Booker could replace Brown seriously... | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Booker could replace Brown seriously...

I like brown but he needs to really take over the game. If Cam Cameron runs this offense like anything in San Diego than Brown needs to make huge strides.

Cam's whole offense is based on the running backs and tight ends and what they do, just look at Tomlinson and Parker for further..

How can Ronnie Brown take over a game when the head coach says he want to limit Brown's carries to 15-18 per game?

Cam's offense in San Diego was based on the running backs and tight ends because they were the strengths of the offense. If you have paid attention to what Cam and Mueller has done or tried to do this off season, you will have noticed that they are looking for that explosiveness and quick strike capabilities on offense. That's why they went after Donte Stallworth and Kelly Washington in free agency and selected Ted Ginn in the first round of this year's draft.

I agree Ronnie has been a disappointment inm my book, but not statistically. How many times can you remember Ricky just changing the game by breaking a huge run or taking it to the house. I can't remember Ronnie dictating a game ever, or changing the tide of a game. Yes, he will get you your 1000 yds each season, but he just can't change a game the way Ricky could.

I really think that Booker can make more long TD runs than Brown. But Ronnie can pound it for 20+ times a game. I do not think that Booker can do that at this level. I love the power of Brown and the speed of Booker.:cooldude:

I agree Ronnie has been a disappointment inm my book, but not statistically. How many times can you remember Ricky just changing the game by breaking a huge run or taking it to the house. I can't remember Ronnie dictating a game ever, or changing the tide of a game. Yes, he will get you your 1000 yds each season, but he just can't change a game the way Ricky could.

Once again, how can Ronnie take over a game when he is not given the ball? In his 2 year career (28 games played), he has carried the ball 23 or more times only 5 times. We are undefeated in those games by the way.

The questions you have about Ronnie are the same questions people had about Ricky his first 2 seasons in the NFL.

How can Ronnie Brown take over a game when the head coach says he want to limit Brown's carries to 15-18 per game?

Cam's offense in San Diego was based on the running backs and tight ends because they were the strengths of the offense. If you have paid attention to what Cam and Mueller has done or tried to do this off season, you will have noticed that they are looking for that explosiveness and quick strike capabilities on offense. That's why they went after Donte Stallworth and Kelly Washington in free agency and selected Ted Ginn in the first round of this year's draft.

Cam and Randy definitely got us a home run threat game breaker with Ted Ginn this year. He's going to spread defenses out a lot. Those safeties better stay waay out there in the outfield. Ted just needs to grab a quick intermediate pass by the sideline, juke the DB and in a few steps he's gone ... nobody is going to catch him ... even the fast guys in the NFL. He just needs 2-3 steps and it's over.

If Dolphins fans wanted a super fast, super quick guy like Reggie Bush, we got it with Ted Ginn now. He's going to make the whole offense better because defenses will have to key on him. Meanwhile Chambers, Hagan, Booker and David Martin will be sneaking around getting open more. Ronnie will have more room in the secondary for those quick 20 yard blasts between the tackles that he is good at. Lorenzo Booker could be utilitized a bit like Reggie Bush catching more short passes and screens and all that. Lorenzo accelerates pretty well and has pretty good elusiveness in space. I just hope he can stay healthy at his size. He better try to add 10 lbs. of muscle somehow. :D

Cam and Randy definitely got us a home run threat game breaker with Ted Ginn this year. He's going to spread defenses out a lot. Those safeties better stay waay out there in the outfield. Ted just needs to grab a quick intermediate pass by the sideline, juke the DB and in a few steps he's gone ... nobody is going to catch him ... even the fast guys in the NFL. He just needs 2-3 steps and it's over.

If Dolphins fans wanted a super fast, super quick guy like Reggie Bush, we got it with Ted Ginn now. He's going to make the whole offense better because defenses will have to key on him. Meanwhile Chambers, Hagan, Booker and David Martin will be sneaking around getting open more. Ronnie will have more room in the secondary for those quick 20 yard blasts between the tackles that he is good at. Lorenzo Booker could be utilitized a bit like Reggie Bush catching more short passes and screens and all that. Lorenzo accelerates pretty well and has pretty good elusiveness in space. I just hope he can stay healthy at his size. He better try to add 10 lbs. of muscle somehow. :D

You make a great point about Ted spreading the field. Just think what will happen with playaction passes when Ronnie is over 100+ in a game. The Dolphins have a chance to hurt teams in the running game and passing game. They can hit teams short or long now and the only real questions I have on the Offense is...

