Booker best offensive hope to make Sparano's unforcasted system work | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Booker best offensive hope to make Sparano's unforcasted system work

Ronnie plays his best with Ricky. Booker will be used in the slot and in ST's and stuff but Bill picked up Ricky's option for a reason. Either RB may not be ready before the opener or Bill has more faith in Ricky than anyone else on our roster. BTW Bill don't like players that miss games every year. Ronnie has to do something this year. 4 years is enough and we have seen no where near a 32 million dollar back.
I dont think anybody has to much faith in Ricky Williams sense you know the whole smoking thing.I dont think Bill Parcels likes players that cant stay in the league and Ricky still needs to give use some money.

This is something I always thought would be best suited for Booker. Why can we not line him up in the slot more, or motion him out of the backfield? The guy has quicks and hands, and is very elusive in the open field.

I could envision lining him up in the same backfield as Ronnie, then motioning him out to the slot, or even out wide (see Kevin Faulk in the superbowl). Defenses would have to respect his ability, thus opening more lanes for Ronnie in the running game, and giving Beck (or whatever quarterback we start) another option in the passing game.

Does Booker project at all as a slot receiver? Why or why not?

It's because our line doesn't block well enough. A back in the backfield can stay back and block or at least slow down blitzers and linemen. Also the Dolphins don't have a QB that can beat a team that blitzes. The reason the Pats are able to use Welker so well is that their line is very good and they rarely get confused up front with the twists and turns that Dlinemen make. When you do blitz the linemen are still able to give Brady enough time, which doesn't have to be very much, to find a target.

I think you keep Booker in the backfield and split him out every so often, assuming you can afford it. It keeps the defense guessing and by running him at times you are able to create mismatches. If you always use him as a slot WR he'll get matched up on a nickel back and his production will drop.

Ronnie Brown and john beck ( or some other person we draft) is the Key to this teams sucess

ridiculous just like it was when it was posted yesterday. If Booker is our "best offensive hope" then we should pack up and go home.

booker is no more than a third down back

no better than reggie bush on his best day

booker is poor-man's reggie bush....which isn't saying much....

completely disagree... booker to me is equal to or better than reggie bush.. booker has great hands... the reason i say maybe better is because we havent seen booker run between the tackles much... but i know catching the balll hes just as good as bush... just because he was picked in the third round it doenst mean hes a poor mans anything

completely disagree... booker to me is equal to or better than reggie bush.. booker has great hands... the reason i say maybe better is because we havent seen booker run between the tackles much... but i know catching the balll hes just as good as bush... just because he was picked in the third round it doenst mean hes a poor mans anything

lorenzo booker better than reggie bush?

TIME TO JOIN VIP!

lorenzo booker better than reggie bush?

TIME TO JOIN VIP!

ive never said better... i said possibly better..we all know that reggie bush isnt a very good inside the tackles runner... which could be probably be the same for lorenzo.. but with lorenzo we dont know that yet so there is a possibility that he could be better if hes a better runner between the tackles.. but you do agree lorenzo is as good as a receiver as reggie ??? and if you do what would rather have ... a 2nd overall pick or a 3rd round pick that do the exact same thing????

ive never said better... i said possibly better..we all know that reggie bush isnt a very good inside the tackles runner... which could be probably be the same for lorenzo.. but with lorenzo we dont know that yet so there is a possibility that he could be better if hes a better runner between the tackles.. but you do agree lorenzo is as good as a receiver as reggie ??? and if you do what would rather have ... a 2nd overall pick or a 3rd round pick that do the exact same thing????

reggie bush is nothing more than an OVERRATED 3rd down back

lorenzo booker is nothing more than a third down back

where they were drafted has no bearing on their performance. neither should have been first round picks IMO

reggie bush is a better receiver than booker IMO. reggie is more dangerous in open space. but thats all he is good at. if the Saints were smart they would have him returning kicks instead of trying to make him a RB

but booker's physical ability is not that of Bush's. he will still be a decent 3rd down back for us. But hes not going to be lighting it up. He is a role player.

where they were drafted has no bearing on their performance. neither should have been first round picks IMO

reggie bush is a better receiver than booker IMO. reggie is more dangerous in open space. but thats all he is good at. if the Saints were smart they would have him returning kicks instead of trying to make him a RB

but booker's physical ability is not that of Bush's. he will still be a decent 3rd down back for us. But hes not going to be lighting it up. He is a role player.

Don't mean to put you down, but you're comparing apples to oranges.

Reggie Bush has a lot of straight-line speed but is not very elusive in terms of lateral movement. His big plays come in space, but not because he's juking guys. What he does is basically find angles so that he can outrun people to the corner.

Lorenzo Booker has more pedestrian straight-line speed but is extremely elusive in terms of lateral movement (i.e. he breaks ankles).

Also, to say that guys with Booker's skill set will be nothing more than a role player lacks a bit of historical perspective. There have been many players with his size and physical attributes that have served key roles in productive offenses. The author mentions Dave Megget for example.

And one last thing. Booker is a better receiver than Bush. He showcased that ability in limited this action this season, making more than a handful of impressive grabs (Bush on the other hand is known for lapses that result in dropping of easy passes). Not sure how you missed that.

All of that said, Booker has yet to prove that he is anything more than a nice change of pace third-down back. But then again, he is just a second-year player that was inexplicably shelved for most of his rookie campaign.

As a runningback yes he's nothing more then a 3rd down back but as a player the kids a flat out playmaker. Did you even watch him catching out of the backfield? He made veteran players look like High school kids when it was him vs the defender. His cuts and elusiveness are almost Barry Sanders like...

Back
Top Bottom