Booker best offensive hope to make Sparano's unforcasted system work | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Booker best offensive hope to make Sparano's unforcasted system work

Don't mean to put you down, but you're comparing apples to oranges.

Reggie Bush has a lot of straight-line speed but is not very elusive in terms of lateral movement. His big plays come in space, but not because he's juking guys. What he does is basically find angles so that he can outrun people to the corner.

Lorenzo Booker has more pedestrian straight-line speed but is extremely elusive in terms of lateral movement (i.e. he breaks ankles).

Also, to say that guys with Booker's skill set will be nothing more than a role player lacks a bit of historical perspective. There have been many players with his size and physical attributes that have served key roles in productive offenses. The author mentions Dave Megget for example.

And one last thing. Booker is a better receiver than Bush. He showcased that ability in limited this action this season, making more than a handful of impressive grabs (Bush on the other hand is known for lapses that result in dropping of easy passes). Not sure how you missed that.

All of that said, Booker has yet to prove that he is anything more than a nice change of pace third-down back. But then again, he is just a second-year player that was inexplicably shelved for most of his rookie campaign.

wow, the Booker homers are starting to become as bad as the Beck homers here

[leaves thread]

wow, the Booker homers are starting to become as bad as the Beck homers here

[leaves thread]

were not homers.. you just dont know what we have in booker... thats all.. were not saying hes the next coming of gale sayers... or barry sanders... were just saying that your not giving him much of a chance for a guy who in very limited time showed good football skillz:up:

I would rather be a Beck homer and a Booker homer than look like someone trolling. I don't know why you hate our young guys but it's fans and media with your attitude that takes away the players will to be on our team. Pretty soon we will win every away game and always lose at home and I can't blame the players for getting tired of fickle pessimistic fans that don't understand the game and can't comprehend developement.

I would rather be a Beck homer and a Booker homer than look like someone trolling. I don't know why you hate our young guys but it's fans and media with your attitude that takes away the players will to be on our team. Pretty soon we will win every away game and always lose at home and I can't blame the players for getting tired of fickle pessimistic fans that don't understand the game and can't comprhend developement.
A-MEN! If you do not have anything good to say about the dolphins players and slam us by saying you are going to go to the VIP section because we dont know what we are talking about, then please do leave us HOMERS alone!

Back
Top Bottom