Can the OLINE block long enough for Ginn to run deep?:confused:
Can CPEP get his mojo back this year?:confused:
Can Ronnie stay healthy all season on long?:confused:

If the above happens Zach & Jason will make sure the Defense is ready for a playoff run this season!!!:evil::evil::evil:

A lot easier to take over a game when you're getting the ball 25-30+ times a game as opposed to only 15-20.

DORFDAD:

i agree and it is so refreshing to see a fan who FINALLY gets it about ronnie brown. lorenzo booker is shiftier and has much more game speed and is a far better pass catcher.

his moves are stop on a dime wicked and ronnie just doesnt have that. but, the only thing that worries me is he did dance around behind the line a lot in college and that is one of ronnie browns BIGGEST problems. you would think it would be coached out of him by now after 3 years in the nfl but NO! and that kind of tells you we are seing all we will see out of brown.

florida state had the most putrid 0-line in college ball. that, hopefully is a big part of bookers dances. and our 0-line is not even CLOSE to beeing that bad, college or pro, however you want to compare it, and booker will be licking his lips at the holes he never had at f/s.

could we have a faster version of emit smith on our hands? could be! or, we have just another guy who should be on dancing with the stars, not in the nfl. but i sure have a great feeling about booker. if nothing else, i think he will end up as one of the best off the bench change up backs the nfl has seen in some time.

Last edited by a moderator:
DORFDAD:

i agree and it is so refreshing to see a fan who FINALLY gets it about ronnie brown. lorenzo booker is shiftier and has much more game speed and is a far better pass catcher.

his moves are stop on a dime wicked and ronnie just doesnt have that. but, the only thing that worries me is he did dance around behind the line a lot in college and that is one of ronnie browns BIGGEST problems. you would think it would be coached out of him by noe after 3 years in the nfl but NO! and that kind of tells you we are seing all we will see out of brown.

florida state had the most putrid 0-line in college ball. that, hopefully is a big part of bookers dances. and our 0-line is not even CLOSE to beeing that bad, college or pro, however you want to compare it, and booker will be licking his lips at the holes he never had at f/s.

could we have a faster version of emit smith on our hands? could be! or, we have just another guy who should be on dancing with the stars, not in the nfl. but i sure have a great feeling about booker. if nothing else, i think he will end up asa one of the best off the bench change up backs the nfl has seen in some time.

Being that Brown has a good 40+ pounds on Booker, I would hope that Booker has better speed and agility. As far as Booker being a "far better pass catcher", Brown probably at the best hands out of anybody in his draft class. Brown just hasn't been utilized....

Please watch the second half of the video....

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3iUqk8TiPI

Ronnie is prolly our best OL at the moment 2nd best WR, 2nd best QB ,best TE
Booker-doesnt even have his name on the depth chart atm.
Ronnie will have a huge year in 2007.

Is this a joke. How many backs can run against 8 to 9 men in the box constantly. A prime example is Edge. What happened to him when no one respected his offensive line. Brown will get his number when he gets his carries. Last year brown had a broken arm,wrist,or finger that is part of the game. He does not sit out with bruised ribs or a headache. As hard as he runs his durability is not an issue. As far as booker he could not stay healthy at FSU how is he going to handle the NFL that is still a big question mark. I hope he pans out better than Travis Minor did. He is a third down back, at best a third down back and special teams player.

and who has produced offensively for FSU lately?

ronnie brown also failed to produce in college, as well as the NFL

itd be one thing to stand up for brown if he has produced. but he hasnt. 10th in the afc is not good. you can blame it on mularky all you want, but buffalo's run game was much better than ours when he was coaching up there

Our offense in general did not produce last year.......why does everybody want to pick on Ronnie because he didn't get 1500 yards on a putrid offense???:shakeno:

Thats rediculous. We will not replace the best player on our offense. The man has a 4.3 lifetime YPC behind a crappy line. Nuff' said

Back
Top Bottom