Booker could be more than just a backup for Dolphins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Booker could be more than just a backup for Dolphins

Green Phin

Starter
Reaction score
Adam Best from rf365 writes that "Booker is too talented just to be a plain old backup, though. He's a change-of-pace back with home-run-hitting ability. The Madden-like moves and quickness he displayed during OTAs had his coaches and teammates raving. The big question is whether those skills will translate to full-contact NFL Sundays."

http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/2007/07/dolphins-booker-morethanabackup130707.html

All the media and team members seem to agree on Booker's performance on OTA. Although, I am rooting for him to be like Reggie Bush, OTAs are not that indicative. If he performs well in pre-season, then we'll have a better indication.
:thumbup:

I never thought of him as a back up. I think he'll get plenty of playing time.

He got my vote for "rookie to make the biggest impact", he should get plenty of snaps, and can take it to the house.

He is Ronnie Browns back-up plain and simple. Ronnie is our #1 back. Booker will be a change of pace, situational player. Booker will have plenty of opportunities to contribute but Ronnie will get the bulk of the carries.

If he lives up to the hype he's getting from some circles, then this could end up being like the Jaguars backfield of Taylor/Jones-Drew. That would make me happy.

If he lives up to the hype he's getting from some circles, then this could end up being like the Jaguars backfield of Taylor/Jones-Drew. That would make me happy.

Definitely has similar potential.

I've seen Lorenzo Booker play before and here is what i can say about him. He may have ran his 40 in the 4.46 range or whatever but by no means is he slow. He's elusive when he gets in space, kind of like trying to chase a chicken if anyone can understand the analogy. It really is unfortunate that Bowden didn't give him enough carries because it probably slowed down his growth as an all purpose back. Do i think he's going to blow everyone away? Probably not but i do see him making some plays this year.

I've seen Lorenzo Booker play before and here is what i can say about him. He may have ran his 40 in the 4.46 range or whatever but by no means is he slow. He's elusive when he gets in space, kind of like trying to chase a chicken if anyone can understand the analogy. It really is unfortunate that Bowden didn't give him enough carries because it probably slowed down his growth as an all purpose back. Do i think he's going to blow everyone away? Probably not but i do see him making some plays this year.

Ive read that Booker wasnt used much inside the Tackles. Is that right? If so then Ronnie Brown is our No1 and hes the power back and not Booker who will be the 3rd down back till he proves otherwise.

i seriously don't understand why everyone is on this dudes jock already...what he juked out guys who can't hit him in OTAs wow thats impressive...oh and a dude who was the number 1 recruit coming out of high school yet does nothing once he's in college. come on guys lets see what this kid can do in pads before we put labels on him and handing him the starting job over ronnie. I hope Lobo turns out to have success like leon washington did with the jets or even as explosive as Reggie bush is, but i'm not holding my breath.

He is Ronnie Browns back-up plain and simple. Ronnie is our #1 back. Booker will be a change of pace, situational player. Booker will have plenty of opportunities to contribute but Ronnie will get the bulk of the carries.

I am a Ronnie fan, however I don't think that he has played a full 16 game season as of yet, Booker could end up starting a game or two this year.

Who else do we have anyway,,?

I know he is good but people need to stop overrating him he isn't better then Ronnie.

Yeah Ronnies durability is a question mark. Hopefully Booker is what everyone is hoping he is. Booker is not an every down back either and behind them two, I think there is a big drop off in talent. Hopefully they are both injury free and we have an unpredictable situation with our offense. With the speed and talent we will be hard to gameplan against if we stay healthy all year.

Ive read that Booker wasnt used much inside the Tackles. Is that right? If so then Ronnie Brown is our No1 and hes the power back and not Booker who will be the 3rd down back till he proves otherwise.

Yeah that's true. Most of the runs i saw him break big were like sweeps or screen passes that he made some moves on.

Adam Best from rf365 writes that "Booker is too talented just to be a plain old backup, though. He's a change-of-pace back with home-run-hitting ability. The Madden-like moves and quickness he displayed during OTAs had his coaches and teammates raving. The big question is whether those skills will translate to full-contact NFL Sundays."

http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/2007/07/dolphins-booker-morethanabackup130707.html

All the media and team members seem to agree on Booker's performance on OTA. Although, I am rooting for him to be like Reggie Bush, OTAs are not that indicative. If he performs well in pre-season, then we'll have a better indication.
:thumbup:

I wont be surprised if we see Brown at the FB position and Booker at TB.
Cam will cross up D's with that look and send Booker in motion against a LB, then hand the ball off to Brown matched 1-1 against a 6 front.

I think Cam is going to create excellent match-ups with Booker.

This is what I mean about RB being very limited and a poor value at #2 selection. He just doesnt have the diversity in skills and attributes to be a threat. Yes, hes a power runner, and thats nice, but thats it. He doesnt create significant matchup problems for the D like Booker will.

We'll see Booker in the slot, in motion, as a single back, and in the shotgun running those famous draws and slip screens.

I dont think RB is going to carry much of a load at all this year, especially when Cam opens up the offense.:err:

I wont be surprised if we see Brown at the FB position and Booker at TB.
Cam will cross up D's with that look and send Booker in motion against a LB, then hand the ball off to Brown matched 1-1 against a 6 front.

I think Cam is going to create excellent match-ups with Booker.

This is what I mean about RB being very limited and a poor value at #2 selection. He just doesnt have the diversity in skills and attributes to be a threat. Yes, hes a power runner, and thats nice, but thats it. He doesnt create significant matchup problems for the D like Booker will.

We'll see Booker in the slot, in motion, as a single back, and in the shotgun running those famous draws and slip screens.

I dont think RB is going to carry much of a load at all this year, especially when Cam opens up the offense.:err:
I think that's the bigger key to this. We now have someone who can take advantage of a player's talent and put them in positions to make plays.

Back
Top Bottom