Booker could replace Brown seriously... | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Booker could replace Brown seriously...

That's grabage. LT and Larry Johnsons don't need good ofensive lines. Neither did Terrell Davis or Emmit Smith.

No, if you think LT, Johnson, Davis and Smith didn't have very good offensive lines you need to go post on a horticulture board.

I was being sarcastic. I love RB. I was so happy we chose him and I think he has been one of the more succesful players in the top 5 to 10 players taken in that draft. Alex Smith wasn't in Hawai last year. Our team has never utilized Ronnie enough. It's like he even had 30 carries in that Chicago game last year. RB is the type of back that can tote the ball 30 times per game. We must give him the ball and utilize Booker off the bench.

Ah, I see. Next time, give us a clue, will ya? :D

I hope Im wrong guys honestly, I just don't get the STAR vibe from Ronnie, if he does not get the job done this year he could be in trouble..

Don't get the STAR vibe???? Why not ask all the DBs and LBs he ran over....I'm sure they all saw STARS after he smacked them.....

Booker may be quick and fast...but Ronnie is an EVERY DOWN player.

Don't get the STAR vibe???? Why not ask all the DBs and LBs he ran over....I'm sure they all saw STARS after he smacked them.....

Booker may be quick and fast...but Ronnie is an EVERY DOWN player.

Ronnie's been making opposing defense players see stars for quite a while. I know I wouldn't want to tackle him as he bursts through a hole right at me. Just ask our own Jason Allen. Ronnie ran over him too when he played for Tennessee in college. I bet Ronnie still jokes around with Jason a little about that. :chuckle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0cNxbr4R2I

Also watch Ronnie's pass catching abilities. I'm sure he'll be doing it pretty often this fall. I can't wait. I have a good feeling about Ronnie this year. I think his new coach Bobby Jackson and Cam are gonna make him a star this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0cNxbr4R2I

Brown is a lardo who eats too much, and is no more than average, but LBoogie replacing him?

:shakeno:
What are you talking about? Have you sat down to eat with Ronnie? I didn't think so. Lardo? Not so much. And you have a pic of Ginn on crutches. Why?

So the question is - are you a Bills, Jets or Pats fan? Quit insulting Marino by having his name associated with you. :fire:

ronnie brown production

rushing+receiving yards/game leaders for 2006

steven jackson 145.9
ladainian tomlinson 145.2
larry johnson 137.4
frank gore 136.2
tiki barber 133.0
brian westbrook 127.7
willie parker 107.3
ahman green 102.2
kevin jones 100.7
chester taylor 100.3
ladell betts 99.9
ronnie brown 98.7

Ronnie is obviously far from the top six, which would have been nice for the 2nd pick in the draft. Ranking 12th in the league however is still pretty good, especially considering the fangless passing game. I doubt he'll be replaced.

steven jackson 145.9
larry johnson 137.4
frank gore 136.2
tiki barber 133.0
brian westbrook 127.7
willie parker 107.3
ahman green 102.2
kevin jones 100.7
chester taylor 100.3
ladell betts 99.9
ronnie brown 98.7

Ronnie is obviously far from the top six, which would have been nice for the 2nd pick in the draft. Ranking 12th in the league however is still pretty good, especially considering the fangless passing game. I doubt he'll be replaced.

All of them had a better O-Line than us. Especially during the first four games. And let's not forget that Ronnie Brown missed three games due to a freak accident.

Forget the 2nd overall pick in the draft garbage, and look at it from a production standpoint. Ronnie brown will be in his 3rd Year now for the Miami Dolphins and besides showing some flashes of greatness he has not been up to the #2 pick in the Draft so far...

Maybe that will change last year he had a chance to shine, and he did not in my eyes. Average year for a Starting RB at best.

Booker was brought in because of cams desire for a quicker back. If Ronnie isnt getting the yards and Booker out performs him I honestly think we might see Booker as the featured back, of course not this year but next year unless Ronnie mans up and packs it in this year...

Quick stats for 2006

1008 Yds on 241 carries 4.2yds per carry and 5 touchdowns. 23rd in the league.

10th in the AFC alone..

He was 13th in the league and 7th in the AFC in yards per game. He had a decent YPC average. He is also an excellent receiver. We will see and improve Ronnie Brown this season. We have a coach that knows how to use a RB.

You've got to be kidding me. :smackhead:

exactly what i was thinking. i think thread starter was forgetting we had a loser OC last year who didn't use ronnie the way he needs to be used.

a 4.2 ave. is nothing to be dissapointed about for a second year back. Especially behind our line and our lack of fullback/TE blocking.

Ronnie has been great and I expect even more from him this year.

If Ronnie gets a little leaner, and gets some more offensive help, I think that he could be a top back in the league.

Booker underperformed at FSU and I don't see how anyone can already proclaim that he will take Brown's job any time soon.

steven jackson 145.9
larry johnson 137.4
frank gore 136.2
tiki barber 133.0
brian westbrook 127.7
willie parker 107.3
ahman green 102.2
kevin jones 100.7
chester taylor 100.3
ladell betts 99.9
ronnie brown 98.7

Do it by touch. $5 says he moves up. Remember fans were wailing that he wasn't getting enough touches by Mularkey.

Booker will surprize you he is a awesone running back. He and beck are great additions to this team.

Forget the 2nd overall pick in the draft garbage, and look at it from a production standpoint. Ronnie brown will be in his 3rd Year now for the Miami Dolphins and besides showing some flashes of greatness he has not been up to the #2 pick in the Draft so far...

Maybe that will change last year he had a chance to shine, and he did not in my eyes. Average year for a Starting RB at best.

Booker was brought in because of cams desire for a quicker back. If Ronnie isnt getting the yards and Booker out performs him I honestly think we might see Booker as the featured back, of course not this year but next year unless Ronnie mans up and packs it in this year...

Quick stats for 2006

1008 Yds on 241 carries 4.2yds per carry and 5 touchdowns. 23rd in the league.

10th in the AFC alone..

Booker is a quicker back, but he's not a workhorse. He more than proved that at FSU. But he is a great change-of-pace prospect. It amazes me that you can make this revelation without seeing him with NFL talent on the field. In just a couple of practices, you've determined that a back who came in late his rookie year, shared time with two other backs, and then was hurt part of last year with an atrocious OL and such poor offensive scheme that the D's could almost always play 7 or 8 in the box specifically to stop the run because they knew we couldn't pass is not as good as a rookie with a checkered college career ????

Go back to Madden...

Back
Top Bottom