker is a good change of pace back,he does have good speed&quickness...i think he'll do good for us as he gets used more throughout a full season

Back
Top Bottom