Booker could replace Brown seriously... | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Booker could replace Brown seriously...

I don't think we drafted Booker with that intention, but Booker is talented enough to possibly push Ronnie and if ronnie was to go down and Booker excelled, you never know. Many people are putting down Booker because he was not all world at FSU but Ronnie was not the best back on his college team either and it worked out fine for him.

Forget the 2nd overall pick in the draft garbage, and look at it from a production standpoint. Ronnie brown will be in his 3rd Year now for the Miami Dolphins and besides showing some flashes of greatness he has not been up to the #2 pick in the Draft so far...

Maybe that will change last year he had a chance to shine, and he did not in my eyes. Average year for a Starting RB at best.

i don't know how often we have to get back to the fact that our o-line has been more or less a bad joke last year and that you cannot, by all means, expect a running back to "shine" when he has three blitzers in his face even before he has the ball.

same, by the way, obviously, with the sack/ interception problem. as stiff as culpepper might still have been, there was no way he could get away from all the blitzers. being an experienced qb, he rather took the sack more often than just putting the ball out there. harrington obviously was brought in because of his ability to throw the ball really quickly, and the ic problem was brought in exactly because of that.

Ronnie Brown IS mediocre as an NFL RB, nobody can argue otherwise. It is a fact until he proves otherwise.

Yes he has all the indications of being able to become an elite RB in the league but until he actually does something and has a year at or near the top all the hope and speculation in the world is meaningless.

He remains MEDIOCRE.

Maybe, just maybe Booker's talents will transfer better to the NFL game and he will be more successful than Ronnie. It could happen if there is something inside Booker that hasn't come out yet.

Ronnie doesn't give me that wow factor that I had when Ricky was running it. He seems to SO FAR be a slightly above average running back. I don't feel that he has really caused the DC's across the league to alter their plan when they play the Phins. Cam's offense focuses on that. It's an attack attack offense.

Ronnie's going to need to step up his game or you'll see him traded in a year or two. Mark my words.

The good news is I think Ronnie's got it in him to be a premier RB. He just needs the right situation not to mention an O line that can actually block for him and a mauler at FB. Finally, this year he'll get those things.

Ronnie Brown IS mediocre as an NFL RB, nobody can argue otherwise. It is a fact until he proves otherwise.

Yes he has all the indications of being able to become an elite RB in the league but until he actually does something and has a year at or near the top all the hope and speculation in the world is meaningless.

He remains MEDIOCRE.

Maybe, just maybe Booker's talents will transfer better to the NFL game and he will be more successful than Ronnie. It could happen if there is something inside Booker that hasn't come out yet.

Agreed. And although this probably has been said many times before-- Ronnie has always thrived with another top RB on the roster(Cadillac in College and Ricky his rookie year). Last year alone what did he do? Not much. The OL and QB argument is garbage since Ricky got the rushing title in 02 with Jay Fiedler. L. Booker might not be a replacement for Ronnie, but if Ronnie doesn't step up this year I wouldn't be surprised if Cam looks at other options. He is Saban's pick afterall...

4.3 YPC 1,008 yards and missed 4 games and hardly ever got 20-25 carrys a game last year. i think if he can manage to stay healthy and we feed him the rock 20-25 times consistantly i think he can definitly have a 1250-1500 yard season if our o line plays like they were toward the end of the season.

If and I think he can don't always pan out. If Ryan Leaf had some passion for the game I think he would of won a superbowl

This is funny. Our first Ronnie/Lorenzo Booker thread. We only had one or two Ricky/Ronnie threads every other day the past couple of years. :D

Ronnie missed 3 1/2 games and he still got 1,000 yards. There's not a thing Ronnie could have done about a broken hand. Clinton Portis broke his hand and missed most of the season. Ronnie's finger got caught in the Lion's guys facemask. He was on track for about 1,300+ yards before that.

He got 150+ yards against the best defense in the NFL last year (the Bears). Our offensive line wasn't too good most of the year. Our OC only gave Ronnie about 16 carries a game when guys like Larry Johnson got 25-30 per game. We got down 2 touchdowns a bunch of times last year and we abandoned the run. We had bigtime QB problems like sacks and receivers dropping balls. We had 3 right guards have injuries. We had to switch Olinemen around because of the injuries, etc.

We had a bunch of things come up that made last year's offense sputter a lot. I think Ronnie did pretty well all things considered. It takes the whole offense with multiple weapons working to get one PART of the offense to perform particularly well ... such as running the ball. You have to keep the defense guessing and have a fairly balanced attack. By the way, Ronnie got 4.4 ypc his rookie year. That's pretty good for a rookie. Look up stats on ESPN of other rookie like LaDainian or Tiki Barber. Ronnie did better than they did as a rookie in ypc. Notice the number of carries Ronnie had.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=2553

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=8417

That's the main thing you notice about Ronnie so far in his career. The OCs we've had simply haven't given him the ball enough! Give him the ball like Larry Johnson, a decent Oline and get a little luck with the injury bug and Ronnie will put up the big yards and maybe go to the Pro Bowl a few years. With all the problems with last year's offense, I think Ronnie's 4.2 ypc and 1,008 yards was pretty respectable. With Cam calling the plays, look for Ronnie's stats to go waaay up. I think 4.8+ ypc and 1,500+ yards is a good possibility. Maybe 400+ more receiving too.

All this said, I think Lorenzo Booker should do pretty well. You don't get to be the starting tailback for Florida State if you're not good. We'll have to wait and see. He'll get a whole lot more opportunities this year with Ricky gone. I hope he's ready for the spotlight this year. He better work hard getting ready for the season. The fans and coaches will have high expectations. He better make sure he stays healthy too! Keep that 200 lb. body in one piece. We need him bad. We don't have a 3rd string guy that I even know anything about at this point. :D

Well said

I was playing devil's advocate earlier, but the truth is most of the people who are saying Booker will be better say he didn't do great at FSU because of their Offense (line and QB) and bash RB not understanding he had a bad Offense around him also.

He remains MEDIOCRE.

stupid post, EVERY stat says you don't have a clue

FSU OL was worst then even the Phins OL.

LoBoogie never had a chance behind that line.

Now, he does have really, really good hands. I expect to see LoBoogie splitting time at the slot atleast until Ginns foot heals.

No Not madden reality Im not bashing Ronnie as a player, but as a starting NFL running back, his Stats do not scare anyone.

Everyone sees the whole we paid X million so he will start figures, but if he isn't productive 1000 yards come on thats nothing anymore in the NFL if you don't have 1000 yds as the starting RB you shouldn't be a starter in this league Ronnie should be getting 1300 yds a season.

OK I'm a chump, but mark my words Im bookmarking this post. When the season is over I'm willing to bet Booker is the NFL running back rookie of the year...

If I lose I will profess my stupidity for all to see..

Ronnie doesnt need to scare anybody, but just keeping pounding away. He is a punishing back who drags for extra yards all the time.

Ronnie doesn't give me that wow factor that I had when Ricky was running it. He seems to SO FAR be a slightly above average running back. I don't feel that he has really caused the DC's across the league to alter their plan when they play the Phins. Cam's offense focuses on that. It's an attack attack offense.

Ronnie's going to need to step up his game or you'll see him traded in a year or two. Mark my words.

The good news is I think Ronnie's got it in him to be a premier RB. He just needs the right situation not to mention an O line that can actually block for him and a mauler at FB. Finally, this year he'll get those things.

is there such a thing as a WOW factor? I doubt it.

Back
Top Bottom